• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 - Avanti Savoia and Nothing is Written campaign teasers

novenD

I might be getting myself a little too excited for this, given DICE's SP track record, but it looks so good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Keasar

Still quite disappointed that it turned out "Storm of Steel" was just a name they pulled for the sake of it and not because of its relation to a German soldier's memoirs of the trench warfare.

Has any website actually asked DICE why the apparent omission of a playable Central Powers character? All websites when looking around just gushes over the graphics in the trailers, not that every single clip so far have been only from the Allied Entente forces. Now it feels like the Germans are just generic bad guys again.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Still quite disappointed that it turned out "Storm of Steel" was just a name they pulled for the sake of it and not because of its relation to a German soldier's memoirs of the trench warfare.

Has any website actually asked DICE why the apparent omission of a playable Central Powers character? All websites when looking around just gushes over the graphics in the trailers, not that every single clip so far have been only from the Allied Entente forces. Now it feels like the Germans are just generic bad guys again.

There are a bunch of strange choices. No french for the multiplayer (you know, the french? They kinda played a minor role in WW1?). I'd love to see a German story though I feel like a lot of people don't realise that WW1 Germany =/= WW2 Germany so I guess they were worried that a bunch of dumb kids would complain cause they had to play as a Nazi. Remember that EA was worried that their customers wouldn't know what World War I was.

Keasar

There are a bunch of strange choices. No french for the multiplayer (you know, the french? They kinda played a minor role in WW1?). I'd love to see a German story though I feel like a lot of people don't realise that WW1 Germany =/= WW2 Germany so I guess they were worried that a bunch of dumb kids would complain cause they had to play as a Nazi. Remember that EA was worried that their customers wouldn't know what World War I was.

Not to mention they focus tested the fuck out of Overstrike, ending up with Fuse and that went so bloody well.

Yeah I shouldn't expect much out of EA.

It's probably precisely for the reason you just said. Thanks to WW2 there is a very strong undercurrent of "Germans were the bad guys of the 20th century" in pop culture that tends to seep into WW1 narrative as well, even though it has no bearing in reality.

Have they even shown a playable French character, either? We've seen British, Italian, Arabian, and an American fighting for the French forces but no actual French character. Or a Russian, for that matter. I think they game looks great but historically speaking it's all over the place in what its focusing on.

tmespe

The concept for this campaign seems a lot better than what they've produced before. Gives them freedom to explore a variety of settings from the war, and tell compartmentalized stories, without being limited to following a single character that needs to survive.

Lime

I wonder how big this will be or if it will just be an introduction to the multiplayer with MP maps and individual classes

noface

As a German I am with you. And I like shooting nazis. :D

Top Bottom