• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third (Itagaki PS360) announced, debut trailer inside

MrDaravon

Graphically kinda meh. If that was all multiplayer footage (which I kinda doubt) that looks pretty decent. If that was "campaign" footage I hope this is a waaaays off. Aside from that and the lack of women with huge breasts, looks like an Itagaki game. I like the more modern setting, but other than that not a whole lot to go off of yet, hopefully we'll get some more details and footage at E3 proper.

Ah, I see multiplayer confirmation was added from Kotaku to the OP. For a multiplayer game that doesn't look too bad at all.

mello

Watched the trailer again. The gameplay actually looks fun, a nice combination of action and TPS foundations. But it looks like a multiplayer or open world experience, aided with fairly weak visuals. Overall, it's unimpressive.

Speevy

Banned
So does your character have the ability to vault over skyscrapers or is he/she a regular person?

Looks like Nathan Drake caught the zombie plague and went on a rampage.

5064k7.jpg

20jp9w4.jpg

2zy9yqp.jpg

35k0e9j.jpg

washington dc can't get a break this generation

Enk

makes good threads.
A bit mixed on this.

Action wise it looks like it could be frentic and fun, but will it contain the same type of polish Ninja Gaiden's combat system had? Visually I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like a typical modern day action game. It's Itagaki so I'll be giving it a shot.

Actually compared with Platinum efforts (and other Japanese games) Valhalla really give their game a proper western look, so well that it looks like a generic western shooter that plagued this gen, otherwise it looks like it could be really awesome, and closer of what Mikami is trying with Vanquish.

Beth Cyra

Probably won't be a popular opinion but that didn't really look all that awesome to me. I have always felt that Itagaki was overated, granted I love Ninja Gaiden, but between DoA, DoA Ex, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Dragon Sword I really don't buy into the guy's hype.

And frankly the whole shit with Legendary Produce was face palm inducing to me. Like I said I love me some Ninja Gaiden, but legendary? Come on, how the hell is this guy anywhere close to Miyamoto, Wright, Carmack, Gooch or others that have created not only great games but have influenced gaming as whole let alone one genre.

Not only that it was more DMC that created and kicked off the whole action kick that GOW and Ninja would end up following in.

Then again, I am probably insane but I just don't get it.

Dresden

I don't care about the graphics, but the game didn't exactly wow me. Vanquish looks much better.

Although the multiplayer might be interesting.

it looks promising but i got a "i want to be Quentin tarntino" vibe from the trailer and i hope that im wrong because you cant take copy and paste that style or any style for that matter just look at wet

Someone who knows Japanese, translate the fourth question in the Famitsu interview. Itagaki seems to say that the game is only 5-10% finished, but I want to make sure.

Speevy

Banned
Wolves Evolve said:
(slow clap)

Absolutely terrible. Where is this gen going? It feels like my favourite genres are being turned into wastelands.

Been like that for quite some time. Someone in a marketing department thinks the world needs to blow up, then we need to blow it up again, then blow each other up.

Concept17

So that is multiplayer? I can see this being fun if the gameplay holds out...and its multiplayer with say 16 players or so. Everything else was pretty underwhelming.

TruePrime said:
Probably won't be a popular opinion but that didn't really look all that awesome to me. I have always felt that Itagaki was overated, granted I love Ninja Gaiden, but between DoA, DoA Ex, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Dragon Sword I really don't buy into the guy's hype.

And frankly the whole shit with Legendary Produce was face palm inducing to me. Like I said I love me some Ninja Gaiden, but legendary? Come on, how the hell is this guy anywhere close to Miyamoto, Wright, Carmack, Gooch or others that have created not only great games but have influenced gaming as whole let alone one genre.

Not only that it was more DMC that created and kicked off the whole action kick that GOW and Ninja would end up following in.

Then again, I am probably insane but I just don't get it.

Was Dragon Sword really his game? I thought he was a producer, but still DS is the best action game to ever grace a handheld.

And about the Legendary thing, well that's how the guy like to market himself, don't took it to seriously...

The guy look like a Virtua Fighter character and the girl, just like Kokoro. I was expecting other thing, not something like WET done in Japan, but it's only a trailer, I'm gonna wait for real gameplay trailers.

Canova

Banned
Calcaneus said:
Pretty underwhelming trailer, maybe I just didn't know what to expect.

yup totally underwhelming.

when the first time he showed us Ninja Gaiden, I was like GODDAMN!! this is what an action game should be like

nothing like that here

Top Bottom