• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
31189255353_6a3d309b01_o.png

NeoGAF APRIL 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

HAPPY 10 YEARS NEOGAF! Last November, we celebrated the 10 year anniversary of this thread! Here's to many more!

Dear NeoGAF,

Hope you had a great opening quarter of the year. The first three months gave us a lot to talk about. So many good games and the year isn't even CLOSE to being done!

THREE MONTHS DOWN. NINE MORE TO GO.

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from March 2017. As we go through April 2017, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pick-ups from March 2017! April is my birth month and I'll be traveling to a ton of places (including Japan again), so I'm excited to see how April turns out!!

17438775_315071628908021_2788946183412776960_n.jpg

Picked up the new Street Fighter Akuma POP! along with some of the new TEKKEN ones!

17438377_229082497566726_84885669213634560_n.jpg

I never really liked the original Kingdom Hearts... I picked this up for my daughter but I'm considering giving it another shot with KH3 on the horizon... hmm.

17494590_262762570850584_5749795791443066880_n.jpg

Really enjoying Persona 5 so far. The pacing and overall feel/presentation is super pleasing to my eyes/ears.

17332371_750859531743661_6925147286011904000_n.jpg

Awesome Street Fighter inspired shirt from Light Sleepers out of Hawaii.

17438926_1278218468960496_426196919111385088_n.jpg

Probably my second favorite sneaker of all time, in the classic royal blue colorway.

17266295_1837843369789129_1023588262523961344_n.jpg

Picked up 'I am Setsuna' on the Nintendo Switch for myself and some buddies. The physical copy is multi-language (English, French and Japanese).

17125761_273564829741306_8327809868886966272_n.jpg

Echo Fox boyz.

17126625_269795113458387_6618995149500317696_n.jpg

Took me ten years to find this sneaker and add it to my collection. It was the last sneaker I camped out and waited in line for. After the long journey, it's finally mine!

17126248_1048420751931359_268294207410536448_n.jpg

Motorsport Air Jordan IVs in a clean blue colorway.

17076340_1829113817369642_8759700385624489984_n.jpg

Switch'd it up like lots of other GAF members.

That's all I got for March 2017! Hoping everyone has an amazing April 2017!

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Vol5

Bagged a Sony 55" xd8599 for half price. A local retailer sells A1 Sony checked returns. Nothing wrong with it apart from the box which was damaged. HDR brahs....game changer (my shitty pictures clearly don't do it any justice)

meppi

Very happy with these!

qDGW6JW.jpg

Hanyo (The Housemaid) Korean blu-ray import. Not the crappy remake, but the original 1960 film restored with much care and love. :)

Dead or Alive Trilogy which I never thought we'd see on blu-ray.
The first one still has one of my favourite intros ever. Just a ton of fun.

And Justified on blu-ray which I found rather cheap compared to the stupid prices they ask for locally.

And a new cookbook. :)

2RKzfK8.jpg

March pick-ups.

Hardware: PS4 Slim 500Gb
Picked up a PS4 when they were &#8364;188 over here. Wasn't planned, but couldn't resist at that price.

PSVita games: World of Final Fantasy, A.W.: Phoenix Festa, The Swindle, The Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, LEGO Jurassic World, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Super Robot Wars V, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Dragon Quest Builders, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 Sisters Generation, Xblaze: Lost Memories

PS4 game: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak Special Gigs

Saturn software: Action Replay Plus
Now the wait for my big Japanese Saturn shipment has really begun.

Other stuff: Spirited Away Blu, Laputa: Castle in the Sky Blu, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath playing cards

meppi

March pick-ups.

Other stuff: Spirited Away Blu, Laputa: Castle in the Sky Blu, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath playing cards

xByawJD.jpg

HyDcVK9.jpg

Two gorgeous films, especially Spirited Away!

Do you have Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro already?
Those are probably my favourites. Then again, just about all Ghibli films are fantastic.

Two gorgeous films, especially Spirited Away!

Do you have Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro already?
Those are probably my favourites. Then again, just about all Ghibli films are fantastic.

