• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Eater , One Piece (Wii) screens

king zell

Soul Eater

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

s03.jpg

s04.jpg

s05.jpg

s06.jpg

s07.jpg

s08.jpg

s09.jpg

s10.jpg

One Piece

o01.jpg

o02.jpg

o03.jpg

o04.jpg

o05.jpg

o06.jpg

o07.jpg

o08.jpg

o09.jpg

o10.jpg

o11.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
one piece looks nice....soul eater like crap....
anyway thanks for the screen zell.... :D

Danj

Yoboman said:
Those Soul Eater screens make me not want to watch the Anime

This would be a big mistake. Maka's VA does suck, but the animation is top notch, especially in the action scenes. BONES delivers it HOT.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh god... a sequel to the one piece game. I seriously hope they fixed the whole "Not the least bit of fun in single player mode, but you must play for a god awful amount of time to unlock characters".

Neomoto

Pretty disappointing that the first Square Enix Wii game announced since launch I think (except for the WiiWare game) turned out to be "that". I hope they'll announce something more then this soon.

One Piece looks pretty good. How did it go with the first one on Wii?

Zave

Neomoto said:
Pretty disappointing that the first Square Enix Wii game announced since launch I think (except for the WiiWare game) turned out to be "that". I hope they'll announce something more then this soon.

One Piece looks pretty good. How did it go with the first one on Wii?
Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers.

Danj

flipping_heck said:
anyways, how is the Soul Eater anime?

The so called "Late Show" version was a complete LIE. It wasn't any different to the normal version. But other than that yeah, great animation. Maka's VA sucks but the rest of them are pretty good.

Danj said:
The so called "Late Show" version was a complete LIE. It wasn't any different to the normal version. But other than that yeah, great animation. Maka's VA sucks but the rest of them are pretty good.
??

Lobster

Banned
One Piece looks great. Thank goodness it doesn't have the same blurry problem as the first one did :D

If only Soul Eater didn't exist though :\ This thread would be a success.

Danj

Mefisutoferesu said:

Talking about the Soul Eater anime. There was a "Late Show" version that aired a few days later than the first broadcast of ep1, in a late timeslot. Allegedly there was going to be new content or less censorship or something, but it turned out to be exactly the same.

I'd LOVE to see Ganbarion do one of the following on the Wii:

1. Make an original RPG IP with that exact graphical style, it's fantastic!

2. Make a DBZ fighting game in that graphical style as well, looks FAR better than the Budokai Tenkaichi games, well that's understandable as those were made primarily for the PS2, this is a ground up Wii game.

Seriously though, those cel shaded graphics is very well done IMO!

NeonZ

Hero of legend said:
2. Make a DBZ fighting game in that graphical style as well, looks FAR better than the Budokai Tenkaichi games, well that's understandable as those were made primarily for the PS2, this is a ground up Wii game.

Seriously though, those cel shaded graphics is very well done IMO!

Those aren't cel shaded graphics... Look at the lighting on their models, it isn't divided in perfect solid sections unlike in cell shaded games, like Wind Waker. The characters all look like blocky toys too...

Ryuuga

Banned
s09.jpg

Sigh, well it was to be expected. I knew from the beginning it'd be a cheap cash-in. I didn't think it'd be this bad though. It does seem as if they're putting some effort into one piece though. I'll check out gameplay footage for both though and see where they're taking it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Soul Eater looks terrible (never heard of the game before), but One Piece looks really good, especially for a licensed anime game. Colorful with some great detail, plays to the system's strengths, and it looks like there was a good effort put forth by the game. The shot in the aquarium looks especially lovely.

LCGeek

formerly sane
NeonZ said:
Those aren't cel shaded graphics... Look at the lighting on their models, it isn't divided in perfect solid sections unlike in cell shaded games, like Wind Waker. The characters all look like blocky toys too...

That's pretty sad considering the api actually has a hardware technique suited for cell shading never ceases to amaze me how devs won't exploit Wii like it could be.

basik

one piece unlimited adventure is a good game. i'm a bit biased though because i'm a big fan of the show (watched up to ep. 348). its way better than i thought it would be, you just have to grind a bit with every char to atleast level 5 to unlock lots of moves. it doesnt take too long. my biggest complaints are there is not enough inventory space until you unlock bigger bags and the auto-item pickup is annoying because everything drops crap you dont want. also the objectives are confusing until you figure out the obscure things you need to do, play it with a guide. english voice acting actually isnt bad and the dialogue seems to be written by the anime people because its also good.

hope cruise comes to the us, day 1 for me.

Teknoman

Chocobo Dungeon looks pretty good though, has an AMAZING soundtrack, and even online play vs battles (using cards, but they play out like Pokemon battles).

basik

Smiles and Cries said:
this is a new One Piece?

yes, one piece: unlimited cruise and its gonna be released as 2 games in volume 1 & 2 havent heard if they will be very different or anything yet.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ftBcVxI64

anyone know what unlimited adventure sold in the usa? I got it when it came out with no more heroes but didnt even play it till last month because I listened to haters on gaf and didnt give it a chance and played NMH instead, glad I finally did play it because its fun.

ethelred

Himuro said:
Is this One Piece an actual action adventure where you go from island to island which has been in my dreams ever since I got into One Piece 5 years ago?

That depends. Has a company with a shred of self respect poached the license from Bandai?

basik

Pureauthor said:
Do you honestly believe that Bandai would go through the trouble of doing something like that?

well it has 'cruise' in the title and in this thread theres pics of 2 different islands...

there is actual effort put into unlimited adventure, its not the cheap anime cash-in it could have been, I never bought any of those OP gc games because they all looked crappy.

basik

theres some new pics of one piece unlimited cruise here:

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/076/76039/index.html

bumping this because I cant make new threads.

not sure but there might be some new info there too, google translator says:

Namco Bandai is, Wii software as a One Piece episodes ANRIMITEDDOKURUZU 1 - Sex dance on the waves - to the summer of 2008, ANRIMITEDDOKURUZU One Piece: Episode II - brave man, wake up in 2008 to launch the winter.

The previous work, Excite Truck, the island was only the adventure, this album is different island across the sea to be run over.

Each island is arrived at, such as tree trunks and plants are meticulously drawn, to foster a sense of grand adventure.

a third island is shown in the pics so now we have shots of 3 different islands... I hope there are some pirate ship battles. not much new in the other pics.

c20080423_onepiece_20_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

c20080423_onepiece_23_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/076/76050/c20080423_onepiece_08_cs1w1_640x421.jpg

Dever

Banned
Looks good, but I doubt it will be good. Why do they have to fuck around with the character designs, just use the ones in the manga. :( Done right, a One Piece game would be so amazing. I'm thinking an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts with some exploration elements and fucking epic boss fights.

basik

Dever said:
Looks good, but I doubt it will be good. Why do they have to fuck around with the character designs, just use the ones in the manga. :( Done right, a One Piece game would be so amazing. I'm thinking an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts with some exploration elements and fucking epic boss fights.

the first one was good, did you play it? it does have epic boss fights. in this thread I linked to a guys youtube of him playing through the whole game...he isnt that great at it though because he doesnt level up all his chars to unlock more of their moves and he doesnt use the combat targeting system to lock the camera like zelda so the camera looks worse than it is.
it can be a bit of a fetch quest but the reward is you get to fight the cool bosses and unlock them for the 2 player vs mode.

Desi

Dever said:
i'm confused? The designs in this series of one piece games look fucking amazing.

Top Bottom