• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cygames announces Project Awakening (high-end console game, probably PS4)

salromano

rYW8wdn.jpg

It's a high-end console game made by Cygames Osaka, who Cygames established for PS4 development. Waiting for the trailer to be posted. No more real details.

Trailer (stream-recorded, eh quality) - https://youtu.be/pAcD9xISxFA

Edit 8/25/16: Direct-feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2swWKaPkzFk

4Bxn3yu.jpg

8RCpqMh.jpg

DMONKUMA

edit:Hmmm

Not really familiar with cygames and since we don't know what genre this particular game will be....I don't feel anything much from it especially if it's a far off game.....fuck those things.

kadotsu

Banned
I'll simply enjoy the small window of the biggest mobage devs trying to grow by releasing high budget, premium games because it sure as shit isn't going to last.

I wonder which game is far ahead in completion, this or that granblue rpg
Intrigued by the teaser image, do we know when a trailer will be posted?

no idea. considering other trailers are directly posted when they were announced/revealed, I guess the teaser won't be uploaded this soon.

I'll simply enjoy the small window of the biggest mobage devs trying to grow by releasing high budget, premium games because it sure as shit isn't going to last.

I do appreciate the effort in trying to expand in a shrinking Japanese market. But yeaaaa best we appreciate it while we can lol.

salromano

Thanks Sal. I remember you posting about the PS4 studio a long time ago.

;D

I need to get back to Granblue. I've only played a few chapters but I really liked what I played.

The Cygames Next event was great. I had high hopes and we got two HD titles out of it, pretty good for a mobile dev~

Isnt it weird that they are not listing the platforms of any of these games?

What if they are all for NX?
/s

Nah, they opened the Osaka studio to make a PS4 game, and their Osaka recruitment page has PS4 in the URL and on the page: https://www.cygames.co.jp/recruit/osaka_ps4/

Datschge

Well considering you watch more staff rolls than virtually anyone on GAF you should be asking yourself ;p
Well, I'd hope there are others who do the same with their favorite developers or something (like Kyoto Report etc.). Really wish Mobygame were more usable than it is. ;(

Are there any known people among those names?

I searched for a few of their names, the most notable seems to be Junji Tago. He was the technical director of Fox Engine. His linkedin notes that he was the director through the entire development of it, and he also developed the core systems and AI.

Datschge

I searched for a few of their names, the most notable seems to be Junji Tago. He was the technical director of Fox Engine. His linkedin notes that he was the director through the entire development of it, and he also developed the core systems and AI.
I appreciate it!
nFqwSTN.png

Aizo

Banned
I run into a girl at the laundromat sometimes that works for Cygames. I should ask her about this. Must be why she said August was really busy for their company.

duckroll

Are there any known people among those names?

Koichi Watanabe was the director of 3D Dot Heroes at Silicon Studios before Cygames was founded. He's currently the president of Cygames so I guess he's producing and/or directing this.

Ryosuke Aiba is an ex-Square-Enix artist who worked with Yoshida. Like Yoshida, he has also joined CyDesignation. With Minaba workiing on Granblue and Yoshida working on Lost Order, Aiba is probably the character designer for this game.

Datschge

Koichi Watanabe was the director of 3D Dot Heroes at Silicon Studios before Cygames was founded. He's currently the president of Cygames so I guess he's producing and/or directing this.

Ryosuke Aiba is an ex-Square-Enix artist who worked with Yoshida. Like Yoshida, he has also joined CyDesignation. With Minaba workiing on Granblue and Yoshida working on Lost Order, Aiba is probably the character designer for this game.
Appreciate this as well!
nFqwSTN.png

cheesekao

Console refers to not mobile. PC in Japan doesn't refer to PC but browser or mobage. While console refers to PC/Console.
Considering how this game is for the most part aimed at the Japanese audience, I have very little doubt that the PS4 version is the lead platform. It might get a PC port if it somehow makes it to the west but I'm not expecting it to be that much more "high-end" beyond the usual PC bells and whistles.

If it's for PS4, why not say it's for PS4?

Sees odd to not mention the console -- unless they can't, because said console hasn't been formally announced yet...

Top Bottom