• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driver: San Francisco gameplay video

TheThunder said:
The shift thing looks pretty great and original actually.

2010 release ?

The shift thing immediately killed any hope I had for this game during the conference.

"Hey guys, we're going back to our roots with this one! Look how much it's like our first game! Small alleys with trash to run over! And our new feature, SHIFT. You're actually in a coma but don't know it! Bla Bla excuse to use this gimmick bla bla.

Coma powers :lol

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Coma Powers!

I dont know, I was more hoping for a Driver 1 remake then something with shift powers.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The coma shift is pure comedy gold but it certainly is interesting. I like the idea you can take over someone elses seat in the car and live their "mission".

IE Find a cop car who happens to be in a car chase, take over the car and take the bastard down. Maybe you can jump into the bad guys car instead and try take off, that would be awesome :lol

Grayman

mclaren777 said:
The handling doesn't seem quite right. It almost reminds me of Codemasters' terrible pivot model.
I am not very in to driving games anymore because I want everything to have realistic handling

JWong

Banned
Driver made me fall into a coma and shifting into the dream world.

No! I just wanted to say that. The feature is pretty neat. Parasite Eve Third Birthday is using it too. I just wish they didn't bother making up some stupid story for it.

Nafai1123

Banned
I suppose I'm mildly interested in this game since it has a Challenger R/T in it ( Hemi 'Cuda would be better, but whatev) and takes place in SF (where I live).

I don't really get this whole shift mechanic though. Can I shift into my friends body and fuck his hot girlfriend? If so, day 1.

Afrikan

was initially underwhelmed by the graphics at first...I still think back to Reflection's graphics for the o'l PSX with Destruction Derby and the photo realistic...Driver. Great Times back then.

but then the video showed the whole map and damn that is huge, and they even have Marin and some of Oakland.

mclaren777

Grayman said:
I am not very in to driving games anymore because I want everything to have realistic handling
I'm in the same boat. I used to be a huge Gran Turismo fanboy but then I discovered PC racing sims (rFactor, RBR, etc) and never looked back.

Top Bottom