• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 becomes the next-gen console for ADVs - Time Leap announced

icecream

Public Health Threat
Source taken from the 'Time Leap Visual Guidebook.' In an interview with Akio Watanabe, when asked about the future direction of the series, he said to look forward to the fan disk and the Xbox 360 version of Time Leap.

The PC opening can be seen here. A video of the PC benchmark can be seen here.

This might be the second title that Prototype was hinting to after Clannad. :D

2ahxete.jpg

icecream said:
Source taken from the 'Time Leap Visual Guidebook.' In an interview with Akio Watanabe, when asked about the future direction of the series, he said to look forward to the fan disk and the Xbox 360 version of Time Leap.

The PC opening can be seen here. A video of the PC benchmark can be seen here.

This might be the second title that Prototype was hinting to after Clannad. :D

2ahxete.jpg

Your just dying for someone to pedo-bear this one up, aren't ya?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Not anymore than any standard 'anime-style design of young girls' game gets.

The PC version had very high spec requirements, so it's certainly suitable for a next-gen console.

Kinda sad that an ADV looks better than a lot of the next gen games coming out of Japan...

EDIT:: Ooops, it's just a tech demo, not a game. My bad.

icecream

Public Health Threat
IzumiK said:
It's a visual novel since Icecream disregards the structures of the English language.
Or I follow the correct Japanese conventions for a Japanese game.

Calling 3-D rendered cel-shaded games like Time Leap and Idolm@ster 'visual novels' is ridiculous.

Mefisutoferesu said:
EDIT:: Ooops, it's just a tech demo, not a game. My bad.
The game does look like that though, or better, depending on the specs.

zoku88

Wow, I've actually heard of this game before >.>
on hongfire.. siiigh

I remember the specs being ABSURDLY high. I remember people, back in the day, with high end Geforce 7 cards having trouble with it.

I ask again, why does the X360 get so much love from JPN devs?

watership

zoku88 said:
on hongfire.. siiigh

I remember the specs being ABSURDLY high. I remember people, back in the day, with high end Geforce 7 cards having trouble with it.

Easy to make games for. Like, stupid easy.

derder

zoku88 said:
on hongfire.. siiigh

Its easier to program for in general.
Smaller devs = smaller budget = More time spent on design (instead of tech.) on 360 = More detail on the prepubescent girls in these pedo-sims

Enron

Banned
derder said:
Its easier to program for in general.
Smaller devs = smaller budget = More time spent on design (instead of tech.) on 360 = More detail on the prepubescent girls in these pedo-sims

... i had something semi-funny to say to piggyback on derder's comment, but then i realized how horribly creepy it was.

zoku88

Enron said:
... i had something semi-funny to say to piggyback on derder's comment, but then i realized how horribly creepy it was.
You can't just give us a teaser and not say anything :p

Innotech said:
hmm is this in any way connected to the excellent movie, "Girl who leapt through time"?
No

batbeg

Nikashi said:
Pfft, why would he be with the girl who has boobs, Pedobear likes them flat as a board!

Because he's looking at the flat-chested one. It's all part of the plan.

So is the reason the 360 is getting these games and not the PS3 that Microsoft encourages the developers while Sony doesn't care/discourages them? Or was it the roaring success of Idolm@aster DLC that got all these developers interested in the bandwagon?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
On a more serious note.... some Japanese developers seem to be so persistent of putting content on 360, a console almost dead on the water. PS3 would obviously be more suited for this... and the 360 fanbase in japan seems to be far more "americanized". I don't know, just find it ironic. Good for Microsoft though... but I don't think this will be such a push.

klee123

Relix said:
On a more serious note.... some Japanese developers seem to be so persistent of putting content on 360, a console almost dead on the water. PS3 would obviously be more suited for this... and the 360 fanbase in japan seems to be far more "americanized". I don't know, just find it ironic. Good for Microsoft though... but I don't think this will be such a push.

Probably really cheap licensing costs. Just like how the Dreamcast was heaven for visual novel developers.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Lebron said:
is that a box of fried chicken I see, or am I just that hungry I'm seeing things?

thought the same thing...wtf.

Anyways, graphics look great for this...dancing moe anime thing... would buy if hentai, but otherwise staying away from this crap.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Barakov said:
This thread really had no chance.
What do you mean?

Metal Gear?! said:
So is the reason the 360 is getting these games and not the PS3 that Microsoft encourages the developers while Sony doesn't care/discourages them? Or was it the roaring success of Idolm@aster DLC that got all these developers interested in the bandwagon?
It's because of the ease of porting/development on the 360, as well as the fanbase created by the release of IM@S. It's perhaps not enough to push notable HW sales in the weekly Media Create, but it's enough to further establish a known hardcore fanbase that developers can focus on.

klee123 said:
Just like how the Dreamcast was heaven for visual novel developers.
And the PS2 after it.

klee123

icecream said:
What do you mean?

It's because of the ease of porting/development on the 360, as well as the fanbase created by the release of IM@S. It's perhaps not enough to push notable HW sales in the weekly Media Create, but it's enough to further establish a known hardcore fanbase that developers can focus on.

And the PS2 after it.

PS2 was more of the fact that the system was incredibly popular which is why small developers eventually jumped in. The DC was still a viable platform for visual novel developers when the PS2 was out already, due to the fact that it was so cheap to develop for(and I suspect licensing costs would have been a mere fraction of what Sony charges), which is probably why visual novels never get ported to Nintendo systems.

icecream

Public Health Threat
klee123 said:
PS2 was more of the fact that the system was incredibly popular which is why small developers eventually jumped in. The DC was still a viable platform for visual novel developers when the PS2 was out already, due to the fact that it was so cheap to develop for(and I suspect licensing costs would have been a mere fraction of what Sony charges)
Considering the majority of such games sold about the same numbers on both platforms, from what you suggest there really was no reason for them to switch to the PS2.

It's the same reason each generation. The games go where the fanbase lies.

klee123 said:
which is probably why visual novels never get ported to Nintendo systems.
I suspect that has more to do with Nintendo than the developers.

klee123

icecream said:
Considering the majority of such games sold about the same numbers on both platforms, from what you suggest there really was no reason for them to switch to the PS2.

It's the same reason each generation. The games go where the fanbase lies.

Sure there is! DVD>GD rom.

icecream said:
I suspect that has more to do with Nintendo than the developers.

Considering that Nintendo has always been notorious for charging the most in terms of royality rates, I'd say that's also another factor. If Nintendo was strict about content, it didn't stop SNK from going nuts with the ecchi type games. Sure it's not the same genre, but it's still not for kids.

Top Bottom