• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Movies of the Year 2007 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go. I don't know if this necessitated a new thread, but the vote tallying was more tedious than I thought it would be. So I wanted to make another thread to bring attention to my *hard* work.

1. No Country for Old Men
2. There Will Be Blood
3. Ratatouille
4. The Bourne Ultimatum
5. Zodiac
6. Hot Fuzz
7. Superbad
8. Juno
9. 3:10 To Yuma
10. Eastern Promises
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Stardust
12. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
13. 300
14. Sunshine
15. Gone Baby Gone
16. Knocked Up
17. Once
18. Sweeney Todd
19. Michael Clayton
20. Atonement

For full vote totals and standings, click here.

More like delete the top 10 from existence and go with 11-20. Oh well, at least I wasn't the deciding factor in Stardust not cracking top 10.

Bloodwake

Best movie of the year: THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

Nothing can rival the awesome of Daniel Day-Lewis and PT Anderson.

Bloodwake said:
Yeah, I know, I just watched There Will Be Blood yesterday, so give me a fucking break.
DDLavatar.jpg

There ya go.

AniHawk

CajoleJuice said:
hahaha

And thanks, Ben. I don't know how Anihawk does it.

You only had 5 pages! That's easy!

Thanks for your work though. Good to see Ratatouille up there in the top 3.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
1. No Country for Old Men
2. There Will Be Blood
3. Ratatouille
4. The Bourne Ultimatum
5. Zodiac
6. Hot Fuzz
7. Superbad
8. Juno
9. 3:10 To Yuma
10. Eastern Promises
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Stardust
12. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
13. 300
14. Sunshine
15. Gone Baby Gone
16. Knocked Up
17. Once
18. Sweeney Todd
19. Michael Clayton
20. Atonement

Congratulations GAF. You are smarter than most people give you credit for. The top 2 I can definitely agree with. Ratatouille was awesome, too, but I personally enjoyed Once and Sunshine more than it. But there is opinion for you.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
As an avid Brad Bird supporter I was somewhat disappointed in Ratatouille, it's too high on the list for my tastes. I would've put Superbad in its spot. NCfOM is a worthy number one though

MIMIC

Banned
That's a really good list (but knowing GAF, it was pretty predictable :lol)

Of the 9 I haven't seen, 8 are on my "Need To See" list. I really have no desire to see "Stardust".

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
DKnight said:
300 is shit. Otherwise, good list (Stardust should be first!).
yeah i dont like that it made it into the top 20. Its an ok film, but its horribly overrated.

Thanks for the list Cajole. Good job.

Even Christian Bale couldn't save the total trainwreck that was 3:10 to Yuma. I couldn't tell if they were serious or not with that ending, it definitely had me laughing though, what a bunch of crap.

Anyway, No Country for Old Men, nice.

Heh I get barked at over some of my movie opinions on a forum that allows 300 to make a best movies of the year list :lol

Sorry I just find it particularly amusing. Good job Cajole :D

Kastro

Banned
I guess Ill never understand the big obsession with Pixar. I found Ratatouille cute and fun but not something I ever want to see again, and nothing really memorable.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Kastro said:
I guess Ill never understand the big obsession with Pixar. I found Ratatouille cute and fun but not something I ever want to see again, and nothing really memorable.

same. i watch them once or twice, and forget about them.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
why does everyone like zodiac?!

I watched that and it was just kind of slow and boring.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
catfish said:

i shouldn't even attempt to explain this, but there is a difference between "slow and boring" and "deliberate and subtle" that goes beyond semantics. for those who enjoyed the film, they were likely invested in the characters and their journey through the film, and found stretches of spending time with those characters punctuated by quiet tense moments very entertaining. if you went in wanting seven all over, you're fucked. i'd imagine that's exactly what many people did. but zodiac was about exploring what happens when someone's life work is a mystery that is never ultimately solved, and what happens to their life--and the lives of several others in their wake--when there's no real ending to the story.

Dali

catfish said:

I wonder the same thing. Technically there is nothing wrong with it. Seamless performances a cohesive story, etc. but the way it was presented may as well have been a documentary rather than being marketed as a psychological crime thriller. There was nothing thrilling about it. It seemed as though it just presented the facts with a little narrative thrown in for Gyllenhall's family. If it did embellish anything you could have fooled me because the whole thing played out like watching the discovery portion of a murder trial.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I agree with the top 5...but the bottom 5...kind of meh. Yuma was good...but not really good. It was a good western in a time were we have few. Juno and Superbad...Not really all that fun outside of a few moments, and Eastern Promises last half kind of fell apart and such a horrible twist:lol

The problem with Zodiac was...There is no ending, No climax to speak. So he had to create one. Which was sound by all means...but just wasn't there with the feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom