• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Go - October update to disable certain PSP functionality

Vashetti

Banned
t7SYqI0.png

More info:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...16-CE-OTH-APS&emcid=PSPMG-B-200916-CE-OTH-APS

oldmario

i didn't know you could still access the store with mediago, last time i tried to i couldn't find it at all and just used my ps3 to download psp games

Mohasus

Thanks for the warning.

I bought some PS1 games a long time ago during a sale and never bothered downloading them to my PSP-E1000, it is now or never.

Oh fuck, I just bought an E1000 off of Ebay. I think it should arrive before the 24th. If I ever have to re-download my stuff in the future I guess it will have to be through more nefarious methods.

MooMilk2929

Well, I'm glad I didn't get a E-1000, if they sell those in america. I got a 3000. First time getting one and the screen is bright and clear. Still got a PS3 to dl stuff.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Wait, what does this mean for the average PSP and PSP go user? I read the image a dozen times and I'm still having difficulty understanding it.

Was just about to post a thread on this. Before you were able to use MediaGo to renew the certificate of your PSP or change its account in order to verify downloadable content, this functionality is being removed, which means you'll no longer be able to do this.

I'm glad I didn't buy an E1000 when I was shopping for a more modern PSP a few months ago, but I was still using MediaGo to download new games on to my 3000...

Gaardus

Wait, what does this mean for the average PSP and PSP go user? I read the image a dozen times and I'm still having difficulty understanding it.

Starting October 24th, you'll no longer be able to use Media Go to download PSN games. You'll have to use the PSP's slow built-in WiFi or a PS3. The PSP E1000 (aka PSP Street) doesn't have WiFi, so it's PS3 or nothing for people who own one of those.

Moofers

Damn I didn't even know the E1000 was a thing. I only have a PSP Go. Sounds like this is no biggie for me. I actually still prefer Media Go over iTunes for my music management. My PSP Go is my MP3 player for runs/gym, etc. I'll be sad when its finally out of commission.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Trying to block vita piracy, I guess.

What? I'm not seeing the relation... Media Go is used for nothing during the initial HENkaku setup, nor the dumping or installing of unencrypted games.

Besides, does this even handle Vita games? Only PSP games, as far as I know, and those have nothing to do with Vita piracy...

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
you cant use media go anymore to download stuff

Starting October 24th, you'll no longer be able to use Media Go to download PSN games. You'll have to use the PSP's slow built-in WiFi or a PS3. The PSP E1000 (aka PSP Street) doesn't have WiFi, so it's PS3 or nothing for people who own one of those.

Ah, so this means nothing to me as I couldn't use Media Go anyway, being a Mac user.

DPB

That's annoying, there are still a few games I was thinking about buying and it's now or never. I have an E1000 and a 3000 with a damaged screen, but I've never been able to get the WiFi to work with my router even after spending a great deal of time messing with settings.

MooMilk2929

That's annoying, there are still a few games I was thinking about buying and it's now or never. I have an E1000 and a 3000 with a damaged screen, but I've never been able to get the WiFi to work with my router even after spending a great deal of time messing with settings.

You have to disable the password on your wifi. Then it'll work. I had to do that to update my psp too.

That's why I grabbed all of my shit a couple months ago. Always knew they would pull it at some point.

The problem is, I may end up not buying something cool in time to get it running on PPSSPP. Unless I swallow that pill and buy that PSP for decryption or something, that would also allow buying some UMD-only games I guess... but I don't know if I want any, eh.

Agent X

How would you connect using Wi-Fi? I thought they discontinued PlayStation Store functionality worldwide as of several months ago.

How would you connect using Wi-Fi? I thought they discontinued PlayStation Store functionality worldwide as of several months ago.

Someone with a PSP should explain what exactly works now, but the way people tend to phrase it suggests you can't pay for things on PSP anymore, but you can download them. Whether it involves PS Store website, a separate downloader program or a stripped down version of the store, I don't know.

Someone with a PSP should explain what exactly works now, but the way people tend to phrase it suggests you can't pay for things on PSP anymore, but you can download them. Whether it involves PS Store website, a separate downloader program or a stripped down version of the store, I don't know.

Wait, so am I understanding this correctly? That I could buy PSP-compatible games from the PSN store website on a computer or phone, and later use the PSP's wi-fi to download what I bought? And lacking a PS3, that's going to be the only way that you can buy and use PSP digital purchases now?

Fusebox

Banned
This would be pretty annoying news i the system hadn't already been blown wide open. I own most of the games I want to play on UMD so playing them via CFW instead doesn't feel wrong.

Wait, so am I understanding this correctly? That I could buy PSP-compatible games from the PSN store website on a computer or phone, and later use the PSP's wi-fi to download what I bought? And lacking a PS3, that's going to be the only way that you can buy and use PSP digital purchases now?

Basically yes, though I have no idea if you must trigger downloading things through the website (which based on my PS3 experiences didn't work too well) or is there a method of doing it directly on PSP. And, well, some PSP stuff can be run on Vita, so officially there's that.

bomblord1

Banned
Oh shit how do you do this

I have a large digital psp library

Media Go App

Sign into PSN with it

Find the downloadable games.

Download them for transfer

Find the file location

Finally google "PSN Package Decryptor" to extract the iso from the package

Top Bottom