• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaun White Snowboarding (Wii & 360 / PS3) gameplay video from ubidays day 2

Namomura

Shaun White Snowboarding gameplay video from ubidays day 2 :

Wii version :

http://www.jeux-france.com/news27668_shaun-white-snowboarding-video.html

71921520080529_113006_4_big.jpg

71921520080529_113007_5_big.jpg

360 / PS3 version :

http://www.jeux-france.com/news27669_video-shaun-white-snowboarding-xbox-360-ps3.html

7169620080529_113531_5_big.jpg

7169620080529_113531_6_big.jpg

[Nintex] said:
SSX Blur looked alot better than the Wii version of this game...

The shots don't really seem to be a direct feed. I haven't seen the gameplay clips yet; Wii pics don't really do any of the games justice though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Wii-versions trees reminds me of Cool Boarders 2...

The PS3/360-ones looks good though.

Elios83

The Ps360 version looks great but this makes me want SSX4 more :/
Is there any update on that game? There was a rumor about a next gen episode in development but then scrapped...but I don't know if it was confirmed. Someone should ask Peter Moore.

Edit: Now that I recall it, there was a hint about SSX next gen in Burnout Paradise so who knows, maybe they're keeping it secret until E3.

Cosmonaut X said:
It's not just the look of the game - although that isn't great - it's that the boarder doesn't seem connected to the enviroment at all. It's as though he's floating on the snow, not carving in to it.

100% right. Ubisoft polishing another turd on Wii.

Gwanatu T

Stormbringer said:

That video sucks, the guy playing sits on screens for too bloody long and pauses it too often.

On another note, Ubisoft should be friggin ashamed. What the hell is wrong with them? It's really not that hard to make good Wii games, honestly. And why the hell does everything look like crap and then companies just "cel shade" it or try and make it look cartoony like they tried to make it look horrible in the first place. The Wii is more powerful than any of the last-gen systems, and I'm pretty sure we had serious, non-cartoony games then.

Gwanatu T said:
That video sucks, the guy playing sits on screens for too bloody long and pauses it too often.

On another note, Ubisoft should be friggin ashamed. What the hell is wrong with them? It's really not that hard to make good Wii games, honestly. And why the hell does everything look like crap and then companies just "cel shade" it or try and make it look cartoony like they tried to make it look horrible in the first place. The Wii is more powerful than any of the last-gen systems, and I'm pretty sure we had serious, non-cartoony games then.
Come now, that would require actual effort.

If they nail the wiiboard implementation I may bite. Probably not though, I'm sure at some point there will be wiiboard snowboarding games that have the benefit of being from a company not called Ubisoft.

Dever

Banned
The Wii version is just :lol Ubicrap.

PS360 is... eh. The gameplay looks a little too slow, and the animations are really stiff. I just hope that new SSX isn't really canceled. ;(

FightyF

Banned
I don't see what's so bad about the Wii version. Sure, there's some clipping but the game is unfinished.

Balance board snowboarding is an awesome idea.

I think Nintendo should consider making a 1080 game for the Wii and make use of the balance board, if this one does indeed end up playing bad.

darscot

Big Mountain riding and Shaun White makes me chuckle. Also the park jumps in the middle of a huge mountain is perfect. I don't think this guy has hit anything that wasn't shoveled in his life.

xbhaskarx

In that first 360/PS3 pic, why do the trees look like they don't have trunks and they're floating above the ground?

jrricky

Banned
I loled when she told him to stop videotaping because it will not look as good as what they could offer.

looks awright in motion, need direct feeds. It still has some months for polish (hope).

pilonv1

if this is remotely similar to amped i will be playing this constantly.

amped+tdu is such an awesome game design

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
pilonv1 said:
if this is remotely similar to amped i will be playing this constantly.

amped+tdu is such an awesome game design
Seriously. I still fondly remember spending many a night playing Amped 2 online in the chill-out free-roam mode.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The Wii version looks... early but I'm really interested in the 360/PS3 version. It's criminal that there hasn't been a good online snowboard title yet this gen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The balance board could have been a fun device for a game like this, but I dunno, that's pretty bad looking. In all honesty, the original SSX on PS2 seems like the more attractive game. :\

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
dark10x said:
The balance board could have been a fun device for a game like this, but I dunno, that's pretty bad looking.
HD version looks pretty bad as well. Hypothetical good Control scheme could be the only saving grace the game has (does PS3 one support SixAxis?).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I hope other studios are working on snowboard games: I'm not convinced at all by these videos.

while graphics arent everything (I offer you all Snowboard Kids for 64). This thing looks horrible.

Atlus save us with a new Snowboard Kids. Tommy, Jam, and Shinobin need dusted off

Top Bottom