• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UT3 PS3 goes GOLD!

FabCam

Folks,

The PlayStation 3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has gone gold! We got news last night that Unreal Tournament 3 has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing.

Midway has started talking to retailers to figure out exact timing and they will have a formal announcement early next week when everyone is back from the Thanksgiving holiday. My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week.

I think PS3 owners are going to really enjoy UT3 this holiday so make sure you get it on your shopping list!

For PAL territories, specifically UK and Europe, we have a few localization-related tasks to complete and then we should be starting the certification process pretty soon. My best guess is early next year (January or February) for the game to ship over there.

Mark Rein

Please let it be new to you!

Tieno

I'm really going to sit and watch how the mod support is going for the PS3 version. When crazy stuff starts happening I'm picking it up.

Are there dedicated servers?

Tieno

FabCam said:
Thank god for region free is all I can say. If PS3 wasn't region free I would be so pissed.
Yeah, but it's so stupid that play-asia won't import any ps3 stuff to Europe. They're the cheapest.

Mark Rein said:
My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week.

Whoa.

Teknopathetic said:
I'm never happy.
bus.jpg

Epic delivers. I'm picking this up now.

Epic made it through, what a joyous Christmas....speaking of which...what the hell happened to PS3 Orange Box? Wasn't it supposed to come out around the same time?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Epic made it through, what a joyous Christmas....speaking of which...what the hell happened to PS3 Orange Box? Wasn't it supposed to come out around the same time?

dumm dumm DUUUMMMMMM.

USC-fan

Banned
This will be the second ps3 game i buy this year!

Will it still supports kb/m??

HomerSimpson-Man said:
ign said they just got the ps3 version review code in.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
HomerSimpson-Man said:

Dec 14, in Europe, apparently. I saw that reported a day or two ago.

edit - Sony should pump out some "$399" ads for this pronto.

Elios83

HomerSimpson-Man said:

14 December afaik.

f@luS

More than a member.
they really made it fucking shit ! it will sell like cakes at chrismas seriously. GOOD GAME

and everyone was laughing @mark rein when he stated they worked their ass off to get it ready before christmas

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
People were pretty meh about this game in the PC thread. I'd never thought I'd see more excitement over a console port than the PC release.

Top Bottom