• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF CRIBS Thread: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Excuse the early posting but I know no one would want to post in a thread about to expire in a couple days, so here's an early start to 2011. Onkel made an awesome thread last year but unfortunately it didn't get too many posts. Please post your cribs! Whether you got a ballin' crib, a cozy crib, a modern crib, a ghetto crib, it's all good. Subscribe to this thread so we can get a community going where we can help people style up their cribs with advice.

2010 Edition

Here is my crib (it's a small apartment in Vancouver BC). Please let me know if you have any advice to make it look better and please post pictures of your apartment/dorm/house/etc.

o0A9V.jpg

ZlvJv.jpg

h38dx.jpg

xRXVJ.jpg

pRfsO.jpg

jgKrI.jpg

UjhpO.jpg

Vhz2A.jpg

5WBr1.jpg

AjhSP.jpg

Here is the views from my balcony:

dhWBB.jpg

0D503.jpg

t7Cfe.jpg

Jacobi

Banned
Where do you live? And how can I live there too?

The view is fucking nice. I'd watch the hell out of it

Danielsan

Tabris, perhaps you don't want to share that kind of information how much rent do you pay?
Maybe it will be a nice kick in the butt for me to start putting in more work because my god I'd love an apartment like that.

Ettie

Glad you started this one too Tabris. If Whitta, Regs, and Chittagong could all grace us with their glorious setups that would be grrrrreat.

Tabris

Yep, it's in Vancouver BC. Right next to Rogers Arena and BC Place. Someone else post their pictures of their apartment/house/crib/bedroom/basement suite/whatever please :)

Danielsan said:
Tabris, perhaps you don't want to share that kind of information how much rent do you pay?
Maybe it will be a nice kick in the butt for me to start putting in more work because my god I'd love an apartment like that.

A little bit under $2000 a month for 850 square feet, but it's really costly living in Vancouver.

Relative to your income minus whatever loans (car, student, etc) and insurance you have to pay, how steep is that? I mean do you still find you can live comfortably, or does each check get swallowed whole? Seems like a beautiful place, but not exactly easy to come by.

What allows me to afford that rent is I don't own a car (downtown, everything is 5 minutes away and I'm right next to the skytrain for commute to work).

ngower

Relative to your income minus whatever loans (car, student, etc) and insurance you have to pay, how steep is that? I mean do you still find you can live comfortably, or does each check get swallowed whole? Seems like a beautiful place, but not exactly easy to come by.

I can't wait to move to the city (Boston likely, though SF and NYC are options) when I graduate.

My new roommate and I are planning some really amazing things for our room next semester. If they come to fruition, I'll post some pics later in the year (2011).

No way in hell am I posting pics of my two bedroom apartment yo. Imma let my gaf brothers from the UAE post some shit in here on my behalf yo.

Danielsan

Tabris said:
Yep, it's in Vancouver BC. Right next to Rogers Arena and BC Place. Someone else post their pictures of their apartment/house/crib/bedroom/basement suite/whatever please :)

A little bit under $2000 a month for 850 square feet, but it's really costly living in Vancouver.

What allows me to afford that rent is I don't own a car (downtown, everything is 5 minutes away and I'm right next to the skytrain for commute to work).
My god. Yeah that's never going to happen for me unless I really get my act together. Amazing place and view man, I'm ridiculously jealous.

Tabris

Instead of waiting for someone else to post, get out your camera or digital camera and take some pictures guys!

CrankyJay said:
It sure is. Got any night pictures?

balconyviewnight.jpg

OP: What kind of bedframe is that? Platform? Where'd you get it?

Malm bedframe from Ikea.

What makes it lifeless? I'm curious, not offended in any way. Is there something I can do to make it more lifefull without removing the modern/clean look?

Lets see more cribs! I need some ideas for my own newly purchased home. Our old apartment furniture looks weird in the house.

MetalAlien

Banned
Tabris said:
What makes it lifeless? I'm curious, not offended in any way. Is there something I can do to make it more lifefull without removing the modern/clean look?

Modern and clean is the style you like. Don't mind me. I just don't like living in a place where I'm afraid to touch anything or mess something up. Needs a Gwar poster thrown in there just to liven things up.

Cheshire

Makes me sad. I rent a couple of rooms at a harness racing stable. Shared bathroom, laundry and kitchen. It's on about 20ha, home to about 30 race horses. Budget, 2nd hand furniture... etc. No photos.

sarcastor

i live in a dirty old ass apartment in Nob Hill, San Francisco. Hopefully I'll be moving in two months to some place as sweet as Tabris. Although I would have to pay like $4,000 in rent per month :(

this is my current, crowded-ass living room with a 4 year old DLP. Notice the room is half painted with green cause i was too lazy to finish it :)

img0005kv.jpg

Tabris

Cosmic Bus said:
They're from a copy of Cover Story and go all over the two adjoining walls, as well.

Can you show pictures of that so we can see what it looks like? I may want to do this to my office.

wait...do you have wireless HDMI or something?

I cut out (and installed an open faceplate) a small portion of the drywall behind the TV and behind the tv stand, and ran the cables between the drywall and the wall from my a/v receiver in the tv stand to the tv.

Zilch

Banned
ha, i thought you accidentally included a pic of an office waiting room (photo #5). :lol

nice place though, seriously.

Cause it's like that, and that's the way it is.

Bought the house a year ago... Most of these pictures are pretty old now, but honestly not that much has changed.

Outside
cewuL.jpg

Living Room
HeC1b.jpg

T3x69.jpg

xSxKw.jpg

New Coffee Table
ZUSsE.jpg

Kitchen
yejem.jpg

Spare Room
xbXZE.jpg

tcQDT.jpg

Random Picture
k0mlJ.jpg

The Den
mCKOM.jpg

xzTVi.jpg

I need to take pictures of our room and the other spare room...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Tabris said:
Can you show pictures of that so we can see what it looks like? I may want to do this to my office.

IMG_2553.jpg

I'll add more to it as I come across interesting pictures in magazines or wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom