• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Live-Action Hollywood Confirmed, w/ Lionsgate and Michael Gracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

An adaptation of a medium that only produced ONE awesome movie (speed racer is awesome and I will fight anyone who disagrees) after numerous attempts to be directed by a first time (white hetero man) director with only special effects credentials ?

WHAT COULD GO WRONG ?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't wait to see Channing Tateyum as Naruto and The Rock playing Jiraiya as they square off with Jared Leto as Orochimaru

Seesaw15

Jeff Bridges for Jiraiya

latest

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Didn't Toriyama oversee Dragonball Evolution ?

I feel like we always see some bullshit about the creator "overseeing" or signing off on these projects. At this point it's just code for the check from the studio cleared.

Didn't Toriyama oversee Dragonball Evolution ?

He was officially a "producer" and he did give advice to the film's team. But they disregarded ALL OF IT. After that, Toriyama was so pissed that he resurrected the DB series himself with Battle of Gods, Return of F, and Dragon Ball Super.

SoulUnison

Banned
An adaptation of a medium that only produced ONE awesome movie (speed racer is awesome and I will fight anyone who disagrees) after numerous attempts to be directed by a first time (white hetero man) director with only special effects credentials ?

WHAT COULD GO WRONG ?

What even is this?
Like a live-action Naruto movie would be magically better if it was made by a black, gay woman?
Why the hell even drop this in there except to be hateful and inflammatory?

I'm gay and I can't stand people picking my battles for me and being so damn sensitive and pandering.
What the fuck does race, sexuality or gender have to do with making a movie about magic wizard ninjas?

For anyone with hope the end of Naruto would either really happen, or be graceful, this is a hell of a bad news day. First Boruto, now this.

Kishi must be hoping the movie ends up being so bad it ignites a fire in him to continue the series like what Evolution did for Toriyama.

Nudull

Banned
I'm sure a Hollywood adaptation of a manga/anime series that has long since fallen into mediocrity will only bring good things!

Oh god this could be soooooooo bad. Hopefully they just do it like edge of tomorrow and have it based loosely on the original

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
HOW WILL THEY RUN?

Oh God please let them run like they do in the anime

They could either change the story completely and modernize it, and make it end up like dragonball evolution

Or they could try and cram the entire manga/anime into a 2 hour movie, like avatar: the last airbender

Neither results in a good film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom