• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 trailer

Very awesome cinematic. Hard to comment on the game, since there was no game to comment on, but good Star Wars action is always welcome.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It was a gorgeous trailer with a story that made little sense and fairly unoriginal. A fun, mindless action CGI trailer of a game that could potentially have good gameplay with a story that seems like it may be bad.

MechaX

I.. huh. I would have pegged The Force Unleashed to be one of those mediums that really didn't need a sequel for multiple reasons. I also can't help but wonder how much this would wreck the already irrelevant Expanded Universe of this series, but eh.

Good CGI, though.

cacildo

That´s a pretty good trailer...

For a movie.

As for the game... well, if the trailer indicates anything is that boss fights will be QTE fests, just like the first one.

FirewalkR

Ummm... was it all CG? The main character seems so real most of the time, well is he? lol

I mean, I know Blur are awesome but if this is all CG i think it's by far their best work.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
FirewalkR said:
Ummm... was it all CG? The main character seems so real most of the time, well is he? lol

I mean, I know Blur are awesome but if this is all CG i think it's by far their best work.

The CG was really well done, at times I thought the troopers were real. :lol

MechaX said:
I also can't help but wonder how much this would wreck the already irrelevant Expanded Universe of this series, but eh..

Forced Unleashed has it's own adaptations for the expanded universe. The novelization of the first game was MUCH different from what was presented in the game. Same as with Shadows of the Empire, which hugely different from the games presentation. The games are just games, not really taken all that seriously in many cases and the novelizations kinda ignored lot of stuff that was presented in game for "cool factor". Forced Unleashed 2 already has a novelization in the works as well.

And it doesn't matter if it needed or deserved a sequel, the first made shit ton of money... that's all they care about.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
kaskade said:
DISMEMBERMENT. :D

If its in the actual game I could get interested and as long as he stops holding his lightsabers like a douche.

Also, Vader asking Stormtroopers to kill someone? Rookie mistake there. Thats like putting cake in front of a fat kid and asking him not to eat it :lol

The CG action is pretty cool, but I was completely distracted by the lunacy of the premise -- the apprentice is virtually a god, able to kill a legion of enemies at once and take down giant droids with his bear hands... and vader left it to 4 or 5 stormtroopers to execute him? it makes absolutely no sense.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
HorribleJames said:
it makes absolutely no sense.

Im guessing Vader let him go to set up a Battle Royale with him and his Clone Sith... Whoever wins gets to be his new Apprentice.

NameIess

One of the best gametrailers I have ever seen...
I agree it would be cool if they released a movie with this quality.

HorribleJames said:
The CG action is pretty cool, but I was completely distracted by the lunacy of the premise -- the apprentice is virtually a god, able to kill a legion of enemies at once and take down giant droids with his bear hands... and vader left it to 4 or 5 stormtroopers to execute him? it makes absolutely no sense.

I was thinking the same. The more I see of the plot the more ludicrous it is.

NameIess

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Did you ever think Vader may not want him dead...
If he really wanted him dead he would have killed him instead of leaving it up to a couple of flunkies...

MightyKAC

Cool trailer, but it won't mean a damn thing unless Lucasarts learns its lesson from the first game and actually makes this one fun to play.

Pooya

The first one had great trailers too but the game turned out pretty mediocre (euphoria was awesome though), Who's making this game anyway? I thought LA laid off the team when the first one shipped.

NameIess said:
Did you ever think Vader may not want him dead...
If he really wanted him dead he would have killed him instead of leaving it up to a couple of flunkies...

Except he has 50 clones to take his place. And Starkiller himself is a clone.

MAtgS

HorribleJames said:
They were just a diversion so Vader could get the hell away from him.

g35twinturbo said:
again I gotta ask.

Did they model the main character after that star who was in "The Mist" ?
Yep, I think the alleged live action Star Wars show was supposed to star him, too.

Edit: Beaten.

tirminyl

Nice cinematic. I sorta enjoyed the first but just couldn't finish it for some reason. I just lost interest.

I did like the force blast (tk blast) that disintegrated the troopers. Completely reminded me of Jean in X-Men 3 taking out people on the island by telekinetically turning people to "ash".

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
g35twinturbo said:
again I gotta ask.

Did they model the main character after that star who was in "The Mist" ?

Sam Witwer plays Starkiller yo. Face and voice, if I'm not mistaken.

A. I feel so freaking bad for stormtroopers.

B. I hope to god having dual lightsabers is optional, because it has always struck me as a stupid idea. It's like a one way ticket to losing any number of limbs.

One laser sword is enough.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My immediate thought after seeing all the clones was that Vader was essentially implanting memories and staging "escapes" for Starkiller clones.

Rikyfree

rasberryjam said:
A. I feel so freaking bad for stormtroopers.

B. I hope to god having dual lightsabers is optional, because it has always struck me as a stupid idea. It's like a one way ticket to losing any number of limbs.

One laser sword is enough.
I want multiple weapons in this one. Like the dual bladed lightsaber staff that Darth Maul uses, lightsaber batons, lightsaber nunchaku, that kind of thing.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Watching the trailer did not make me excited for the game. Rather, I just became more and more upset at George Lucas and his terrible prequels.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thought that Vader asking stormtroopers to kill a force sensitive was stupid. Almost ruined the whole trailer for me. Then I thought that maybe Vader had other plans for him, but then I realized that most people responsible for writing for Star Wars aren't that clever.

Jibber Hack said:
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thought that Vader asking stormtroopers to kill a force sensitive was stupid. Almost ruined the whole trailer for me. Then I thought that maybe Vader had other plans for him, but then I realized that most people responsible for writing for Star Wars aren't that clever.
I loled pretty hard at the idea of chains containing him, especially when in the last game he ripped a Star Destroyer out of the sky :lol

100 bucks says this version dies too, as they still have to write around the original trilogy.

Top Bottom