• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant NA website updated.

Eh, looks like this game's plot is already set out to be terrible, they're using the "Kidnapped mysterious girl" plot point. So we can now assume that she's a remnant. Which leads me to this question; why can't RPG developers get the story right!?

Dabanton

Sir Fragula said:
Why won't it accept that I can't harness the power of the remnants?! I will not be made a liar by a mere website.

Yeah i was chuckling about that earlier

"Unacceptable" :lol

Dali

So did they get rid of the idea of being able to pick your protag? It seemed to be heavily hinted that that was the idea - The Conquerer for the West, the lady boy androgynous, adolescent for the East - but I'm not sure if it was ever explicitly stated.

duckroll

PillowKnight said:
Eh, looks like this game's plot is already set out to be terrible, they're using the "Kidnapped mysterious girl sister" plot point. So we can now assume that she's a remnant. Which leads me to this question; why can't RPG developers get the story right!?

Fixed for accuracy. :D

Dali said:
So did they get rid of the idea of being able to pick your protag? It seemed to be heavily hinted that that was the idea: The Conquerer for the west, the lady boy androgynous, adolescent for the east.

That was never the case. They said from the day it was announced that it was not the case. It's true that the Conquerer was a character created to appeal to the west, but he was never the main character.

Yeah, Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, Yuri Lowenthal. I see these three a lot.. also this one annoying voice chick who's in like every RPG..

Yuri Lowenthal did a really good job playing Luke and Asch though. They sound like entirely different people.

Damn that site! I clicked "No" and it's like "Unacceptable". Bastard site. I clicked X immediately. >=O

Blackjack

h3ro said:
Jeez, am I the only one who actually liked Advent Children?
I liked the joke subtitles that one guy released...does that count?

DarknessTear said:
Yuri Lowenthal did a really good job playing Yuri and Asch though. They sound like entirely different people.
I could be thinking of a different Yuri, but if you mean the main guy of Vesperia, then...they are different people. Lowenthal didn't do Yuri Lowell.

Danielsan said:
I don't get the hate. I thought he was fine as Nero in Devil May Cry 4. Of course taking in account the script he had to work with.

You don't get the hate?

I'll try to explain: * Baten Kaitos Origins - Ven

That's enough to scar anyone for life.

Volcynika

Blackjack said:

I could be thinking of a different Yuri, but if you mean the main guy of Vesperia, then...they are different people. Lowenthal didn't do Yuri Lowell.

Probably Yuri from Shadow Hearts, I think.

If Yuri Lowenthal did Yuri Lowell, that'd be awesome though!

Blackjack said:

Naw, I messed up. I forgot the main char of Abyss' name. ;o

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
Probably Yuri from Shadow Hearts, I think.

If Yuri Lowenthal did Yuri Lowell, that'd be awesome though!
I don't think he did that Yuri either. But I could be wrong, it's been a while.

EDIT: Ah, I see what happened here :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yuri from Shadow Hearts is voiced by Joey Capps, Yuri from Vesperia is voiced by Troy Baker.

Edit: Ah, Luke.

jett

D-Member
Looks kinda terrible.

edit: oh, by the guys responsible for Romancing Saga, Unlimited Saga, and The Bouncer. Now I KNOW it will be terrible. :lol

stotch

Banned
Alaluef said:
Anyone knows who`s doing the character designs?

Yusuke Naora. I don't see FF XII on his resume. I'm hoping for an FF XII alike with multi party battles so I really want to pause and play the game turn-based. Only 360 RPG I'm buying day one so I hope it works out.

Dali

duckroll said:
That was never the case. They said from the day it was announced that it was not the case. It's true that the Conquerer was a character created to appeal to the west, but he was never the main character.

Rush Sykes will appeal to JP gamers, and "The Conqueror" for Western Audiences. Game won't force you to choose which character you play.

I got this from one of the early threads about the game (it wasn't sourced but it's probably Game Informer). It doesn't say anything about who the main character is, but it's easy to interpret that as meaning that you can pick. I suppose with your clarification, now it just means you can move your party members around.

h3ro said:
Jeez, am I the only one who actually liked Advent Children?

Nope, I like it for it was, a spectacular, with anodine plot, fanservice.

Compared to Spirits Within it's a fucking masterpiece.