Yeah, I got all steelbook Ghibli BluRays that Zavvi has released so far.
So that's Spirited Away, Laputa, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, Nausicaä, Ponyo and Princess Mononoke.

meppi

Yeah, I got all steelbook Ghibli BluRays that Zavvi has released so far.
So that's Spirited Away, Laputa, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, Nausicaä, Ponyo and Princess Mononoke.

Ah, very nice!
I don't have the steelbooks, but I do have all the Bluray releases that came out in the UK, except for the ones that were released last year or so.

TacosNSalsa

Got another stick and sold my Obsidian .. This thing is a freaking tank ..it weighs like 12lbs . It is solid and heavy and feels great in your lap..one of the best sticks I've ever used

3sRQwkwl.jpg

nQSKzwZl.jpg

USfAwlyl.jpg

i2AvQNtl.jpg

7AWGxvnl.jpg

GTY5PSsl.jpg

Justinh

What browser are you using?

Yeah, I've had issues for like... a few days now with imgur when trying to upload while using waterfox, my main browser. I've had to upload pictures in a backup browser (Palemoon). edit: It just started working for me in Waterfox again. That's weird...

17126625_269795113458387_6618995149500317696_n.jpg

Took me ten years to find this sneaker and add it to my collection. It was the last sneaker I camped out and waited in line for. After the long journey, it's finally mine!

Congratulations!
I'm not into sneakers or anything, but it must feel damn good on getting something after trying for 10 years. (I really need to start saving money up for Panzer Dragoon Saga...)

I got a red shell/front for my Xbox One Elite controller. What I was looking for was the side panels/grips because my left grip is completely off. I don't grip my controller tightly at all, but it still just slowly started peeling and eventually fell off. In fact, you can see the right side starting to come off in this picture. It's really distracting and it's come to the point where I don't even use it anymore. Hopefully those replacement grip side panels are good quality and get here soon.

It feels really nice, just like the "softness" that the regular shell feels like. There was a white one too, but I got this one instead. I think it looks better with the grey grips. If there are going to be different color aftermarket grips in the future I might get the white one later on. The only issue that might or might not actually be an issue is the top here. It's just a little bit "off" and not flush here. I don't think the original face was flush either, but it wasn't this far out going from memory.

Got another one of these books in yesterday (hope you guys aren't getting sick of seeing them lol). Placed an order for the 3 that I need to have the whole set (not including the 3 I have on the way and hopefully will be here in the next few days), and that kinda feels good since the prices for these have seemed to start creeping up.

Oh yeah, games...
Someone else's LTTP thread on Outrun Coast 2 Coast convinced me to pull the plug on get these. I've never played Outrun 2 before, but I did have fun with the first in arcades like... shit 20-25 years ago? Videos on 2 and C2C made it look like it was a game I'd like, and I am having a lot of fun with them. The thing that made me pull the trigger on go ahead and buy Coast 2 Coast was just that I found it on Amazon for a decent deal with Prime shipping.
I've never played a Yakuza game before so I'm pretty excited on this one. Unfortunately I've been playing Outrun2 all day. Scuttlebutt is that I can start with 0, so good for that. I didn't want to wait for the remaster of 1 coming out soon. I should probably just buy the reprints of 2 or 3 or whatever they were while they're still around (if they're still around).

Picked up these movies on Blu-ray at Best Buy.
Someone else's LTTP thread on Outrun Coast 2 Coast convinced me to pull the plug on these. I've never played Outrun 2 before, but I did have fun with the first in arcades like... shit 20-25 years ago? Videos on 2 and C2C made it look like it was a game I'd like, and I am having a lot of fun with them. The thing that made me pull the trigger on Coast 2 Coast was just that I found it on Amazon for a decent deal with Prime shipping.
You've made a wise investment!

Justinh

Picked up these movies on Blu-ray at Best Buy.

You've made a wise investment!

Lol yeah, I think so. "Decent deal" might've been something I said that's debatable though. Coast 2 Coast was just about a hundo, but I don't buy disc games unless they're complete, and the other "complete" listings were for far more money. When it's an order "fulfilled by amazon" I feel safer buying expensive items too because it makes it so easy to return.

I've only had to do that once though, for a bootleg copy of Dead Ringers Criterion disc I got (ironically, I could tell right away that it was a fake).

I'm glad I got them, they're really a lot of fun. I should probably thank OP of that thread for putting them on my radar, lol.

naib

Quick and dirty. Sorry for potato pics.

Been waiting for the pixel 4+ months(drinking project fi koolaid too), didn't know I wanted the sudio earbuds until I tried them, need a new mouse for QC beta next week, fuck it the FC30 is cute.
Happy man.

Bought this last month and finally got proficient at solving it. Never solved one before without taking apart. I was on a mission.
Can pretty much solve in a few minutes now, but using a baby method I'm sure.

Have some weirder ones coming this month. Will post when I get them.

Justinh

Bought this last month and finally got proficient at solving it. Never solved one before without taking apart. I was on a mission.
Can pretty much solve in a few minutes now, but using a baby method I'm sure.

Have some weirder ones coming this month. Will post when I get them.
Just curious... what cube is that? I got into that stuff like a couple years ago and bought a bunch of different kinds of Dayan cubes. I'm not too much a fan of the stickerless ones I think. Got a couple "ghost cubes" that I can't seem to finish too (I lose it at the "top row").

Picked this up this morning while shopping at Walmart. It was their last "MVP" copy. (side note, last two times I've been to Walmart they've had switch consoles in stock, this time with Neon too)

First baseball game I've bought since MVP 05. Don't know when I'll have time to play it, with Yakuza 0 and those Outrun games being recent pick ups too, lol.

Birthday spoils. Was going to use the voucher to buy Persona 5 but it's now sold out on Amazon :/

Happy Birthday!
I didn't know Punch-Drunk Love got a Criterion release. I still haven't gotten around to buying Moonrise Kingdom.

dealer-

Birthday spoils. Was going to use the voucher to buy Persona 5 but it's now sold out on Amazon :/

birthdayslo39.jpg

Happy Birthday!
I didn't know Punch-Drunk Love got a Criterion release. I still haven't gotten around to buying Moonrise Kingdom.

Thanks dude! Yeah it came out late last year I think. Criterion have only been releasing in the UK for around 12 months so the catalogue isn't as big as in the US. Don't think Moonrise has been released here yet. Slowly building a collection though.

flohen95

My stuff for March. Had ordered/bought all of this at the start of the month, but wanted to wait until everything arrives, by which time it was March 31. In this thread it goes, I guess.

from left to right, top to bottom:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1 2 Switch
I am Setsuna
Super Bomberman R
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+
Nintendo Switch Case
Nintendo Switch Grey Console
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit
Exist Archive
Dokuro
Code:Realize

Originally, this month was supposed to be Switch stuff only, but Play-Asia had some cool sales going at the end of February/beginning of March (got SK and Dokuro for 21$, and Code: Realize and Exist Archive were discounted while they had a free shipping promotion going on).

naib

Just curious... what cube is that? I got into that stuff like a couple years ago and bought a bunch of different kinds of Dayan cubes. I'm not too much a fan of the stickerless ones I think. Got a couple "ghost cubes" that I can't seem to finish too (I lose it at the "top row").

"D-FantiX Moyu Aolong V2 3x3 Speed Cube Stickerless Enhanced Version"
I really like it but it's the only one I've played with besides the original Rubik's.

One of the ones I'm worried about is a black ghost cube.
The other is 3x3 but different sizes/shapes of squares? That one I think I might be able to do. I'll post when I get them.

Was my b-day haul too. Happy belated!

Justinh

Impulse bought this today from Amazon, arrived earlier this evening...
I wanted to buy it, but I was thinking maybe next month. Rewatched part 1 earlier and made me want to get 2 right away.
Poor man without 4K tv/player though.

Kinda... weird seeing that it only had 2 discs when my last set had 6.
"D-FantiX Moyu Aolong V2 3x3 Speed Cube Stickerless Enhanced Version"
I really like it but it's the only one I've played with besides the original Rubik's.

One of the ones I'm worried about is a black ghost cube.
The other is 3x3 but different sizes/shapes of squares? That one I think I might be able to do. I'll post when I get them.

