• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood US collector's edition

270671_ceLG.jpg

200894_ceLG.jpg

Priced at $100 and comes with:
The Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box Collectible (exclusive to GameStop customers only) or The Doctor Collectible Jack-in-the-Box (available at all other participating retailers)
Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
Exclusive Art Book
Bonus Disc
-Exclusive Making-of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Video
-Digital Sneak Peak at the Assassin’s Creed Comic
-Trailers
-Game Soundtrack

I haven't seen anywhere else listing this yet, so no pictures of the Doctor jack-in-the-box.

Dennis

Banned
Jack-in-the-box.....for what, like $40 :lol

I want less expensive CEs with Artbooks and high quality Cloth Maps.

All the rest is just some stupid crap that isn't worth five bucks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Actually, all I want is the Jack in the Box.

I might dive in the CE.

They still keep putting exclusive in-game maps and levels in those editions, the bastards. I want to play the full game, but i don't want to buy all those crappy toys and bullshit for kids and gadget-lovers.

farnham

Banned
companies got to stop with these cheesy collectors editions

but then again probably a lot of people buy them (*cough cough* call of duty prestige edition)

[Nintex]

Wait what a jack in the box?

Like when you buy Assassins Creed Brotherhood but you find out it's just the deleted content from Assassins Creed 2.

ghostmind

$100 is too steep for me. I'm willing to shell out an extra $10 for a nice case and some extras, maybe even $20 if the content is really nice (ie. LBP2), but a $40 premium is asking a bit much (ie. the $100 GoW3 empty box).

I fully expect Ubi to also pimp out a $35 harcover guide for this too. The AC2 guide was beautiful, but again this is all too much for one game. Lots of folk will take the plunge though.

Haunted

Assassin's Creed 3, please. I want a proper continuation of Desmond's story. Don't really care about this interim multiplayer bullshit.

in before "then why did you post in here?"

[Nintex] said:
Wait what a jack in the box?

Like when you buy Assassins Creed Brotherhood but you find out it's just the deleted content from Assassins Creed 2.
ice cold

WaltJay

Wario64 said:
$100? Are they insane? What's the MSRP of the regular edition? Full priced game?

Indeed it is.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L8HQ7S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I wonder how angry the graphic designers are that all their cover art is completely ruined by the new 360 branding.

Agree 100%. The old top banner was subtle and didn't take away from the cover art. The new one is so bright and green (and larger in size), it's hard not to notice it.

Ikkarus

15571172%20Large.jpg

EU Edition.

I have a lot of hope pinned on that additional bonus to be something super awesome.
I want the god damn jack in the box! :(

fernoca

Sagitario said:
Was the Complete Edition of ACII ever released in America?
On PC, yep.

Anyway, darn awesome news! :)
And I was wondering in another thread that all the game I have preordered are limited editions, except Brotherhood..because there was no limited edition.

Now I have to go and change the preorder. :D

WaltJay said:
Indeed it is.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L8HQ7S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Agree 100%. The old top banner was subtle and didn't take away from the cover art. The new one is so bright and green (and larger in size), it's hard not to notice it.

actually, also the older 360 game cases didn't go along well with almost any cover and they look even more silly in such stylist CEs.
The white/transparent plastic + black art of the PS3 cases matches almost everything.

(minor detail obviously, but it always shows when they do CE pics of both versions like in the OP)

Rocwell

Came into this thread looking for overpriced CE complete with a stupid trinket. I was not disappointed. :lol

bumpkin

I really hope they don't do the same shit they did with ACII for the soundtrack; a glorified media player on the disc, but no way to actually extract the music to put it in iTunes or anything.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow the Doctor Jack in the Box is way better

but this is all useless shit... except the soundtrack and art book. But not worth $100. Pass.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh cool, they're making some single player content collector's edition exclusive again. Because everyone loves when they do that.

Can't wait until they announced the preorder bonuses.

GQman2121 said:
I can't believe there's three games (and a handheld game) in this series already.

I think there's like three handheld games.

leng jai

ghostmind said:
That'll be in the $35 guide.

For the first game they actually had a separate full size art book that was bundled with the guide. It was exceptionally good and what of the best artbooks I own. As far as I know the second game didn't get the same treatment, instead just getting a tacked on art section at the back of the guide.

fernoca

Well, is just an extra $40 for the:
  • Jack in the Box
  • Artbook
  • Map
  • Bonus DVD
  • DLC Maps
The game by itself costs $60.

KevinCow said:
Can't wait until they announced the preorder bonuses.
That was announced months ago.
Basically just skins for multiplayer, different skins depending on were you preorder (Gamestop's is the same character as the Collector's Edition).

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I wonder how angry the graphic designers are that all their cover art is completely ruined by the new 360 branding.

I am not the graphic designers and I am angry looking at the new 360 banner. It's really ugly and chep looking. Seriously I am not sure who MS got to design all their latest product packagings but they are all pretty atrocious looking (not to mention lack of any theme amoung all the MS products.

Top Bottom