• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales From Space: About A Blob |OT|

kassatsu

Banned
logo.jpg

info.png

• Platform: PSN
  • Developer: Drinkbox Studios
  • Genre: Physics Platformer
  • Release Date: Feb. 01 (NA - PS+) | Feb. 08 (NA) | Feb 09 (EU)
  • Price: $14.99 | (€11.99 / £9.99)??
  • Demo: Yes
  • Rating: E | PEGI 7
  • http://www.aboutablob.com/

features.png

• Different Abilities: Absorb, Expel, Magnet, Electricity
  • 2 Player local co-op
  • 17 different levels each with a speed run time
  • Absorb your surrounds to grow larger!
  • Online leaderboards, trophies, PlayStation Home rewards

previews.png

images.png

6.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

videos.png

reviews.png

bringit.png

youcantseeme.jpg

1.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And this topic will likely get significantly more traffic due to people clicking it thinking the Tales of Graces thread already got some silly renaming.

Looks like an enjoyable game, I just hope they can manage to make co-op online also. Wonder if it will come to anther platform.

kassatsu

Banned
Drkirby said:
Looks like an enjoyable game, I just hope they can manage to make co-op online also. Wonder if it will come to anther platform.
It was made with help from Sony's pub fund, so I doubt it.

dream

I actually came in thinking it was a new A Boy And His Blob...

Looks cool though. Hope there's enough content to justify that price point.

V_Ben

Banned
Drkirby said:
And this topic will likely get significantly more traffic due to people clicking it thinking the Tales of Graces thread already got some silly renaming.

Pub Fund I think.

Also, the game is completely wonderful. Buy it please :)

kassatsu

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
This is a pretty fun game. I only wish it was 10 but it's very polished.
Maybe there will be free dlc down the line. It might be a tough sale for some, but I think you get your $15 worth.

Bizzyb

Banned
Drkirby said:

Actually I thought it was about a Boy and His Blob

DireStr8s

very fun game. challenging gameplay & a cool, light hearted presentation. would've been better priced @ $10 but i ain't too salty.

Lijik

Bizzyb said:
Actually I thought it was about a Boy and His Blob
Same.
Is a blob central to Tales of Graces? Why would people think this title had anything to do with that game beyond "Tales"? Its like saying "All of those Tales from the Cryptkeeper fans sure are gonna be disappointed when they click on this!!", it just doesn't make any sense.

kassatsu

Banned
cracksmith said:
Kassatsu, tried beating your level 1 speed run a couple of times yesterday.. Missed it by 1 second .. Shit you're fast
I saw you got 1:40 so I decided to shave a few more seconds off :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nice GFX, will have to check out the demo at least... I've been ignoring PSN lately for some reason (maybe b/c I have so many excess MS points).

Thought it was a new Boy and his Blob game coming out. Definitely interested in it. I'll have to download the trial next time I hook up my PS3.

mclaren777

I met these guys at PAX and really enjoyed playing with them.

I'll buy this game once my backlog thins out a little more.

DireStr8s

well it looks like i didn't pull out my hair collecting 100% of those damn dots for nothing. i spent them all on costumes for my blob to wear while i scream myself hoarse trying to nail the speed runs.

ShogunX

Wow sad to see the lack of posts in this thread.

Anyway is there a way of getting the blob buddy on top of the tree at the end of Suburbs level 1 on your first play-through or do I get some kind of new ability later on?

Noogy

Wow, I never knew there was an OT for this. I've been thinking about biting on the current sale, and the Giant Bomb quicklook gave me perhaps the biggest laugh I've ever had (Vinnie and Ryan trying to navigate a room, Vinnie getting stuck, etc).

nexen

Noogy said:
Wow, I never knew there was an OT for this. I've been thinking about biting on the current sale, and the Giant Bomb quicklook gave me perhaps the biggest laugh I've ever had (Vinnie and Ryan trying to navigate a room, Vinnie getting stuck, etc).
There is a demo, give it a try. It is a great game by a great group of guys.

Top Bottom