Was my b-day haul too. Happy belated!

Oh, I've never heard of that brand, but I've stopped looking at them like... a year and a half ago. I wasn't that much into anyways, I only knew the big brands like Dayan, Fangshi (Funs puzzle or Calvin's whatsit or something)

The next two images will be links, not image tagged because they are not pick ups and things I've had for a long time. They are still pictures I took myself just now though...

Does one of the cubes you're talking about look like this?
Mirror cube
Yeah, it wasn't hard really. I did have to look up one thing though, how to rotate the center piece so they're all aligned correctly. I don't have it memorized though, so I have to look it up everytime I solve it at the end just to make it look nice, lol. I thought it was kinda cool and fun to do though.
Ghost Cubes - Yeah, these are really weird. I had that one close to being solved, but I just couldn't get the last row done. I spent a good while like twice just thinking through it but I was stumped. I need to try again, but it takes me sooo long, lol. I have to use that un-twisted one as a guide just to see where the pieces have to go.

Oh! Happy Birthday to you too!

evilsin

Technically a March pick up because I got it 5 days before the release date. My first proper limited edition purchase, YAY!
XTpAzet.jpg

LQvucKV.jpg

Art book only took a few days to get here. Gotta love Amazon.jp. Just need the Kat figma to come out and maybe I'll be done buying Gravity Rush stuff.

LUSOgK5.jpg

Been trying to get a pair of Yeezys for YEARS. Had them in my cart a few times only for websites to crash or other issues. Friend of mine let me buy his never worn pair for retail price. Best birthday gift I could imagine.

0EwePv1.jpg

Old Faithful went out on me (power surge) so I traded my launch day Xbox one (they didn't even check it). New Xbox One S.

grego9198

Had Persona 5 on preorder for PS3 back when Best Buy had their E3 promo before PS4 came out. Ended up cancelling that and ordering the LE version from Amazon. I played P4G right after I came back from a trip to Japan and loved it. Really looking forward to P5.

The Lego City switch I picked up for under $30CDN from an amazon price error.

cEMdMpN.jpg

HCK6Zin.jpg

6He1Ipa.jpg

Marceles

Persona 5 Take Your Heart Premium Edition

hAXm34Il.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 and the Jordan IV Motorsport

AxB6PyKl.jpg

Nier Automata and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

ABXfYeml.jpg

SanDisk 200gb microSD card for my Switch

fXsft1nl.jpg

Chastten

Banned
Haven't posted in a while. Quite happy with my new haul :)

Some older games to complete my collections and Zelda. Finished them all already, except for Dragon Quest. Was a bit more oldschool as I thought, so I need to get in the mood to finish that.

Two more figures in the Couture de Force/Disney Showcase Collection. Absolutely loving these! Nearly complete now, only two more figures that I want, besides the ones that have yet to come out.

New PC speakers I got as the on/off button on my old ones were dying. Not quite as powerful but it does the job for some simple PC gaming. Hoping to upgrade my PC next month, finally.

Finally upgrading my photography stuff. Convention season is starting and I got a lot of shoots planned so these will give me a lot more options. Now to try em out before putting them to actual use!

Bunch of fake flowers to use for a few upcoming cosplay photoshoots. Costs are getting a bit out of hand but I'm hoping the results are gonna be worth it.

AkumaNiko

Two more figures in the Couture de Force/Disney Showcase Collection. Absolutely loving these! Nearly complete now, only two more figures that I want, besides the ones that have yet to come out.

Great figures, here are the two i bought my wife

s-l1000.jpg

11699915214_259f03d004_b.jpg

Also, picked this up as our disney center piece

disney-parks-olszewski-cinderella-castle-figure-main-street-miniature-new-box_182459365212.jpg

Now with lights on

4599_2F1454450011_2Fimg_3170_large.jpeg

marcincz

Latest gaming purchases:

My cousin gave me MoH, so finally I can check it out:
2dIkoHg.jpg

Borderlands in bargain price and I need PS3 boxes:
sJTKUvT.jpg

Finally, next part of my 2015 GOTY:
7Mc4p6h.jpg

Top Bottom