• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEVEL #34 - reviews Killzone 2, SFIV, Persona 4 and more...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks Oskar, hurr hurr...

zn3ic.jpg

Killzone 2 - 8 / 9
Street Fighter IV - 8 / 9
New Play Control: Pikmin - 7
The House of the Dead: Overkilll - 3
Persona 4 - 10 / 9
World of Goo - 9
Rolando - 8
Fear 2: Project Origin - 7
Lord of the Rings: Conquest - 6
Rise of the Argonauts - 5
Harvest Moon DS: Island of Happiness - 4

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You might wanna edit that, sir!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
poor HOTD. It looked great. :(

And a preemptive "an 8 is a good score".

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
akachan ningen said:
HOTD:O score is surprising? Have you guys played any of the HOTD games?
The trailer looked promising.

Dascu

What on earth? Did they just give it a low score because it's a lightgun shooter or is the game really that horrible?

Shame about HOTD, the game seems to have a really cool presentation style and the way they've presented it has been fantastic. I guess the core game hasn't had the same level of care paid to it as the marketing and visual design.

Awesome score for P4! :D

nib95

Banned
Good scores all around. Killzone 2 seems a tad low based on my play time with it (lowest score for the game yet?), but different strokes for different folks. Can't wait to get my mitts on SFIV. Shame to see Overkill do so poorly, but I never expected it to be AAA.

P.S. With this mag, when there are two scores, is that basically two opinions? Is there a main one that is counted, or are both as valid as each other?

soqquatto

chico said:
so... world of goo is better than killzone 2?! :lol

so... you don't understand review scores?

(world of goo is brilliant and I've heard reports that killzone is not that good anyway)

akachan ningen said:
HOTD:O score is surprising? Have you guys played any of the HOTD games?
House of the Dead are great light-gun shooters. Maybe you don't like light-gun shooters, but that doesn't mean HotD games aren't good.

Wonder if they messed this up or if it's just some kind of anti-light-gun bias.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nib95 said:
Good scores all around. Killzone 2 seems a tad low based on my play time with it (lowest score for the game yet?), but different strokes for different folks. Can't wait to get my mitts on SFIV. Shame to see Overkill do so poorly, but I never expected it to be AAA.

P.S. With this mag, when there are two scores, is that basically two opinions? Is there a main one that is counted, or are both as valid as each other?
If you're referring to a Metacritic or Game Rankings like site, then I believe they include both.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Segata Sanshiro said:
House of the Dead are great light-gun shooters. Maybe you don't like light-gun shooters, but that doesn't mean HotD games aren't good.

Wonder if they messed this up or if it's just some kind of anti-light-gun bias.

This is what I’m wondering. Such a low score is bothersome. I’ve already got the game on pre-order, but I’d like to know what their main issues were, as for fans of the whole light-gun thing the score might go up a couple of points.

Seiken said:
Thanks Oskar, hurr hurr...
Street Fighter IV - 8 / 9
Persona 4 - 10 / 9

Read SFIV as 8 out of 9 and thought 'that's strange that they do the scores out of 9.' Then I read the P4 score and thought, '10 out of 9, wtf?'

Good scores any info on what the negatives were for SFIV?

Dyno

With Killzone and Street Fighter you know 8's and 9's equate to those games being damn good. If you're gaga for both styles of games (like me) then you will personally rate them higher.

The score that concerns me is FEAR 2. What didn't they like about that game to give it a score deep in rental territory?

Yoshichan

nelsonroyale said:
Good to know Killzone 2 is tung recension though
:lol :lol :lol

That means "phat review!", basically

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The more I think about World of Goo, the more I wish I played it before the GOTY voting period.

That was one remarkable game.

FFChris

nelsonroyale said:
what is World of Poo about?

World of Goo.

It's a physics based puzzle game, you build structures out of the goo to reach portals. It's level based, has an awesome artstyle, and is extremely addictive. I'd recommend downloading the demo, it works on most PCs and is a good introduction to the game.

The score that concerns me is FEAR 2. What didn't they like about that game to give it a score deep in rental territory?

A seven is "deep in rental territory"? Thats kinda sad to be honest :(

Anyway the demo is out on all three platforms so... (I have not tried the demo yet)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does nobody have the magazine yet?

3 for Overkill seems so low, especially since hands-on impressions were pretty solid. 3/10 must mean there are some seriously bad game-breaking elements.

Yoshichan

Tenkai Star said:
No "heavy review"
Oh wow :lol I was clearly serious, because "phats" actually a real word.

Stupid.

Top Bottom