• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid DATABASE incoming on the PS Store this Thursday- free & SO AWESOME.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
From the PS Blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...base-on-the-way/comment-page-1/#comment-72496

2591459392_8bd9d273d3.jpg

The MGS4 Database is a free, downloadable interactive application that contains the official knowledge base of everything that is Metal Gear, reaching all the way back to the very beginning of the franchise. Including complete storylines, character profiles, relationship diagrams, and much more! The MGS4 database is a great way to catch up for someone new to Metal Gear, as well as a useful resource for any veteran of the series, with complete official details on every aspect of the intricate Metal gear lore.

The MGS4 Database also contains a special feature – if you want to make use of the database, but have not yet fully played through MGS4 yet and are worried about spoilers – all MGS4 spoilers are “blacked out” until you’ve beaten MGS4. Give it a try!

But that’s not all, within MGS4, check out the EXTRAS option of the main menu (if you haven’t already). There’s already new, free downloadable content available for the game - with new camouflage and a new music track for the in game iPod. There will be more forthcoming, so be sure to check this often!

It sounds like it's a standalone app rather than a MGS4 addition. It sounds amazin. And it's FREE! Woooooooooooooo!

Aeon712

Hells Yea, this is perfect for someone like me playing MGS4 without playing the first 3. When they mentioned
Mai Ling
I was um who :lol

Teknoman

Even with the database, I still need to go back and play Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Solid 1 and 2. That way with both, I can have a better understanding about everything.

Damn I need essentials. Dunno what i'll do with MGS3 Subsistence though (already own it).

v0yce

Wow, this sounds great.

I assume this is the secret RP was talking about? Probably just came a week later than he thought.

No_Style

Teknoman said:
Damn I need essentials. Dunno what i'll do with MGS3 Subsistence though (already own it).

I still have my original Subsistence game sealed since I never got around to playing it. So, when it was time to replay the game, I just used the Essentials version. Such great value $30 CAD

Jtrizzy

This sounds awesome, but what would really be great is true DLC. I would love more levels like Act II. They wouldn't have to tie in or have any story or cut scenes. I guess they could just be VR missions, but I want more more stuff like Act II!

newsguy

This is a terrible idea. I'm only downloading it because it sounds terrible and I hope Konami doesn't provide us with anymore free content.

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!!

B.K.

So THAT'S why they didn't have recaps in the start menu. I was wondering why they didn't have them, like they did in every other MGS game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
newsguy said:
This is a terrible idea. I'm only downloading it because it sounds terrible and I hope Konami doesn't provide us with anymore free content.

They need to hold this stuff back for Qore, damnit!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Freakin' sweet.

I wonder if their downloadable content will be constricted to MGO and Camoflague and songs, or if it's possible we'll see new side missions or weapons...

Top Bottom