• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle hits 2.7M downloads, Yoko Taro to write the new storyline

Rymuth

Sakaguchi-san announced that Terra Battle will get a new world and questline by an exceptional team. NieR: Automata Director Yoko Taro will do the writing , the game's composer Keiichi Okabe will create the soundtrack , and The Last Story Character Designer Kimihiko Fujisaka will handle the character design.

If the names of those three developers together sound familiar, it's because this isn't the first time they work as a team. Yoko-san and Fujisaka-san have been working together on Drakengard and Drakengard 2 for PS2, and have been joined by Okabe-san on Drakengard 3.

Interestingly, the new story will be linked to Yoko Taro's own world, which includes both the Drakengard and the NieR series.

TerraBattle2.jpg

- Dualshockers

chrono01

More Yoko Taro is always great to see, but Terra Battle doesn't really interest me.

Just give me a global version of SINoALICE, damn it! :(

Xenoflare

Time to replay then.

Still can't get over the fact that an Octa lookalike was in the game all the way back during it's announcement

Jesus christ

The Gooch seriously needs to bring this fucking game to consoles.
There's 0 reason for this game to exist on a console. If you want to play it just download it. If you're not playing it cause of some grudge against mobile gaming, a console port isn't going to change the game in any significant way, it's still going to be a mobile game.

kenji

THE FUCK SAKAGUCHI LET ME DOWNLOAD YOUR GAME IN MY COUNTRY

Seriously, was there a reason why that game didn't launch in some countries?

TB was like the only mobile game I ever wanted to play

Rymuth

There's 0 reason for this game to exist on a console. If you want to play it just download it. If you're not playing it cause of some grudge against mobile gaming, a console port isn't going to change the game in any significant way, it's still going to be a mobile game.
They're not exactly wrong in their wish, tho, since the Gooch has been promising a console version of Terra Battle for a while now.

I'm pretty sure once the game hit 2M downloads, it would come to consoles. I would personally rather play it on consoles than my phone since the option supposedly exists to play it on consoles.

I'm pretty sure once the game hit 2M downloads, it would come to consoles. I would personally rather play it on consoles than my phone since the option supposedly exists to play it on consoles.
I don't think they promised a complete port.
It's supposed to be a completely different game set in the same universe.

BTW, you can play Terra Battle on PC using AndApp.
It's a JP installer thing (like STEAM), but once you enter game you can set language to English.

kenji

I don't think they promised a complete port.
It's supposed to be a completely different game set in the same universe.

BTW, you can play Terra Battle on PC using AndApp.
It's a JP installer thing (like STEAM), but once you enter game you can set language to English.

does it update the game when they release them?

Top Bottom