• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ghost Of Sparta - Screens + PR (E3 2010)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
God of War®: Ghost of Sparta
FACT SHEET

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: Ready At Dawn® Studios
Platform: PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PSPgo handheld entertainment systems
Genre: Action-Adventure
Players: Single-player
Launch Date: Fall 2010
ESRB Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending

OVERVIEW
The God of War® franchise has set the bar for the action-adventure genre, selling over 11 million units worldwide and receiving various awards, while enjoying critical acclaim from the videogame industry’s top media. This began in 2005 when Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) Santa Monica Studio introduced God of War, a game that won over a dozen ‘Game of the Year Awards.’ Then in 2007, the award-winning development team introduced God of War II, the second chapter of this sprawling odyssey, followed by God of War III in 2010, the franchise’s first title designed for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system and one that sold over 1 million copies in its first week of release last March.

In 2008, the adventure moved to the PSP® system with God of War®: Chains of Olympus, a game that is currently the highest rated PSP title of all-time on MetaCritic.com with a score of 91. Developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, in collaboration with SCEA’s Santa Monica team, Chains of Olympus has been praised by fans and critics alike as one of the best portable gaming experiences to date.

Now, that same creative team brings you God of War®: Ghost of Sparta for the PSP and PSPgo systems. This new journey picks up after the conclusion of God of War, telling the story of Spartan warrior Kratos ascension to power as the new God of War. Ghost of Sparta will combine intense action, a fresh storyline, stunning graphics, and depths of scale never-before-seen on the portable platform.

STORYLINE

At the end of God of War, the brutal warrior Kratos had defeated Ares and ascended to Olympus as the new God of War. In Ghost of Sparta, Kratos finds that his new powers are not enough to stop the nightmares that continue to plague him. To free himself of the ghosts that haunt his memories, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds and answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly Blades of Athena, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.
– more –
KEY FEATURES

• New Combat & Weapon System: Enhanced melee combat features more in your face action with ‘Combat Rush’, which enables Kratos to pummel enemies to the ground as well as throw them, an augmented death system featuring unique weapon and magic specific deaths, as well as a larger variety of combination, finishing and air-to-air combat moves. Players will also have new weapons to wield such as the Spear and Shield with its fully fleshed out combat tree along with new magical powers for more lethal attacks.

• Bigger Bosses, More Enemies: Ghost of Sparta boasts bigger and more diverse gameplay than Chains of Olympus. This results in exponentially larger bosses, double the enemies on-screen with more diverse behaviors, and new navigation types all of which add to a more engaging and immersive gameplay experience.

• Stunning Visuals: Engine enhancements provide stunning graphics and dramatic camera angles that are coupled with weather effects, depth of field, and higher quality environments to offer visuals that have never been seen before on the PSP system.

• Epic Story: Keeping true to the God of War franchise, Ghost of Sparta provides compelling new adventure for Kratos, one that will go deeper into his past that ever before and answer long-awaited questions about the Spartan warrior.

• Puzzle Solving: As players explore the ancient world, prepare to navigate through a labyrinth of challenging puzzles inter-woven into the story.

• Critically-Acclaimed Franchise: Brought to you by two award-winning development teams, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Santa Monica Studio and Ready At Dawn Studios.

• Enjoy Anytime, Anywhere: Available for the PSP and PSPgo systems, Ghost of Sparta is a blockbuster adventure in the palm of your hand that can be enjoyed on the go, anytime, anywhere!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
• Epic Story: Keeping true to the God of War franchise, Ghost of Sparta provides compelling new adventure for Kratos, one that will go deeper into his past that ever before and answer long-awaited questions about the Spartan warrior.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Game looks fantastic.

faridmon

i am bloody hyped. bloody too hyped. God of War PSP is my favourite game on the PSP and I have 20+ games and played more.

bring it to me Sony:D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
How in the hell are they able to pull of lighting and effects like these on PSP. Yeah, yeah supersampled screens, anyone can see that this is going to look amazing regardless.

Danielsan

Definitely bullshots unless this is coming to the PS3 bundled with Chains of Olympus.
Still 100% sure this game will look gorgeous.

holy shit! looks like GoW2 graphics with simpler model geometry but smoother (read: fuzzier) coating over it all.

im guessing that fuzz is why some are claiming bullshots. i think it will look about the same as these shots but a little less fuzzy and more crisp. (ie: a bit of aliasing but nothing heartbreaking)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
holy shit! looks like GoW2 graphics with simpler model geometry but smoother (read: fuzzier) coating over it all.

im guessing that fuzz is why some are claiming bullshots. i think it will look about the same as these shots but a little less fuzzy and more crisp. (ie: a bit of aliasing but nothing heartbreaking)
notsureifserious.gif

are you talking of the same multi-K-res, downsampled to HD-res shots in the OP that i'm seeing here?

Oh look, another amazing PSP game that somehow gets no attention at all. Game looks awesome as always. The God of War formula simply does not get old.

Spiegel

34q3bqe.jpg

Well it certainly looks like a God of War game. Isn't it supposed to take place between GOW1 & 2 though ? Then why Kratos isn't wearing his "god" outfit ? It's kind of boring that his chara-design just never changes.

Emotions

Nice !!!! this ,Patapon, S-E ,Sega and the niche stuff from Aksys,Nisa,Atlus and XSeed will keep PSP going for a little while more....

Trevelyan

Banned
The bump made me realize I hadn't seen the Gamespot E3 walkthrough. Just saw and gdamn, that was really impressive. Really excited for this as my PSP has been my most played system for the last month.

Top Bottom