And this game looks crappy and shitty as hell, I think it's some kind of joke that the first simultaneous release from S-E as a sign of begining to really consider western markets is a such crappy effort....

Zoe

Dali said:
I got this from one of the early threads about the game (it wasn't sourced but it's probably Game Informer). It doesn't say anything about who the main character is, but it's easy to interpret that as meaning that you can pick. I suppose with your clarification, now it just means you can move your party members around.

I read that statement as the game doesn't make you chose between Sykes and The Conqueror.

Blackjack said:
I don't think he did that Yuri either. But I could be wrong, it's been a while.

EDIT: Ah, I see what happened here :D
Despite the cool naming coincidence, Troy Baker voices Yuri in Tales of Vesperia. His most well-known roles are Abel Nightroad in Trinity Blood and Frank Archer in Fullmetal Alchemist.

He hasn't done much in work in gaming apart from Sgt. Baker (amusingly enough) in the Brothers in Arms games.

mjc

It's kinda been on my radar, but I'm not overly excited for it. That might not be a bad thing though because then I can go into it with low expectations.

MrDenny

These characters look a bit awkward imo. Hopefully they turn out to be cool characters though.

1260_0011.jpg

A fish that doesn't need water? Evolution has come a long way.
1260_0009.jpg

Kimahri's brother from another mother.

batbeg

grandjedi6 said:
So is anyone actually hyped up for this game? I'm not really feeling it from the trailer

I'm extremely hyped for it :D Day one, I'm pretty sure. I love the art direction and have obsessively been after every detail released, and it sounds unique enough to be fun (or terrible :lol).

jett

D-Member
batbeg said:
I'm extremely hyped for it :D Day one, I'm pretty sure. I love the art direction and have obsessively been after every detail released, and it sounds unique enough to be fun (or terrible :lol).

You must be like the only one.

h3ro

batbeg said:

IU burned you bad huh... :p

Caelestis

PillowKnight said:
Eh, looks like this game's plot is already set out to be terrible, they're using the "Kidnapped mysterious girl" plot point. So we can now assume that she's a remnant. Which leads me to this question; why can't RPG developers get the story right!?
Yeah, but I bet that there will be a plot twist where you find out that the enemies mistaken her for her brother and that he actually is the last remnant. That would also explain why there is light coming from his chest on the website. Meh...

Nice website, but the more I see of this game, the less I care for it. =(

Rpgmonkey

grandjedi6 said:
So is anyone actually hyped up for this game? I'm not really feeling it from the trailer

Me either...

I'll try to keep an eye on it whenever the full game or a demo is out though.

madhtr

Huh, I feel like I'm the only one that remembers the first trailer for the game that was in English, as well, and featured Johnny Yong Bosch.... Personally, I don't mind his voice, game doesn't look perfect graphically (but it doesn't make the game play bad), and I like the premise of the battles.

Yazuka

Has anything more been said about when the PS3 version will be released?
Since its not coming out on the same time, if I recall right?

Finguo

I am actually quite looking forward to it, but that´s probably because I am a PC-only gamer and we don´t get many JRPGs around here :/. So I hope the PC version comes out this year as well and isn´t going to be a sucky port.

Anyone else buying this for PC?

Llyranor

My present indifference is mostly because they've barely given us any details about the actual combat system/gameplay.

batbeg

Has anyone been able to get the wallpapers working? I can get the first one, but not the other two, and I want that middle one for my background :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yazuka said:
Has anything more been said about when the PS3 version will be released?
Since its not coming out on the same time, if I recall right?

Nope, nothing. Not on the PC version either. Maybe something at TGS. If not then...

Finguo

Morbid Angel said:
Yep but I'll wait for reviews/impressions. I don't have much faith in this title :p

Yeah, me too. I've put it on the buy-list but if it turns out to be a turd I'll spend the money elsewhere. But let's remain hopeful :D .

batbeg

Some new pictures off Famitsu;

ao464x.jpg
2hyw6pw.jpg

1nzin6.jpg
2d6o45i.jpg

2uos76c.jpg
5ma4p4.jpg

dzcztx.jpg

2vcvrx5.jpg

They still don't have the other wallpapers working on the site, as far as I can tell :-\

PSGames

Graphics remind me of Lost Odyssey. They need to release more details on this game, it looks interesting though.

Top Bottom