• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED : Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

MMaRsu

Banned
Mod abuse: Updating OP with info

Unity Post and PR up:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/04/20/captivate_2010:_bionic_commando_rearmed_2

Trailer

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 brings loads of new weapons and attacks, new mechanics, new puzzles, better co-op, and... jumping?

Release Date: Q1 2011
Genre: Platforming
Platform: PSN, XBLA
Rating: Pending
Developer: Fat Shark
Publisher: Capcom
Price: TBD

Capcom unveils the next evolution in 3D side-scrolling action with Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Nathan Spencer returns as the daring elite soldier equipped with special bionic abilities. Spencer will have to face his greatest challenge yet as General Sabio, a new technologically sophisticated foe, is on the brink of launching a deadly missile attack.

Nathan Spencer will make use of his trademark tool – his bionic grappling hook – to grab, swing and leap through series of lush new environments. He’ll be met by plenty of gun-toting soldiers and mechanized threats ready to give him a hostile greeting. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 improves upon the visual achievements of its predecessor with the addition of more detailed character models, textures, and vibrant colors. New player mechanics will add another strategic layer of platforming to the overall experience and the famous bionic arm will be getting a major makeover delivering a more dynamic bionic experience to the player.

Key features:
Sequel to the popular downloadable title on PSN and Xbox LIVE, Bionic Commando Rearmed

New Weapons, attacks and enhancements for the the all-purpose Bionic Arm

New platforming mechanics provides more freedom and challenges. Now the impossible is within your “leap!”

New physics-based puzzles will take the platforming experience to another level

2-player co-op is back and better than ever.

Enhanced graphics and better camera functionality.

All new musical score inspired by NES-era sound effects, produced by the same creative mind behind the original Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack

Cut-scene art designed by cutting-edge art studio Massive Black, whose previously worked on Infamous, Bioshock 2 and,God of War III

-------------------------------

Everything from the PlanetXbox360.com article is absolutely true based on all of our sources and investigating journalism; we do only focus on the games Xbox 360 related but here is a list of most of the stuff Capcom is showing at the event:

Dead Rising 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
<br>Lost Planet 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
<br>Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou (N-DS)
<br>Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (PS3, Wii)
<br>Super Street Fighter IV (PS3, Xbox 360)
<br>"a title that's yet to be announced, but is AAA" (PS3, Xbox 360 - Marvel v Capcom 3)
<br>Bionic Commando 2

Ok so it seems that Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 might be on it's way.. even though the list says Bionic Commando 2, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to make another one of those.

Seeing as MvC3 and Resident Evil Wii had a thread, I figured since this game deserves one as well. Bionic Commando Rearmed was one of the best XBLA experiences ever for me, and the soundtrack is amazing.

What would you guys want to see in Rearmed 2?

MMaRsu said:
Ok so it seems that Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 might be on it's way.. even though the list says Bionic Commando 2, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to make another one of those.

Seeing as MvC3 and Resident Evil Wii had a thread, I figured since this game deserves one as well. Bionic Commando Rearmed was one of the best XBLA experiences ever for me, and the soundtrack is amazing.

To not ruin the series the same way that BC HD did.
I honestly have little faith in whoever Cing is now on this once, considering the reason the original Rearmed was awesome was because it was based on an already awesome game.

yurinka

MMaRsu said:

Same developers, on-line multiplayer and the original game as an unblockable extra.

Bebpo

Banned
How can they make a remake of a game that didn't exist...

Also why would you think Bionic Commando 2 isn't Bionic Commando 2? Sure the first 3d one sold bad and the developers disbanded, but Capcom could give the series another try with a new developer. I mean it was a good game and Bionic 3d has a lot of potential.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bebpo said:
Also why would you think Bionic Commando 2 isn't Bionic Commando 2?
The actual link says Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2.

Bebpo said:
How can they make a remake of a game that didn't exist...
I imagine it'd all be original content like the last level of Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

andymcc

Banned
AceBandage said:
To not ruin the series the same way that BC HD did.
I honestly have little faith in whoever Cing is now on this once, considering the reason the original Rearmed was awesome was because it was based on an already awesome game.

but the best parts about bionic commando rearmed were the albatross, boss battles, and challenge rooms that weren't in the original.

Bleepey

I bought the 1st game and like the multiplayer nut barely bothered with the single player:lol :lol. Hopefully the sequel will have superb netcode as well as online and bot support.

andymcc

Banned
Bleepey said:
I bought the 1st game and like the multiplayer nut barely bothered with the single player:lol :lol. Hopefully the sequel will have superb netcode as well as online and bot support.

:lol

Segata Sanshiro said:
Who would be developing this? GRIN is more dead than Himuro's credibility.

the team that made rearmed just formed a new company.

Nabs

i loved what i played of rearmed. hopefully they get the same people to work on the soundtrack, i really enjoyed the remakes.

andymcc said:
but the best parts about bionic commando rearmed were the albatross, boss battles, and challenge rooms that weren't in the original.
They were definitely the high points, but the whole thing was elevated due to having such a strong game to build up from. Definitely not in terms of audio-visuals, but the NES version of BC was one of those home versions that exceeded the arcade game it was based on because it was just more refined and deeper.

I could dig another BCR, but it would have to do quite a lot more with the design than just more of the same. Personally, I would rather have a remake of the NES Strider...incorporating arcade version aesthetics. A bit rougher than BC on the NES, but still a quality game to base a remake around.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Segata Sanshiro said:
Who would be developing this? GRIN is more dead than Himuro's credibility.
:lol I'm sure it is outsourced to a new eastern european studio.

Gribbix

Nabs said:
i loved what i played of rearmed. hopefully they get the same people to work on the soundtrack, i really enjoyed the remakes.
I'd say it's pretty likely. Simon Viklund was both the creative director and composer on BCR.

CO_Andy said:
STRIDDDDEEEEER

...is what the people want
That or Code Name: Viper (seeing how Namco apparently doesn't give a shit about Rolling Thunder these days and likewise with Sega and Shinobi), or Trojan or Gun.Smoke or Legendary Wings or Little Nemo or Duck Tales or Gargoyle's Quest or Demon's Crest or... Lots of good and solid NES/SNES/arcade games to look at. Strider is still the coolest of all, though.

I think that Bionic Commando HD had some good basic gameplay concepts, that were buried under a metric ton of bullshit. Too bad they'll never get another chance.

JdFoX187

Banned
Call me one of the five people who enjoyed bionic commando HD. I hope rearmed 2is a continuation of the story that ended with some mysterious message in German. There's not much that happened between rearmed and HD except the mission that put Spencer in prison.

hxa155

JdFoX187 said:
Call me one of the five people who enjoyed bionic commando HD. I hope rearmed 2is a continuation of the story that ended with some mysterious message in German. There's not much that happened between rearmed and HD except the mission that put Spencer in prison.

I enjoyed Bionic Commando too, but I think they should just ignore the story and make Rearmed 2 a real sequel, you know. Keep the humor, great music, cheesy lines, red hair, etc.

hxa155

shagg_187 said:
Grin studio is back again and they hinted at a retro/classic game. Won't be surprised if they're taking over Rearmed 2.

They're not Grin anymore, though. They're Might and Delight.

thefil

Rearmed 2 is a great idea. I hope it's happening, and has easy mode from the start for whiny weaklings like myself.

-Winnie-

JdFoX187 said:

I enjoyed it as well, but there were just so many stupid things which kept it from being great. Memories of the goddamn radiation makes me angry just thinking about it.

pmj

As much as I loved BCR the game, my 360 pad just wasn't up for the job. I had to give up on the hardest difficulty as I failed over and over to nudge myself into the correct position during one of the boss fights. But even on normal difficulty the problem is always there, hampering your experience. Incredibly irritating. And totally not the game's fault.

So realistically, what I want is for Microsoft to stop being assholes and let me use my Sega USB pads on my 360. And for the tech issues to be sorted out. Other than that I want more neat levels, collectibles and gameplay modes.

And please, for the love of God, let Simon Viklund be involved in this somehow.

If it's by the same team, a BC:R2 will be amazing. Bionic Commando 3D was a decent game in its own right, but it's a disgrace to the original.

Top Bottom