• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 announces LBX Armored Girls (PC/mobile), drops pretense of dignity

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're making it in collaboration with DMM Games.

You will remember LBX best as a children's game about building robots targeted at 6-11 year olds.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgQ17BXmMiw

There's a lot more at the link.

Gematsu said:
DMM Games and Level-5 have announced Soukou Musume (Armored Girls), a new simulation RPG based on Level-5’s Little Battlers eXperience license planned for release across PC browser this winter in Japan, followed by iOS and Android in spring 2018.

The game features “countless beautiful girls” wearing the parts of Little Battler eXperience (LBX) robots. While mainly centered around five girls, a total of 60 characters are planned to apppear. Additionally, there is an armor destruction system in which girls’ LBX parts will be destroyed when attacked, exposing their skin.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dmm-game...ls-pc-browser-ios-android#b8Q93G3efqPkporU.99

armored-girls-ann_09-jxz88.jpg

armored-girls-ann_09-xyxwo.jpg

Edit:

Since some people are asking, yes, these children get very young.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
They've tried being the classiest JP publisher around for over a decade and consumers failed them.

Good on you, Hino. Dry those suckers' wallets.

I was cool with the mecha musume, but then I saw the damaged version and I'm just like "Man, fuck KanColle for starting this trend."

Rymuth

The following was 100% my reaction

*enters thread*
"This doesnt look bad...what's Nirolak talking about--"
*swipe down to 2nd pic*
"Oh......"

WarRock

Damn, in 6 years LBX has gone the full 20-30 year cycle of other franchises.

I would expect the gameplay to be better than Busou Shinki but, eh. I'm not touching this, Level-5.

L Thammy

Wasn't the Level-5 formula to release a series, have it become really popular, then run it into the ground? Maybe this was always the next stage of the process and we just didn't know it yet.

Create series -> Kill series -> Necrophilia

Level-5 has no discipline. Ever since they started publishing and funding their own games they've demonstrated a lack of brand awareness and quality control.

dawgparty

Man, I am so fucking tired of this stuff. Sexy female characters is one thing, ostensibly fifteen-year old girls losing clothing while they're getting their asses kicked is something else entirely.

L Thammy

To be honest though, the thing that bugs me most is that all of these armours look like cheap Monster Hunter ripoffs. I couldn't pick these waifus out of a lineup.

Steel

Banned
*Watches youtube link*

Well, this is sorta generic anime-looking stuff. I don't see what the big deal is-

*scrolls down*

Oh.

Philippo

I admit that i legit laughed at the sequence of the two pics with the change of face lol

Didn't something similar happen with Medabots too?

Top Bottom