• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins: New 2D Rayman game [U-CONF]

rayman1_dos_windows_box550_front_eu.jpg

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwrHV43RR64

Was just announced at Ubisoft e3 event. Looks great. Will post trailer when it becomes available. Discuss!

AniHawk

No Beyond Good & Evil 2 really blows, but Rabbids Time Travel and ESPECIALLY redone Rayman help make up for it. Rayman Origins looks incredible. Can't wait to play it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Best news of the show so far (for me). Looked absolutely stunning. Makes up for lack of BG&E2!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oh, what's this?
TWO seemingly good and new Rayman games?
Ok, well, so the other is a Rabbids game. Still!

tim1138

AniHawk said:
No Beyond Good & Evil 2 really blows, but Rabbids Time Travel and ESPECIALLY redone Rayman help make up for it. Rayman Origins looks incredible. Can't wait to play it.

Is Rabbids Time Travel a platformer like Rabbids Go Home?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'd rather have BG&E 2, but this does look mighty fine.

GWX

Looks insane. Awesome visuals!

I hope it hits not only XBLA/PSN, but also WiiWare and Steam (if it actually is a downloadable title).

FoneBone

GWX said:
Looks insane. Awesome visuals!

I hope it hits not only XBLA/PSN, but also WiiWare and Steam (if it actually is a downloadable title).
http://ubi-art.uk.ubi.com/
Well, to be honest, we would love to release a biiiiiig episode of Rayman Origins this year on HD consoles.
Why in full HD?
Simply because the game already runs in this incredible image format and this really highlights the artist’s work. This doesn’t prevent us from thinking about other consoles but we are a small team so we need to set priorities.

Why episodes?
To release one this year, and because big games take a long time to make, which in turns makes their price high.
With episodes, the price must be proportional to the size of the game, there is no way we are taking gamers for loosers!
Episodes also let us imagine a longer and more developed saga than with a more “classical” format.
Oh yes, and there is a golden rule: the size of each episode and its replayability must be important enough to make the players feel … fulfilled.
No Wii version for the time being, sadly. But they're not ruling it out. Here's hoping for a PC version, at least...

If this don't come also for the Wii (which is the best platform for 2D-3D platformers) the guys at Ubisoft are absolutely insane.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
..................................................whoa..........

Also, need trailer for Rabbids Time Travel. More RGH style gameplay plz :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AniHawk said:
Rayman Origins looks more than incredible, it looked...unbelievable. The beauty of the game really did move me a bit.

Ubisoft just won E3, I don't care what I see now. Nothing will come close. Thankyou Ubisoft for reminding me why I am a gamer in the first place. Wow.

Srsly

Banned
I don't even care how good the gameplay is, i'll play through this game just for the incredible art style. holy shit

Alpha_eX

Jaw dropped, love the art style. Reminds me of when I first played Rayman, so glad it's gone back to roots, 2D and hand drawn.

Co-op is a nice addition, hope this is a full retail title rather than a short XBLA one.

WTF did they do to his character design? Looks great other than that. Sure as hell won't be buying it if they don't get rid of their awful DRM though (assuming it even comes to PC).

Teknoman

AniHawk said:

Yup pretty much, did they say the systems though?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Wow, impressive stuff! Sad we don't see more games like this.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Episodic AND no Wii version because of "artistic vision".

I see it's still about shitting on consumers and pleasing yourselves then. Fuck that shit. The game would still look great in 480i.

Zomba13

vatstep said:
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

THIS LOOKS FUCKING GORGEOUS!
Took the words right out of my mouth (fingers?).
Looks like it could be as good as the 2D rayman. Looks very funny too with the animations and what not.

Too bad. Ubi wisely diverted resources from a sequel to a boring, poorly constructed game in Beyond Good & Evil. And then they put out another installment of even more boring, and hideous looking game in Rayman.

pakkit

Banned
What consoles is this coming to? A PC release would be nice but I'm pipe-dreaming here.

Either way, looks superb. Raving Rabbids was fun, but it wasn't Rayman.

Top Bottom