• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & Punishment hits JP Virtual Console this Sept

swerve

58_vol130.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/index.html

This is pretty big, considering every N64 game released so far has come out in ALL regions. A US release for this seems pretty possible/likely.

=O

THIS NEEDS TO BE PORTED TO OTHER REGIONS ASAP!

I'll fucking hate Nintendo if they don't bring this over to Europe. All they need to do is translate the menu's and get rid of the JP subtitles for God's sake.

pswii60

Please release this in the UK! PLEASE!

I never got to play it - probably like most of GAF. But I've always, always wanted to.

Summary from Mobygames:

Rogue mutants, named Lufian were originally bred to manage food production in the overpopulated and resource scarce Earth, but they've revolted against their human masters. The army has been soundly defeated, and now it's up to two teenage heroes, 14-year-old Saki Amamiya and 15-year-old Airan Jo to save the day. As the story advances, the heroes find out the Lufian's true intention and that the mutants could jeopardize the future of Earth!

also interesting to note all of the audio is in English even though it never made it across the pacific

pswii60 said:
Please release this in the UK! PLEASE!

I never got to play it - probably like most of GAF. But I've always, always wanted to.
I did, and it's frikkin' AWESOME.

Kind of worried that it'll look pretty bad on HDTV's though: it had a lot of jaggies to begin with.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
If ever there was a VC game that would benefit from the Wiimote, this would be it. Come on Reg/Iwata/Ninty_Diety make it so.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Vyse The Legend said:
This is pretty big, considering every N64 game released so far has come out in ALL regions. A US release for this seems pretty possible/likely.

=O

Prays for this game's release in NA

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Vyse The Legend said:

=O

but have they only released N64 games that were originally released in all regions?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
That's awesome, this is one of my favorite games of all time... surprised it hits JP VC so soon! This better come to the US, asap!

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
This game contains my single favorite level of all time, (the "flying over the aircraft carriers and boats and jets" level). I'd buy it all over again on VC... it's that good.

swerve

Yeah, I've already bought this on Cart twice (one imported at launch in UK, one on a whim in Japan when I just had to have it NOW), and I'm very happy to buy it on the VC.

Some of the stages are sheer shooting joy, the characters are anime-camp-awesomeness, and the gun/sword system is so fricking cool (you tap the shoot button when up close to an enemy to slice them rather than shoot, and you can reflect missile bullets to any target of your choice).

Stage 2-2(?), the aircraft carrier, is one of my favourite stages in any game ever, in terms of design, visuals, replayability and sheer 'cool'.

I really hope they localise it for everyone else to enjoy. That would set a really good precedent for the VC to bring fresh games to the west.

EDIT: In summary: what Chunderman said.

Jammy

Banned
Hasn't there been one or two games already that have come to the U.S. on the VC that never came here before? I'd say that increases our odds quite a bit.

Jme

Let us not forget that Battle Load Runner, which was never priorly released in North America, was brought to the US VC. Not to mention George Harrison's interview stating that Nintendo may localize previously Japan-Exclusive games for the VC.

Capndrake

Salmon said:
Anyway...the strange thing is, that I've never seen this game in my life, but I recognize the music as if it was in my own pocket somehow...I wonder why!
Figured out that wasn't in-game music - Changed the video.

AshStrife

Salmon said:
Actually WOW! I like the style of that game! It looks like a mix of Rez, Starfox and that awesome Sega flying shooter game I can't recall the name of :lol ...

Anyway...the strange thing is, that I've never seen this game in my life, but I recognize the music as if it was in my own pocket somehow...I wonder why!

Because the music in the video clip is from Final Fantasy VIII.

Regardless, game looks intriguing.

Somnid

Considering Nintendo still has N64 backlog and that this is the first third-party N64 title they're bringing out I'd say somebody is listening to our pleas.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I want this on UK Virtual Console!

I actually have the Japanese one for N64. It was a shop in the Isle of Wight selling it for an absurd price but by gum was it worth it. The game is practically all in English anyway (even the voiceovers, as bad as they are), just the text needs altering and Bob's your auntie.

For those that haven't played it or even heard of it before, shame on you. It's a fantastic game. I hope the controls map well to the Classic Controller though, since it uses the C-Buttons quite actively for movement, along with the analogue stick.

Tain

It's a rail shooter. In fact. I'd dare dub it as the greatest rail shooter EVER MADE.

aka tallest midget.

Unless we're including shit like Space Harrier and Galaxy Force. Then we have something.

But then I'd have to decide between Space Harrier and Sin & Punishment, which I don't want to do.

Zenith

Banned
Nothing will beat sword fight with milita leader followed by psychic fight over a fucking carrier group.

sinandpunishment-1.jpg

It's just so awesome hitting cruise missiles back at ships with your sword.

kottila

SovanJedi said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I want this on UK Virtual Console!

I actually have the Japanese one for N64. It was a shop in the Isle of Wight selling it for an absurd price but by gum was it worth it. The game is practically all in English anyway (even the voiceovers, as bad as they are), just the text needs altering and Bob's your auntie.

For those that haven't played it or even heard of it before, shame on you. It's a fantastic game. I hope the controls map well to the Classic Controller though, since it uses the C-Buttons quite actively for movement, along with the analogue stick.

It sure like it would work perfectly with the Wiimote....

Top Bottom