• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The European Binding of Isaac Switch cartridge is glitched, can't update the game

shiyrley

Banned
Nicalis strikes again.

I already posted this video in another thread, but here I go again. Excuse my terrible English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PimZ7KhtASU
As you can see, the phyisical EU version doesn't allow to:
  • Claim MyNintendo points ("Wrong region") (Did they forget to change the region from USA to EUR...?)
  • Enter the eShop game page from the game settings (Is it trying to take me to the American eShop...?)
  • Update the game (If it can't find the game on the eShop servers, no wonder we can't)
And yes, I am living in Europe, with an European account. I live in Spain and the game is purchased in Spain, it even has the box in perfect Spanish. This happens to everyone in Europe. The digital EU version, however, works fine, included the update, so the update is indeed released in Europe.

HeadupGames has said they are working on it, who knows who is at fault here. But with Nicalis history regarding Europe... yeah, I suspect them. I also suspect fixing this will require a Switch firmware update while Nintendo facepalms during the whole process.

EDIT: False alarm apparently?
mdyb4AQ.png

Jofamo

That's really strange! I'm in the UK, with an imported USA copy, and I've had no problems updating the game, so I don't think it's a simple case of the game looking for the USA servers (as Switch is region free, so it shouldn't have any trouble finding updates).

Withnail

The points thing should have been picked up by Nintendo.

I’m not sure the missing update is related. More likely the patch for the EU version hasn’t been approved and possibly hasn’t even been submitted to NOE yet.

shiyrley

Banned
The points thing should have been picked up by Nintendo.

I’m not sure the missing update is related. More likely the patch for the EU version hasn’t been approved and possibly hasn’t even been submitted to NOE yet.
sigh

The patch is released in Europe, I said in the thread that the digital version works fine. You can update the digital EU version

Phew, it looks like I dodged a bullet here.

Sorry for the trouble OP, I also live in Spain and I'd be very pissed off if that happened to me.

Nicalis strikes back, again.

JustJavi

I was thinking about picking this up in New Zealand, but since we get the EU version of games, I'm gonna give it a pass for now. By the way OP, I'm spanish too.

LAA

Thank god I got it from the US store, though I really quite...grumble about giving Nicalis money really, but I wanted Binding of Isaac portable again.
I don't feel they're very competent, they seem to take a long time especially the localise stuff to another region, mainly US-EU, and they've essentially abandoned their games still being supported on some platforms, like Binding of Isaac on Vita/Wii U.

So while I almost...expect this to happen from Nicalis, definitely something Nintendo should have found first.

shiyrley

Banned
Thank god I got it from the US store, though I really quite...grumble about giving Nicalis money really, but I wanted Binding of Isaac portable again.
I don't feel they're very competent, they seem to take a long time especially the localise stuff to another region, mainly US-EU, and they've essentially abandoned their games still being supported on some platforms, like Binding of Isaac on Vita/Wii U.

So while I almost...expect this to happen from Nicalis, definitely something Nintendo should have found first.
tbh it's almost better that Nintendo didn't find it

Remember when Cave Story DSi failed EU cert once? They just said fuck it and never released the game

@MUWANdo

Banned
tbh it's almost better that Nintendo didn't find it

Remember when Cave Story DSi failed EU cert once? They just said fuck it and never released the game

Dude, remember when they cancelled La Mulana WiiWare (via Twitter, without telling the devs beforehand) because they couldn't get it through cert after almost a year of delays, then some random European publisher picked it up and released it within a couple months of signing the deal?

ggx2ac

Dude, remember when they cancelled La Mulana WiiWare (via Twitter, without telling the devs beforehand) because they couldn't get it through cert after almost a year of delays, then some random European publisher picked it up and released it within a couple months of signing the deal?

I can't believe Nicalis still manages to find work.

Two different SKUs makes sense because publishing rights changed for the boxed release. But it's still a shame. Means twice as much work spread across two teams who might not deliver updates simultaneously.

-shadow-

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GODDAMN YOU NICALIS!

Two different SKUs makes sense because publishing rights changed for the boxed release. But it's still a shame. Means twice as much work spread across two teams who might not deliver updates simultaneously.

Edit: Well this explains it. But this still blows...

JaynePea

Okay, the game needing a different publisher for physical I can kinda get, but how the fuck do you not make some kind of deal to keep them under the same SKU? What a nightmare.

Forty pounds, y'all.

Top Bottom