• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm (PC Download/Xbox Live Arcade) being released June 25

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/11/happy-tree-friends-has-solid-release-date/

Happy Tree Friends has solid release date

Posted Jun 11th 2008 4:00AM by Terrence Stasse
Filed under: News, Xbox Live Arcade
We've been down this road before haven't we? Indeed, we have. This time should a bit more reliable though, as the date came from Sega themselves. The new release date for Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm is June 25, the week after next. The game itself is a menagerie of differing gameplay types and focuses, strangely enough, on trying "to save the characters from gruesome demise." After being jerked around a bit with this title it's good to know that it'll be seeing the light of day sooner rather than later. Though we wish we could say the same about some other XBLA games that have yet to see release.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Happy Tree Friends False Alarm! and Ticket to Ride Launching on Xbox LIVE Arcade This Wednesday!

The popular and twisted Web series, “Happy Tree Friends False Alarm!™” and the award-winning board game “Ticket to Ride” will debut on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT).

“Happy Tree Friends False Alarm!” incorporates the twisted humor and mayhem from the cartoon Web series as the cute and cuddly Happy Tree Friends face one gory, horrible disaster after another! Players assume the persona of Lumpy the moose, who must save his clumsy friends by blasting open areas when they are trapped or deep freezing them before they stumble into danger. “Happy Tree Friends False Alarm!” features 10 exclusive scenarios, ranging from a mine shaft to a candy factory, with three frantic levels and new cut-scenes. Just like the hit Web series, players must try to keep their pals safe, but with this accident-prone group, catastrophic mishaps are inevitable.

Developed by Stainless Games and published by SEGA, “Happy Tree Friends False Alarm!” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.

All aboard! Get your “Ticket to Ride” the rails from coast to coast on this exciting train adventure. Based on the award-winning board game, “Ticket to Ride” features simple rules and fast play, promising fun for the whole family on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Plan your routes and connect your cities across the country to become the ultimate traveler, earning points as you claim your tracks and complete your Tickets for your chance at the big score. “Ticket to Ride” supports play with up to five people on Xbox LIVE or four people on the same Xbox 360 as you lay track from coast to coast. “Ticket to Ride” features Leaderboards, Achievements and multiple levels of AI players to keep the challenges coming. Who will win when the steam clears? Get your “Ticket to Ride” and see this Wednesday!

Created by Vancouver-based publisher, Playful Entertainment, “Ticket to Ride” will be available worldwide (except Hong Kong or Taiwan) for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

For more details on “Happy Tree Friends False Alarm!” and “Ticket to Ride,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcadexbox360.

okno

That does not sound good, at all. They should have made the game all about setting up bitchin traps to kill the animals, like the cartoon.

Rlan

I've played through the first 7 levels now.

It's... actually not that bad! You have your 4 'weapons' - Fire, Water, Explosion, and 'Use', and you need to get your 5 critters across the level without too much damage.

For the first 7 levels the game has been very easy, so I'm hoping it ramps up a tad. It's fun to cause fire near the HTF's in order for them to run faster, unfortunately they get confused on occasion and decide to run the wrong way. There are some props which are almost impossible to avoid (The Samurai Sword swingers) unless you take each friend one-by-one across.

Other than that, it's a good mixture of Lemmings and Eets. Far better than anything else Stainless have done on the system.

I say give the demo a go.

Rlan

Eh, they should at least give it the benefit of the doubt. All that Atari shit was finished like a year ago now. Things were... different? :lol

The level they actually give you in the demo isn't the very first level, it's like one of the medium levels, which is a good choice.

MMaRsu

Banned
Rlan said:
Eh, they should at least give it the benefit of the doubt. All that Atari shit was finished like a year ago now. Things were... different? :lol

The level they actually give you in the demo isn't the very first level, it's like one of the medium levels, which is a good choice.

I really didn't know what to do lol...

Rlan

MMaRsu said:
I really didn't know what to do lol...

Unfortunately most things are Red or Yellow so it sort of blends in on occasion, and sometimes the camera isn't helpful until you move it to a specific point.

Usually there is a "button" somewhere which does something, maybe cause a ramp to fling up or open a door. Others may require freezing, like putting them over holes spewing out deadly gas on the Happy Tree Friends. If you're not sure what to do, you can freeze all the HTF until they're all set to go.

Fire usually is used to hurry up the HTF, just put it behind them and they'll sart running away from it. You get a little bit of satisfaction from this ;)

And explosion explodes things, usually an object in the way or a blockage stopping water / whale blood from pouring down.

Rlan

Jonnyram said:
This wasn't on Japan marketplace last night.
Total bullshit as usual. Thanks MS.

Yeah WTF, it originally said All regions, then Major Nelson said "All Xbox LIVE regions except Japan, Korea, Taiwan". POOR JONNY :|

Jonnyram

Rlan said:
Yeah WTF, it originally said All regions, then Major Nelson said "All Xbox LIVE regions except Japan, Korea, Taiwan". POOR JONNY :|
The original press release, that Shard posted above, said "will be available worldwide (except Hong Kong or Taiwan)". So I guess HK got it after all, then? Interesting lack of organisation in this department :(

Rlan

Jonnyram said:
The original press release, that Shard posted above, said "will be available worldwide (except Hong Kong or Taiwan)". So I guess HK got it after all, then? Interesting lack of organisation in this department :(

That's Ticket To Ride. For Happy Tree Friends it says everywhere.

Jonnyram

Ah, curse my reading skills. And curse the press release for being wrong. And curse everyone involved in Happy Tree Friends not coming to Japan. Damn, I wanted the game so much. This happens every week :(

Gowans

just checked out the demo. (tut and first level)

Love the presentation but the games just not for me. It didn't grab me tho I did laugh when one of my little dudes got sliced in half my a big samurai sword.

Maybe on a day when I'm looking to play a nice little fun puzzler tho.

Top Bottom