• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 2: Among Thieves review (bet you can't guess the score)

http://n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-394102.aspx?CT=2

21/20

:)

The latest edition of the french PSM3 magazine has published the review of the highly anticipated PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Below will find a scan of the rating the magazine has attributed to the title.

21/20: Monstruous.

The conclusion of the test reads [english translation]:

"Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! A new milestone has been reached in the videogame history."

Can't wait for this, been avoiding hype like crazy!!!

30s7vut.jpg

Zzoram

Wario64 said:
Who would trust a 21/20 review? Stupid.

Especially a 21/20 review 2 months before release.

I hope the game is that good since I have a pre-order, but there is no way this review is anything but fanboy gushing.

*Correction - 1 month before release

gcubed

my crushing playthough of U1 begins this week in preparation for U2... but only a 21/20? Thats disappointing

BeeDog

The number looks a bit fake to me, but whatever, most of us already know this will be a must-have game anyway.

what is this? Whats a 21/20? Can someone explain? Uncharted Among thieves? What is that? Never heard of this game in my whole life, is it a movie? Is it for xbox 360?

Calcaneus

I'm really hoping that Uncharted 2 is going to be awesome, but a PSM3 review of 21/20 doesn't really hold much weight for me really.

Were they hars on other PS3 exclusives?

IIRC US PSM gave PS3 exclusives marks that were often quite below metacritic average.
What's the situation with the French magazine?

Moobabe

Tryckser said:
"omg a magazine gave 21/20, so biased, game is max 10/20 now"

Some people here a just stupid...

Who said the game deserves max 10/20? Don't be so defensive. I see you have a killzone avatar, that would explain it.

M3Freak

Banned
I wish I hadn't seen the E3 game play demo where they show
Nathan inside the building while it's falling over
. It was so epic! When I experience that in game, it won't be so epic anymore. :(

I'm banning myself from looking at anymore media of this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
NOW GAF DO YOUR THING!!
Ruin every Uncharted 2 related thread with review bashing and console wars!!
Just waint until the first review with 7 or 8.

ZeroRay

No matter how good a game is, I just can't trust a review that breaks its own scale. Just like the 11/10 some magazine gave to Half-Life 2.
Which was completely accurate btw.

Kittonwy

Banned
Calcaneus said:
I'm really hoping that Uncharted 2 is going to be awesome, but a PSM3 review of 21/20 doesn't really hold much weight for me really.

Why u hoping? Haven't you played the MP beta? It's already awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

AKS

20/20 for a perfect game and +1 for Chloe's perfect ass = 21/20

This breakdown makes perfect sense. What's the problem?

Zzoram

Tryckser said:

:lol Talk about defensive. Nobody said the game is bad, they just don't trust a super early 21/20 review from a mediocre source.

Tryckser said:
I'm confused; where are you seeing that? Since most of the "dissent" in this thread is a mix of the usual trepidation first/exclusive reviews are treated with (especially when the game is over a month out from release) with a bit of "why even have a scale if you're just going to break it when a game you really like comes around?" thrown in for good measure.
Uh...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Fersis said:
NOW GAF DO YOUR THING!!
Ruin every Uncharted 2 related thread with review bashing and console wars!!
Just waint until the first review with 7 or 8.

They are already making gifs right now.

RavenFox

Banned
Who cares about the score? Not me. The game is going to be great without a damn review. It's like people forget the devs and their track record. Anyone getting butthurt about the score should be taken on deck and flogged.

Top Bottom