• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa 3 remake coming westward, new content, RS2 Vita still on the way

Takao

Banned
Producer Masanori Ichikawa Hopes To Bring Something New To Romancing SaGa 3 Remaster

During the interview, series creator Akitoshi Kawazu explained that for Romancing SaGa 2's remaster, they had the mobile phone version (from 2011) so they were able to work off that. However, for Romancing SaGa 3 they're working on it from scratch, so it'll take a little longer.

”Completely reproducing Romancing SaGa 3 is a given, but I'm thinking about adding some kind of new element to it," said Ichikawa. ”And when I hear about Romancing SaGa 3 from Kawazu-san, we're talking new settings, episodes, and all kinds of stuff, so I begin seeing things in a completely different perspective."

He continued, ”For example, when I learn about a ‘character who suffered some kind of tragic fate, yet they continue fighting to save the world' it really makes me want to express that part to all the fans."

Kawazu has also said they plan on doing an English version, but only after RS2 Vita is out:

We will make western version RS3. It will be after the Japanese version. But, at first, RS2 Vita for West. I want your patience, please.
https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu/status/851792210731204613

StereoVsn

What are the chances that SE may release these games on PC I wonder. Vita is dead in the West alongside its software sales. I mean yeah, there are probably couple thousand people who will buy them (including myself), but they really need the PS4/PC ports for Western gaming audience.

All that said, Day 1 for Vita for both 2 & 3.

Takao

Banned
What are the chances that SE may release these games on PC I wonder. Vita is dead in the West alongside its software sales. I mean yeah, there are probably couple thousand people who will buy them (including myself), but they really need the PS4/PC ports for Western gaming audience.

All that said, Day 1 for Vita for both 2 & 3.

The western gaming audience couldn't give less of a shit about these games. If they were going to do a PS4 version, it probably would've been announced alongside the other ones in Japan.

Eusis

Hell yeah.

Still waiting to see what happens with RS2 on Vita, but I'm glad when these get another shot that's actually taken.

MrT-Tar

Fantastic news!

Once this releases in the West, how many of Squaresoft's 16bit classics still don't have official English translations?

- Romancing Saga
- Live a Live
- Rudra no Hihou
- Seiken Densetsu 3 (although hopefully the collection will come westwards)
- Bahamut Lagoon
- Radical Dreamers (can't remember if this has ever been localised or not)

Am I missing any?

jb1234

Fantastic news!

Once this releases in the West, how many of Squaresoft's 16bit classics still don't have official English translations?

- Romancing Saga
- Live a Live
- Rudra no Hihou
- Bahamut Lagoon

Am I missing any?

Treasure Hunter G and Gun Hazard.

duckroll

See? I told everyone to believe. Kawazu is a bit slow, but he is good. Scarlet Grace will come too. We must believe!

Wilsongt

Coming west?

tenor.gif

jb1234

Neither of these is developed by Square.
Sting did Treasure Hunter G.
Omiya did Gun Hazard.

Since they have some employee crossover, I tend to think of them as Square games (especially Gun Hazard, with Uematsu and Mitsuda writing the excellent soundtrack).

RedBoot

I was actually expecting this, to be honest. I think the bigger question is whether it'll be available on anything other than iOS/Android.

Fantastic news!

- Romancing Saga
- Live a Live
- Rudra no Hihou
- Bahamut Lagoon

Am I missing any?

We at least got the PS2 remake of Romancing Saga, even though it's not quite the same thing. SD3's probably the only thing on that list we're likely to see in the future.

aravuus

I already have a PSTV, but maybe it's time to get a Vita soon. Just gotta find one with an older FW, if I'm understanding this homebrew situation right.

kollapse

Neo Member
This is super exciting - so happy to see signs of life for English Vita RS2 as well.

RS3 is one of the best looking SFC games - I don't want them to touch the look at all, but I have faith given how RS2 turned out.

dacuk

Fantastic news!

- Romancing Saga
- Live a Live
- Rudra no Hihou
- Bahamut Lagoon

Am I missing any?

Front Mission - Gun Hazard

mindatlarge

I'm only familiar with this franchise on PlayStation One, owning SaGa Frontier 1 and 2. Sounds like I should be excited though from the reactions in this thread. Always looking for solid JRPGs to play and I like to support them and the Vita.

Top Bottom