• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell GAF, I thought Aunt May was Carnage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akia

...in Spidey 3.

I was waiting for it all the way to the credits and actually looking forward to it. I feel like I got robbed.

How could anyone believe that shit.

But then again...

How could anyone believe they'd see Tobey dancing like a complete and utter fag in Spider-Man 3...

Oh wait...That's about right.

Suerte

ToyMachine228 said:

But then again...

How could anyone believe they'd see Tobey dancing like a complete and utter fag in Spider-Man 3...

Bannedededed

Eric P

i am so happy this movie turned out to be horrible

you fans wanted your venom so bad

well you got him, good job.

Mojovonio

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:

But then again...

oh boy

ToyMachine228 said:

But then again...

You're not allowed to say that word and having three people quote you isn't helping much, either.

impirius

Maybe he meant:

dancing_cigarettes.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
ToyMachine228 said:

But then again...

ejectedOri.jpg

Akia

BocoDragon said:
Wow... owned by a meme.

I actually thought it could've happened. With the way the plot and characters were interacting and everything. The movie wasn't so bad once you stop taking it as a serious Spider-Man movie.

Odrion

Banned
I had explosive diarrhea during Spiderman 3, I only got to watch half the movie. I ended up missing emo spiderman and winking Harry and all that crazy bullshit. I saw Spiderman kick the Sandman's ass, and then got to watch Spiderman kick Vemon's ass.

Best explosive diarrhea ever.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Akia said:
Harry stole the show with that wink of his.

To be fair, the line that preceded it was also by far the best in the movie, and perhaps the best in the trilogy!

Reese-015

I thought there was going to be a giant robot at the end of Superman Returns because of GAF.

It kinda ruined stuff slightly.

It was weird.

Blader

Akia said:
I actually thought it could've happened. With the way the plot and characters were interacting and everything. The movie wasn't so bad once you stop taking it as a serious Spider-Man movie.

:lol

I don't think I'll ever understand the hate for this movie. It just doesn't make sense, unless you didn't like the other two movies either.

Zeed

Banned
Blader5489 said:
:lol

I don't think I'll ever understand the hate for this movie. It just doesn't make sense, unless you didn't like the other two movies either.
The other two movies had focus, and attempted to ground their shit in reality. Yes, all comic book movies sound absurd if you put them on paper, but the first two were believable on screen, or at least made a strong attempt at being convincing. We had a lengthy back story about how the Green Goblin was the result of advanced government sponsored weapons development, and Doctor Octopus' arms were actually given a purpose. When watching these movies, we never say "do they actually expect us to buy that?"

Sandman on the other hand just jumps in a pit and then wow, omg, he's the Sandman! And Venom just randomly crashes down out of nowhere...directly adjacent to where Peter Parker is making out with his girlfriend, right. Then there was the whole emo fiasco, and the fact that the plot is a jumbled mess even without the ridiculous villains. It was just very poorly done. It wasn't that there were too many villains, or that the plot was too far fetched, it was just very poorly executed. It's impossible to suspend disbelief, and the forced emotional scenes are just bad comedy. It fails in nearly every respect that its predecessors succeeded.

Look at Batman Begins as the polar opposite. We have a plot about some deranged psychiatrist and a ninja man trying to destroy a city using fear juice. It has no less than three major villains, and yet it never feels jumbled, and it's always convincing.

Blader

Zeed said:
Sandman on the other hand just jumps in a pit and then wow, omg, he's the Sandman! And Venom just randomly crashes down out of nowhere...directly adjacent to where Peter Parker is making out with his girlfriend, right. Then there was the whole emo fiasco, and the fact that the plot is a jumbled mess even without the ridiculous villains. It was just very poorly done. It wasn't that there were too many villains, or that the plot was too far fetched, it was just very poorly executed. It's impossible to suspend disbelief, and the forced emotional scenes are just bad comedy. It fails in nearly every respect that its predecessors succeeded.

Yeah, the villains origins were pretty lazy writing, I don't deny that.

The "emo" scenes were just funny. They weren't meant to be serious, which you can tell from the reactions of the other people in those scenes. And they actually do a good job of luring the viewer into a false sense of security (e.g. Harry's having fun tormenting Peter and then gets the shit beaten out of him; Peter's having fun flirting with every girl he sees and then he smacks MJ).

And to be honest, I never understood the "jumbled mess" complaints. Maybe after watching three years of Lost, it's easy for me to watch multiple characters and subplots at once? Maybe, but personally I felt that they intertwined and impacted each other really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom