• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60/20GB PS3 owners, is your GTAIV freezing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
XHitoshuraX said:
You've approached this very well, thank you. So far so good here.
I have a 20GB and am worried when my game comes in the mail tomorrow. (or rather, in a few hours)

Slacker

No issues during about 90 minutes of play here on a 60GB PS3. Looks jaggier than I expected, but I assume that's my monitor.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Slacker said:
No issues during about 90 minutes of play here on a 60GB PS3. Looks jaggier than I expected, but I assume that's my monitor.
Always welcome to hear. A few GAFers say they have the problem, might be as someone suggested and it depends on certain hardware configs.

Azrael

As I posted in the main thread, the game repeatedly freezes during the opening cut scene on my 60 GB system.

Bebpo

Banned
If it's freezing during cutscenes and stuff it sounds more like just a bad pressing of BRs and not a hardware problem.
Whenever they press millions of a game for a huge release, there's always the chance some batches will be defective.

I don't remember what the last game was that had a defective batch, but I remember it being within the last year or so.

*edit, now I remember, my SSB disc was defective and fucked up during the fmvs and I had to get a replacement disc.

there was a list of ps3 settings to change for freezing and framerate issues with games for the ps3. one was do not allow the ps3 to do a auto sign on. does any have the complete list of setting changes to help with gameplay issues?

Aske

Sounds like the game is freezing after the first cut scene or not at all. Fingers crossed it's just a weird batch of discs that reveal their flaws minutes into the game and can be easily exchanged. But it's weird that it doesn't seem to have hit the 40/80GB users too.

60 gig launch unit with upgraded HDD. It locked up shortly after I got to the dock in the opening cinema. Video was frozen but audio was still going. Ugh.

IzumiK

Banned
Sorry guys, but it really is just TeamXbox and Sony Defense Force causing trouble in each other's realm. 8P

Trying the switch in the back tip. I already turned it off once and it locked up again but this time when the GTA4 logo popped up. God this sucks. What's odd is the whole system is locked up too cuz you can't bring up the OS at all.

I have a 60 gig PS3 and my copy of GTAIV that hasn't arrived yet isn't working. Should I wait until it arrives to test it again or do I throw my PS3 out the window now?

Azrael

Marty Chinn said:
60 gig launch unit with upgraded HDD. It locked up shortly after I got to the dock in the opening cinema. Video was frozen but audio was still going. Ugh.

That's exactly what happens with mine. The video locks up but the intro audio continues to run.

I have a few different machines, my main rig is a 150 HDD, but after seeing what you wrote, I started on my 20 gig...so far so good....

ZeoVGM

Banned
IzumiK said:
Sorry guys, but it really is just TeamXbox and Sony Defense Force causing trouble in each other's realm. 8P

Uh, no. My friend got it on PS3 and he IMed me about 6 minutes ago to tell me it froze. And he's no Xbot.

Edit: He has a 60, btw.

I tried flipping the main power switch off in the back for a minute like it was suggested but it locked up again. Even earlier this time. Ugh. After all that effort I went through to secure myself for the midnight launch, it was all wasted effort. Looks like no GTA4 for me tonight =(

Brashnir

Yoboman said:
http://www.n4g.com/News-140414.aspx

Sounds like it might be affecting some 360 owners too :( Hopefully I don't run into this

Bad news for Rockstar if it's widespread

sort of makes all the bickering about popup and resolution in that other thread seem even more trivial than it already was.

Hopefully I don't have any problems with my copy later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom