• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish Video Game Software Sales - Week 15, 2017

Bruno MB

Cumulative sales data as of week 15, 2017 for the following titles:

New Releases: (Week 11 - 15, 2017)

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits (Nintendo 3DS) - 16,900
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (Nintendo 3DS) - 15,200
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix (PlayStation 4) - 10,800
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PlayStation 4) - 10,050
Persona 5 (PlayStation 4) - 5,000
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC) - 2,900
Mass Effect: Andromeda (Xbox One) - 2,250
Yooka-Laylee (PlayStation 4) - 1,089
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3) - 850
Yooka-Laylee (Xbox One) - 184

Yo-Kai Watch (Nintendo 3DS) - 134,000
Rainbow Six: Siege (All Platforms) - 110,800
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 60,000
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PlayStation 4) - 15,600

Source: Hobby Consolas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumulative sales data as of week 10, 2017 for the following titles:

New Releases:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 46,000
Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4) - 38,800
For Honor (All Formats) - 18,700
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PlayStation 4) - 17,800
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 13,800
1-2 Switch (Switch) - 9,300
NieR Automata (PlayStation 4) - 3,050
Super Bomberman R (Switch) - 2,200
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Xbox One) - 2,000
Just Dance 2017 (Switch) - 1,600
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) - 695
Skylanders Imaginators (Switch) - 525

Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4) - 450,000
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - 17,100

Cumulative sales data as of week 06, 2017 for the following titles:

New Releases:

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PlayStation 4) - 27,100
Nioh (PlayStation 4) - 6,200
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 2,300
Gravity Rush 2 (PlayStation 4) - 1,650
Yakuza 0 (PlayStation 4) - 1,250
Tales of Berseria (PlayStation 4) - 1,200

FIFA 17 (All Formats) - 639,000
Just Dance 2017 (Wii) - 88,000
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (All Formats) - 64,700
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 60,700
Super Mario Maker 3DS (Nintendo 3DS) - 60,200
Just Dance 2017 (Wii U) - 21,000
DiRT Rally (All Formats) - 20,100
Just Dance 2017 (PlayStation 4) - 15,700
WRC 6 (All Formats) - 13,300
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (All Formats) - 12,950
Just Dance 2017 (Xbox One) - 1,300

Soph

Cumulative, how does it work

Seriously though, these charts tell me nothing. Does not putting Horizon Zero Dawn in week 15 mean that it didn't sell significant enough numbers in 5 weeks to be part of the named titles? Just some random data?

KHlover

Banned
Was about to be shook by Yokai Watch sales until I saw those were cumulative. Still really good, but not "YOKAI WATCH SOLD HOW MANY COPIES THAT WEEK ?!" good.

Slap a cartoon into something here or make a comercial of it non stop and ir will sell lile hotcakes.
Zelda had a commercial but I never saw it in any major channels at good hours, only on kids channels, only in the kids channel. Even then its going good.

They seem to have changed with Mario Kart 8, ive been seeing the commercial every day on the tv during big audience peaks in major channels.
Its going to sell, a lot

Also cumulative but horizon seems to dissapear in the last week even if it has sold more clearly than some titles there.
Doesnt make any sense, but if the source is hobby consolas it doesnt surprise me.

Bruno MB

Cumulative, how does it work

The amount of units these game have sold since their release up to week 15, 2017 (April 16, 2017)

Hobby Consolas includes in the sales section the notable releases of the month. But also for a better context they can include data from past entries in a franchise, or any random game it is selling well.

bombshell

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PlayStation 4) - 17,800
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Xbox One) - 2,000
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PlayStation 4) - 27,100
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 2,300

Those splits, hot damn. Why are they much bigger than something like ME Andromeda?

Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4) - 38,800
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) - 695

The difference here is also slightly amusing.

Striek

I guess the one interesting thing is the difference between BOTW in five weeks. ~30% of the first two weeks. I guess this correlates with supply? Is the Switch sold out at retail in Spain?

Oh and ME:A pretty much bombed, as it did elsewhere. Ouch.

Those splits, hot damn. Why are they much bigger than something like ME Andromeda?

Nobody likes xbox one here.
I only know a friend that has it and that was because he buys EVERYTHING.

I guess the one interesting thing is the difference between BOTW in five weeks. ~30% of the first two weeks. I guess this correlates with supply? Is the Switch sold out at retail in Spain?

Oh and ME:A pretty much bombed, as it did elsewhere. Ouch.

No, you can find it easily depending of where you go.
Probably going to change today after mario karts release though

Soph

The amount of units these game have sold since their release up to week 15, 2017 (April 16, 2017)

Hobby Consolas includes in the sales section the notable releases of the month. But also for a better context they can include data from past entries in a franchise, or any random game it is selling well.

So why is The Legend of Zelda still charting as a notable release in week 15?

Right, or any random game that is selling well. So if it didn't chart it ain't doing so hot? Poor Horizon.

Bruno MB

Also cumulative but horizon seems to dissapear in the last week even if it has sold more clearly than some titles there.
Doesnt make any sense, but if the source is hobby consolas it doesnt surprise me.

This is legit data, that is why I posted it here.

Also, read my previous post. Horizon Zero Dawn is not here because it wasn't released this month. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild cumulative data is from another sales section where they publish the 10 best selling games of March (the same chart you can find at AEVI site), and they only disclosed the updated sales data of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

So why is The Legend of Zelda still charting as a notable release in week 15?

Right, or any random game that is selling well. So if it didn't chart it ain't doing so hot? Poor Horizon.

It is not a chart.

correojon

I just noticed that Bomberman had a similar debut to Mass Effect on XBO.
What's going on with that console in Spain? It's a good system.

Unfortunately here most people care only about FIFA and COD (but mostly FIFA). A coworker heard me and another coleague talk about Switch and got really interested in the system, even looked up more information on Google himself and seemed to be getting hyped for moments...then he asked "can I play FIFA in this?". And immediately lost all interest...

Unfortunately here most people care only about FIFA and COD (but mostly FIFA). A coworker heard me and another coleague talk about Switch and got really interested in the system, even looked up more information on Google himself and seemed to be getting hyped for moments...then he asked "can I play FIFA in this?". And immediately lost all interest...
Well technically this fall he can.

eFKac

That's pretty bad for Nier Automata in Spain, we are just one store here in Poland, and we've sold well over 300 copies of it (although regular and limited combined)

correojon

Well technically this fall he can.

I told him that the console is new and seems to be selling well, so it was likely that it´ll eventually be released for it. It didn´t matter, what would he play until then? He knew Zelda, but had now idea about BotW. MK8D did make him reconsider it for a second though.

Impulsor

No, you can find it easily depending of where you go.
Probably going to change today after mario karts release though

Where do you live? I imagine that here in Madrid it would be easier to find one in El Corte Inglés, Alcampo, Carrefour and the such. Because Mediamarkt and GAME are completely sold out.

Online you can't get it either.

In my hometown I'm sure there are still some remaining. Smaller cities don't usually have as much stock problems I think.

For sure with Mario Kart 8 releasing today a lot of the remaining units are going to fly off the shelves.

RalchAC

It's sad to see Persona 5, being only in English, selling better than Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Tales of Berseria.

But I'm part of the problem, I guess.

I'll totally buy them once I get a PS4 next month though.

Top Bottom