• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maniaplanet: Nadeo's platform for Trackmania 2/Shootmania/Questmania (E3 Redeemed)

KTallguy

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Where user level creation was happening before bagpeople did it with an awful platformer as a base game.

Shots fired. :lol

I agree that PC means that the tools are easier to use. :)

The M.O.B

I'm surprised more people are not enticed by this. Nadeo has proved the know what they are doing. I cant wait for Trackmania 2 Beta. :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Looks amazing. Nadeo are Gods. I know it is a moot point since the entire focus is on community activities, but UBI's DRM is going to be a major black mark against this game. :'(

ghst

thanks for the laugh
thealamo.jpg

pile in fellas, you better get a gun.

Rainier

Thanks for the thread, my stream crapped out during this part of the conference, forcing my wife to run into the den wondering why I was screaming so loud.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Wallach said:
Ubisoft DRM? Not even if this comes with a USB attachment that would suck me off while I'm playing.

Can't be any worse than the original starforce that came in trackmania. Then again I shouldn't ask for two competing tragedies to befall me.

Link Man

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
On PC, the last bastion of waggle-less gaming. Where user level creation was happening before bagpeople did it with an awful platformer as a base game.
I'm sorry, but is the PC mouse not considered motion-control?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:
Where user level creation was happening before bagpeople did it with an awful platformer as a base game.
Stop hating on real innovation!

Looks fantastic, Have Trackmania sitting on my PC for a while but never got to it yet.

Instro

Yeah this was really the most intriguing thing Ive heard of at E3 so far. Star of the Ubi Conference was clearly Rayman though. :D

Fredescu

Think I'll get them regardless of DRM. I can't watch the video yet, but do we still not know anything more about Shootmania and Questmania? We've known about them for a while I thought.

"Anyone else concerned there is no footage of the other two games?"

This is the first semi-direct feed footage we've got of Trackmania 2 and that was announced last...september? or something like that. All we got then was some offscreen. I'm not surprised if we won't see anything until they get much closer (and Florent from Nadeo has said as much that they won't be showing much until the game's almost out).

Chris R

Interested, but I'll take a wait and see approach. If the DRM is horrible I'll have to pass, and if the creation features for FPS/Quest aren't up to notch I'd probably also pass.

RevoDS

Great games, terrible names.

Yay for new PC games. It seems like the only PC games in the last 5 years were Portal, The Sims and console ports. Oh, and let's not forget expansion packs.

Bananimus

I continue to put an almost shameful number of hours into TMU (in that it often prevents me from playing other games). Naturally, my hype for Nadeo's new shit is boundless.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sounds good but the idea of ubi drm scares me off a little. Good thing they don't come out for freaking ages, gives them a chance to look at non idiotic drm solutions.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
rhfb said:
Interested, but I'll take a wait and see approach. If the DRM is horrible I'll have to pass, and if the creation features for FPS/Quest aren't up to notch I'd probably also pass.

it will all be going through an online portal anyway, making their drm redundant.

Ubisoft's DRM is terrible and all, but with Trackmania, a game that is *all about* online features/community integration...not that big a deal.

Fredescu

RevoDS said:
It seems like the only PC games in the last 5 years were Portal, The Sims and console ports. Oh, and let's not forget expansion packs.
It seems like the only 360 games in the last 5 years were Halo, Gears, and CoD4. Oh, and lets not forget ODST.

Teknopathetic said:
On PC, the last bastion of waggle-less gaming. Where user level creation was happening before bagpeople did it with an awful platformer as a base game.
More importantly, safe from Kotick-oni.

But yea jesus shit did this sound surreal.

Rainier

Teppic said:
I do look forward to TM2, but if there's any weird DRM I'll pass...
Normally I get pissy about DRM as well, but some games I'd make an exception for. TM2 is one of them.

fallout

Teknopathetic said:
Ubisoft's DRM is terrible and all, but with Trackmania, a game that is *all about* online features/community integration...not that big a deal.
I might stomach it, but I've heard a number of horror stories about it fucking over legit users. Maybe they'll have changed their tune by the time the game comes out.

The M.O.B

RevoDS said:
Great games, terrible names.

Yay for new PC games. It seems like the only PC games in the last 5 years were Portal, The Sims and console ports. Oh, and let's not forget expansion packs.

DOUBLE U TEE EFF

FACEPALM

gtfo.gif

Lijik

I was still in a Rayman-induced ghost-shift coma while this was being shown, so I didn't think much of it during the conference

Holy fuck, cant wait :D

Alex

Online DRM for a game with huge online and community functionality isn't anything to raise arms about, IMO. It'd certainly take an interesting mindset to find that objectionable enough to pass on a game like this.

I'm becoming lazy and lax on a lot of DRM though, outside of obvious weird bullshit and anything with an install limit.

Wallach

Alex said:
Online DRM for a game with huge online and community functionality isn't anything to raise arms about, IMO. It'd certainly take an interesting mindset to find that objectionable enough to pass on a game like this.

I'm becoming lazy and lax on a lot of DRM though, outside of obvious weird bullshit and anything with an install limit.

I probably won't buy anything published by Ubisoft until they completely abolish the current DRM system regardless of the type of game it's applied to.

DiscoJer

Alex said:

Online DRM for anything but an online game is well, BS.

I have a laptop I like to play games on. Usually I sit outside, just barely in the range of my wireless router, so it goes in and out.

Yes, I could play it inside on my desktop computer, but that would defeat the purpose of me buying the laptop in the first place. (And no, I can't sit any closer outside, it's the only flat space in my yard, I live on a hill)

Alex

DiscoJer said:
Online DRM for anything but an online game is well, BS.

I have a laptop I like to play games on. Usually I sit outside, just barely in the range of my wireless router, so it goes in and out.

Yes, I could play it inside on my desktop computer, but that would defeat the purpose of me buying the laptop in the first place. (And no, I can't sit any closer outside, it's the only flat space in my yard, I live on a hill)

Fair enough! Even with portables and a laptop, I really play no games outside the house, so it's a lesser concern for me, personally.

Top Bottom