• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post gaming-related artwork you've created [56k = massive damage]

The point is to post only things YOU have made, personally -- not other people's images.

Any and all ORIGINAL traditional/digital work is worthy of posting, whether it be a full-fledged piece, doodle or sketch.

*** Please, do NOT quote multiple images when responding to a post ***

Please optimize where applicable, and keep in mind that not everyone has a 40" monitor.

Here's a couple I did for N-Sider a while back:

verbssteertr9.jpg

verbsdrawkg7.jpg

Gadeus

Wow, that's a really good design. Before I even read the post's text, I immediately thought "colossus."

I sculpted countless Mario characters/enemies out of modeling clay a few years ago. I can't take pics though due to my crappy camera.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
HAL_Laboratory said:
Well, maybe I should say wallpaper you made from someone else's artwork doesn't count -- only because this thread will be flooded with variations of unoriginal art.

No offense.

:(

Thats cool. I can understand. Reminds me, I think I might have something truly original somewhere on my HD.

Oldschoolgamer said:
:(

Thats cool. I can understand. Reminds me, I think I might have something truly original somewhere on my HD.

Coolness.

In the meantime, would you mind editing your wallpaper post? I know I sound like a total dick, but I just want to keep this thread somewhat clean :) .

Tain

uhhhh

I made this and some animations along with it while learning 3ds max basics:
scene_small.jpg

and a lil vic viper too

viper2.jpg

My avatar is also something I made based on a keychain that a character has in Star Ocean 3. Never actually played the game, though. It's been ages, I should probably change my avatar.

Jonk

I made it by hand in ink then vectorized in Illustrator.

Here is another work of mine. It's part of my "Game-Fu" art series.

gamefuprint.jpg

Jonk said:
Here is another work of mine. It's part of my "Game-Fu" art series.

Holy shit, man... your stuff is awesome. Do you create any of this work professionally, or is it just a hobby?

edit: what do you mean vectorize in Illustrator? Do you scan it and then pen-tool over it or something?

Prax

^ Jonk, those vector images are awesome!

I am anticipating for this to be an awesome thread. Please make it so (I LOVE looking at artwork)! I think you might have seen these elsewhereszz in some other thread on the OT board, but here's some random videogame fanart I made. I don't actually do that much fanart, so I figure it'll be okay to splurge a little, as what you see here is practically all that I have XD:

AWESOME. I found my 8-year-0old Starfox 64 fanart! I was in grade 8 at the time... *sigh*
Starfoxcoloured1.jpg

Windwaker! Don't mind the ugly typeface and stuff... so many years ago.. XD
windwaker-c.jpg

I made this when I saw FE: Goddess of Dawn character artwork.
Sothe_by_Meibatsu.jpg

This was before I knew much of anything about Twilight Princess because I was tryingt o avoid spoilers.
Link_and_Zelda_C_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Again, before I got the game and knew what I would find in it. I feel bad that I didn't see that Zelda had a gold pin under her breastline in her official art, so it's not in this sketch. :(
LoZ___Twilight_Princess_by_Meibatsu.jpg

I used to draw lots of Sonic and Mario stuff when I was a lot younger too. Videogames have really influenced a lot of my artistic aspirations. I've always wanted to become some kind of videogame character artist. Such an awesome dream job.. Too bad I don't know Japanese and am not very competent with Photoshop. XD

Jonk

HAL_Laboratory said:
Holy shit, man... your stuff is awesome. Do you create any of this work professionally, or is it just a hobby?

edit: what do you mean vectorize in Illustrator? Do you scan it and then pen-tool over it or something?

I just graduated this past summer and I am presently looking for a job. I mainly do graphic design. My website is below.

Jon Kay Design

As for the imaging, I sketch out an illustration in ink or graphite, scan it, and use Illustrator to vectorize over the illustration.

This is the most impressive thread I've ever seen on GAF...

You're clearly all very talented, but HAL and Jonk - there's some absolutely fantastic imagery there. I'd happily pay proper artist prices for prints of some of those... I'm assuming you're already professional artists/designers...

You both deserve great success there.

El Papa

If posted most of these on GAF before, but since your asking, here we go...

among_the_dead_1027.jpg

link_v_aquamentus.jpg

view_of_hyrule_600.jpg

scary_poe.jpg

megaman2_big.jpg

These some cool stuff in here, I'm particularly feeling the EB one. :)

Top Bottom