• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Games announces Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade for the XBOX 360 (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., announced today that Namco Museum™: Virtual Arcade (*working title) will be available this fall for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. More than 30 classic Namco hits and new retro revivals come together for the ultimate arcade collection.

“Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade offers more than 25 years of classic Namco arcade hits in one convenient package,” said Todd Thorson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations at NAMCO BANDAI Games America. “Gamers of all generations will enjoy the addicting quality of these timeless arcade games and exciting new updates.”

Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade features hit games from NAMCO BANDAI Games’ Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Xbox 360 library including Ms. Pac-Man®, Galaga®, Dig Dug®, Pac-Man® Championship Edition™ and Mr. Driller® Online. Each Xbox LIVE enabled game features unique online leaderboards and artwork mimicking their original arcade cabinets. Post your high score online to see where you rank against the rest of the world. In addition to the Xbox LIVE Arcade titles, Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade features over 20 additional favorites. Play through newly arranged versions of Dig Dug, Pac-Man and Galaga never before seen on a home console, as well as arcade perfect renditions of Motos®, Pole Position®, Rolling Thunder®, and Galaga® ‘88, just to name a few.

More information about Pac-Man Championship Edition and Mr. Driller Online:

* Pac-Man Championship Edition brings the first new set of mazes to the Pac-Man universe in over 26 years with funky retro neon graphics and innovative rules. Created exclusively for the Xbox 360 by Pac-Man’s original creator, Toru Iwatani, Pac-Man Championship Edition was met with critical acclaim when it was released in the summer of 2007 for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360.
* Mr. Driller Online takes the fun and fast paced gameplay of Mr. Driller and brings it online! Compete against friends in exciting multiplayer matches as you drill deep down into a vast well combining same colored blocks for big combos. The player with the highest score after three minutes wins the round.

Also included in Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade:

* Pac-Man – Released in 1980

Guide PAC-MAN though the original arcade classic. Avoid ghosts as you chomp away at pellets to clear each stage. Find the power pellets to turn the tables on the ensuing ghosts and take a bite out of them.

* Galaga – Released in 1981

Pilot an advanced space fighter and destroy an alien invasion. Shoot through their formations as they descend upon your ship.

* Galaxian® – Released in 1979

Defeat wave after wave of dragonfly-like enemies through this precursor to Galaga.

* Dig Dug - Released in 1982

Dig out tunnels and dislodge heavy rocks to defeat nefarious enemies. If all else fails, use your pump to inflate and blow up tricky monsters. The round is over when all the enemies have been destroyed.

* Xevious® - Released in 1982

This classic arcade shoot ‘em up enlists players to target air and ground units as they fight their way enemy territory.

* Pole Position – Released in 1982

Take first place in the premiere arcade racing classic.

* And much more!

For more information about Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade, please visit: http://www.namcobandaigames.com/

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
So did Namcos press event already happen or what?

WTF is up with Namco and all the 360 love!?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
darkressurection said:
Aren't almost all of these available individually on XBLA?

No, no, there are only 5 XBLA titles being used, stuff like Rolling Thunder and Galaga 88' are not on the XBLA.

Unregistered007 said:
so Namco does not want to make any money by putting it on other platforms ?

Nah, they'll deny it being available for another console for an entire year, and then quietly release a press release saying "oh yeah, here it is for that other system."

Alphahawk

An intresting note is that in a few months this may be the only way to get Mr Driller Online as it seems like a prime canidate for delisting...

takotchi

There's an old Namco game for the Genesis called Marvel Land I remember playing when I was a kid. I always hope it will be included in these Namco Museum collections, or released on the VC or something and it never is. What's up with that?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
takotchi said:
There's an old Namco game for the Genesis called Marvel Land I remember playing when I was a kid. I always hope it will be included in these Namco Museum collections, or released on the VC or something and it never is. What's up with that?

Maybe the game is too obscure or something.

supercake

takotchi said:

I feel your pain. Everytime Namco does this, they never include Splatterhouse. I'm sure excited as shit that it's getting a remake, but fuck, would it kill them to include it just once?

(It's probably to keep the whole collection from becoming T or M rated) :(

Including Rolling Thunder is a nice gesture, I'll give them that.

pswii60

How many times are the going to re-release this same arcade compilation. I had this on the PSX. The Dreamcast. And now they're still porting it?

EDIT: Actually, mis-read. Thought it was the same old four games, but seems a lot more packed this time.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Alphahawk said:
An intresting note is that in a few months this may be the only way to get Mr Driller Online as it seems like a prime canidate for delisting...
And like, almost everything else in the list. Pretty clever, Namco!

Top Bottom