• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 |OT| For 360, James? No... For Wii

nbpt2h.jpg
1zq681d.jpg

25qtcom.jpg
nf4m14.jpg

iyfus3.jpg

dh4msh.jpg

2945p2c.jpg

1y38u1.jpg

6qcjl2.jpg

hsp53r.jpg

16i83n.jpg
zlvymf.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So soon?

Damn. I've been following this one, I am interested and it looks like a quality product but if it has absolutely no resemblance to the game that inspired it, I might have to pass. I was a bit bummed to see this sort of become Call of Duty: Goldeneye instead of the straight remake I wanted, but if it can capture even a little bit of what made Goldeneye so good it'll be hard to resist.

want that CC pro gold, btw

Amazing thread title and GIF. Funny but the point is ultimately depressing. What could have been...

Hope this is at least decent.

Anyone else buying more than one of the CE just for the gold controllers? :lol

edit: Oh yaaaa (just thought it'd be more glossy, like the black, and white I believe, CC Pro)
24nguh1.jpg
2nbzz3m.jpg

Amneisac

This is my favorite Bond movie of all time, and even if this game is amazing, I can't forgive its bastardization of the film.

I fully acknowledge it isn't the best Bond film, but it came out when I was just ripe for a good bond film, and of course the awesome N64 made the whole experience better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Loved Extraction, but was very cynical about this project when it was announced. First reveal trailer was balls, and the game still looks a bit too much like 'Call of Goldeneye' for my likings (mostly the multiplayer).

However, the videos of the single player on IGN, the huge production values, the 'classic' health mode, and the objectives tied to difficulty levels, have made me do a turn around and I'll now be buying day 1.

Disguises

Going to have to pick up the Limited edition bundle for the Gold controller
as long as the German version is uncut and in English.

Nice title and gif btw :D

:lol

I thought this game had another month to go, than I see it's available in that Target ad and now I see it's not even out yet.

Anyways, I'm in for it because like all of you I loved the N64 version, this one looks great, and I want that controller.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Let's hope that the Wiimote controls are solid. If I'm gonna be buying an FPS for Wii, I don't want to use a damn dual analog controller, I can do that elsewhere.

I'm also hoping that the Facility level will be as awesome as it was on the 64. I wanna blast some scientists.

Great title. If i'm lucky i might get my copy within a 1 or 2 days. Looking forward to playing this later.

I heard Boris isn't in the story anymore, any chance he'll still be in the multiplayer? That was my guy, it just wouldn't be the same playing as random guy #27.

Edit: Amazing thread title.

This game looks really good. Eurocom is the developer right? They made TWINE and Nightfire, they know their Bond.

Regen health in 3 of 4 difficulties is troubling, but I'm guessing none of the stages can be blown through in 45 seconds like the GE stages.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jetsetfluken said:
Ohh boy, you just ruined the hype that this thread was going to have for this game.

Yeah, I'm still looking forward to trying out GoldenEye Wii, but to think of what could have been...

oh well, I guess I shouldn't want what I'll never have

Ugh, thread title is funny, but not a good choice. I wouldnt be surprised if half the posts initially start port begging and/or console war bickering...

Chemo

I don't own a Wii and don't really have any interest in this game, but the thread title KILLED me. Fucking hilarious.

Snuggler said:
Yeah, I'm still looking forward to trying out GoldenEye Wii, but to think of what could have been...

oh well, I guess I shouldn't want what I'll never have

I was thinking...isn't it entirely possible for the fans to "remake" the N64 version by essentially using the ROM as a base and re-texturing/upscaling, etc? Much like SEGA and 2D Sonic, it's fruitless sitting around and waiting for the official product to measure up to expectations, when fan talent is right there.
I'm pretty sure I've seen some multiplayer PC mods based off them GE007 N64 maps already. But I'm talking all the single-player levels.

Still probably wouldn't compare to the work that was already done on GE007 360...the dam stage looked gorgeous...amazing re-texuring (look at the detail on the background elements!) and sharpness. So depressing this material is never going to be published. I'd pay to just play the Dam level on that build.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol Thread title.

I really don't have too much interest in this, but I'll probably pick it up when it's $20. Can't hurt, my Nintendo does need more games that aren't "Trauma (blank)." :lol

nyong

Banned
Wow! Just watched the first level demonstration...I'm pretty impressed. The production values look ace, and I love the slo-mo breaching through doors. Hopefully there's a fair bit of gadgetry and optional side-mission stuff, my favorites elements from the first.

Garryk

The two best thread titles I have read this year are parodies of Sean Bean quotes (this and the LOTRO going F2P). Well done.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I can't believe I'm actually excited for a Wii FPS. Intro theme fucking sold me on the spot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RIP Actual Goldeneye. HD, 60fps locked, no aliasing. *sigh*

Maybe I'm crazy, but the thing I'll miss most from the 64 game is the soundtrack. Those kind of upgrades are nice, but I would have been happy with a remake that was 16:9 with updated controls on the Wii. Wii controls alone would make the remake worthwhile for me.

The OST was so good. So many mammories. <3

but I suppose it's unfair to put this up against the nostalgia of Goldeneye 64. It looks like a solid game on it's own.

I might pick this up. Loved me some goldeneye back in the day.

:lol @ the thread title. I thought it would of been something like "Waggled, Not Stirred"

Kibbles

Snuggler said:
but I suppose it's unfair to put this up against the nostalgia of Goldeneye 64. It looks like a solid game on it's own.
True. I think this will be it's own good game, with hints of nostalgia, but anyone expecting to be playing a reincarnation of the original is not going to be too happy.

I'm going to give this game a rental, haven't used my Wii in a while, should be fun :)

Kaldea

I fucking love the thread title. :lol +1

I don't care for Daniel Craig as Bond for this, but I'll still buy this out of nostalgia/fun factor. I hope it will be as enjoyable as the original.

Top Bottom