• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A wild Nintendo FCC Filing for a "Wireless Gaming Device" appears (Model No. HAC-016)

ekim

https://fccid.io/BKEHAC016

Model number is seemingly HAC-016
untitledyul85.png

Test reports can be found at the link above. I don't have the time to skim through them but I wanted to share the filing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...I swear to God I've read HAC was the technical codename for Switch somewhere.

L~A

HAC is the codename for the Switch, isn't it? So most likely the console itself Wait no, it wouldn't be 016, then.

HAC is the Switch codename (according to some people with access to the dev portal IIRC), so this sounds like it might be for the wireless connectivity of the Joycons or pro controller.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Short-Term Confidentiality
Does short-term confidentiality apply to this application?: Yes
If so, specify the short-term confidentiality release date (MM/DD/YYYY format): 06/18/2017
Note: If no date is supplied, the release date will be set to 45 calendar days past the date of grant.

Whatever it is, Nintendo's not interested in having it revealed until E3.

bomblord1

Banned
Looking at the info

Considering the shape of the device on the location PDF. And the frequencies tested.

This has to be exclusively for the joycons unless the switch itself doesn't have Wifi.

captureb6umz.png

13.56000000-13.5600000 is the frequency for RFID chips so Amiibo confirmed
2402.00000000-2480.00000000 This is bluetooth range I believe.

So amiibo confirmed and joycons work over bluetooth

ekim

Looking at the info

Considering the shape of the device location PDF. And the frequencies tested.

This has to be exclusively for the joycons

captureb6umz.png

13.56000000-13.5600000 is the frequency for RFID chips so Amiibo confirmed
2402.00000000-2480.00000000 This is bluetooth range I believe.

So amiibo confirmed and joycons work over bluetooth

Hah. Nice find. Didn't take notice about this.

Top Bottom