• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and on a related note, this thread's title will be very dated in a few years.

Here's your thread title context.

OT13's Wall of Shame
Wi5wuQE.png

PoliGAF Thread Archive
PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country
PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic
PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting
PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll Reply to Thread
PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!
PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour
PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts
PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam
PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN
PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida
PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated
PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Jeb is a mistake. Jeb is a huge mess

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops RIP
PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print
PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World/You are already Kay Hagan
PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout
PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1
PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PoliGaf 2012 |OT6| OBAMA
United States Election: Nov 6, 2012 |OT| - Barack Obama Re-elected
PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi
PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.
PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control
US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

PoliGAF 2011: Forum member gridlock causes inaction on thread title naming crisis
PoliGAF 2011: The 112th U.S. Congress is now in session: Want some graphs with that?

Poligaf episode 2010: The Empire Strikes Back
PoliGAF 2010: On our way to November 2
PoliGAF 2010: Home Of "By The Time I Get To Arizona"

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List
PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way

This was 2 minutes from being the OT13 title

Is there some nice all-up summary of how Early Voting is going? I get from reading that:

- NC looks pretty good, but is still somewhat murky because of the limited sites. That cleared up today and we should have a good handle on things by the start of next week in terms of just how much voting will happen early and how close all three races will wind up.
- NV is ahead and stable, looks and feels like 2012 , which was good for Barry and should be good enough for the Senate seat.
- IA is behind a bit but not disastrously so, and looks like the squeaker race we thought it would be.
- OH is down over 2012 and is worrying. It was close in 2012 and there's not much room to give vs. that close race.
- FL seems to be treading water-decent early turnout, but not getting past the number of heavily Republican mail-in ballots.
- TX and GA seem real strong. Are there quantifiable targets for Early Voting that make the race's outcome in question? If so, how close are the Dems to those targets?
- VA sounded like it was down?

Hopefully we can get some comments from members in these states. It's hard to have a quantifiable "X state is running above or behind Y value needed to reach Z outcome." type analysis, which would be super useful.

Duckworth attracts the most over the top bigotry possible with her being an Asian American woman born outside of the United States and being a disabled war veteran.

Joeytj

Banned
Is there some nice all-up summary of how Early Voting is going? I get from reading that:

- NC looks pretty good, but is still somewhat murky because of the limited sites. That cleared up today and we should have a good handle on things by the start of next week in terms of just how much voting will happen early and how close all three races will wind up.
- NV is ahead and stable, looks and feels like 2012 , which was good for Barry and should be good enough for the Senate seat.
- IA is behind a bit but not disastrously so, and looks like the squeaker race we thought it would be.
- OH is down over 2012 and is worrying. It was close in 2012 and there's not much room to give vs. that close race.
- FL seems to be treading water-decent early turnout, but not getting past the number of heavily Republican mail-in ballots.
- TX and GA seem real strong. Are there quantifiable targets for Early Voting that make the race's outcome in question? If so, how close are the Dems to those targets?
- VA sounded like it was down?

Hopefully we can get some comments from members in these states. It's hard to have a quantifiable "X state is running above or behind Y value needed to reach Z outcome." type analysis, which would be super useful.

About right except for FL, which is actually giving great news for Dems. Republicans usually dominate early voting there, but not this year, and everything is pointing to a surge in Latino voters for Hillary.

VA is also going well, and shouldn't be a problem for Hillary. There was some talk about lower turnout amongst AA, but that was put into question and it doesn't seem to be the case.

gaugebozo

So how many of those 2016 threads could be populated with just Pokeman posts?

And how many of the others would I even read?

Brewmont

Banned
I assume this oppo you speak of is referring to that tweet saying that something big was coming later this week?

Also, I ventured over to the_donald, and they seem to be making a big fuss about a reported multiple Florida democratic ballots being received, and republicans getting none...is there anything to this? I've no idea what to think about most things they post from their "sources".

mo60

I assume this oppo you speak of is referring to that tweet saying that something big was coming later this week?

Also, I ventured over to the_donald, and they seem to be making a big fuss about a reported multiple Florida democratic ballots being received, and republicans getting none...is there anything to this? I've no idea what to think about most things they post from their "sources".

No. There is nothing to that story.Ballots are probably being given out slowly for republicans because of multiple reasons including hurricane matthew which affected some of the areas florida republicans live in.

2016 continues to be a reminder that yeah, this country isn't great for large groups of people, and that Trump and the GOP want to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom