• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Fimbulvetr said:
So the "upgrade" was to the world's biggest jawline or the clingy reptilian jailbait?

Thank god I waited for Ashley.

Xenophobes with fake tits are the true prize.

Vamphuntr

Patryn said:
Don't know. All we know is that exploration will be different than it was in either ME1 or 2.

If the attack starts at the beginning of the game I wonder how you will be able to afford exploring the universe while the earth is burning.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Vamphuntr said:
If the attack starts at the beginning of the game I wonder how you will be able to afford exploring the universe while the earth is burning.

It says you escape to the Normandy.

Hopefully with nobody to report to those 'MISSION FINISHED GOOD JOB TEAM' screens will disappear.

Gravijah said:
i will support your anti-miranda crusade if you take back what you said about tali

"Oh Shepard, I've secretly always loved you. Even though you played an asshole Renegade, refused to give me that thing for my pilgrimage, and are blander than the mostly featureless, sterilized rooms on the Flotila."

Okay, I played a Paragon and gave her the thing, but still.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
It says you escape to the Normandy.

Hopefully with nobody to report to those 'MISSION FINISHED GOOD JOB TEAM' screens will disappear.

...unless some new organization helps you escape.

DUN DUN DUN

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
...unless some new organization helps you escape.

DUN DUN DUN

Intergalactic Lesbian Alliance?

EatChildren

DaBuddaDa said:
But...Shepard is god. Oh god.

No, this is God.

829px-Niftucal.png

OMG I neeeeeeeeeeed this game.

No multiplayer? HELL YES.
Weapons mods and upgrades? HELL YES.
Squadmates returning (Ash!!!) HELL YES

I was wondering when Ash would finally let her hair down!! WOOOO YEA :)

Gravijah

Throughout ME3, BroShep will have weird pains in his stomach. Slowly, it will begin to grow and expand.

Within his tummy lies the key to the universe.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
So the "upgrade" was to the world's biggest jawline or the clingy reptilian jailbait?

Thank god I waited for Ashley.

I like Ashley (as a character) but she is not exactly girlfriend material. Of course, her only competition are Liara and Miranda...

Angry Fork

Patryn said:
Don't know. All we know is that exploration will be different than it was in either ME1 or 2.
Am already disappointed. "Different" this gen almost always exclusively means worse.

Even though the exploration in ME1 wasn't perfect, that's what I much prefer. It was lots of fun for me and part 2 really ruined the Mass Effect 'experience' for me by taking out the experience and replacing it with linear cover shooting bs.

I want to actually go out with a vehicle and find stuff, go over mountains and on the other side you see a group of people waiting to ambush you, or finding a secret transmission and then you have to go to another planet to find out where it came from etc. that stuff is so much fun to me.

It reminds me of Bioshock's audio tapes where each tape had it's own storyline and the more tapes you got the more you learned about the characters. I want planets in Mass Effect to share similar stories, of past civilizations that used to be there, and remnants left behind that you're able to dig up and figure out what happened and so on. It's fascinating to me but Bioware doesn't seem to care about something like that at all.

Lothars

Angry Fork said:
It reminds me of Bioshock's audio tapes where each tape had it's own storyline and the more tapes you got the more you learned about the characters. I want planets in Mass Effect to share similar stories, of past civilizations that used to be there, and remnants left behind that you're able to dig up and figure out what happened and so on. It's fascinating to me but Bioware doesn't seem to care about something like that at all.

That was the best part of ME1 exploration because driving in the Mako wasn't that fun when it took forever to get around some obstacles but who says it won't be better and them saying it's different doesn't automatically mean it will suck because if you think that your already discounting ME3 without seeing much about it which makes no sense to me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Guys can we not turn this thread into bioware social? Soon someone is gonna post Tali fap art and then we will all be swallowed by the earth as punishment.

scarybore

Kaidan looks like such an epic douche, I like his armour though.

Yeah, I hate them with a pure, irrational rage. I will be glad to see them gone.

EatChildren

HK-47 said:
Guys can we not turn this thread into bioware social? Soon someone is gonna post Tali fap art and then we will all be swallowed by the earth as punishment.

I thought it would be funny to Google some foul Tali shit and post it.

But then I Googled and felt sad :(.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually liked the Mission Complete statements. The Cerberus POV in them was pretty entertaining and it felt kinda like a debriefing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EatChildren said:
I thought it would be funny to Google some foul Tali shit and post it.

But then I Googled and felt sad :(.

Its all fun and games until someone googles mass effect with safe search off. Dont let it happen to you or your loved ones.

Angry Fork

Lothars said:
That was the best part of ME1 exploration because driving in the Mako wasn't that fun when it took forever to get around some obstacles but who says it won't be better and them saying it's different doesn't automatically mean it will suck because if you think that your already discounting ME3 without seeing much about it which makes no sense to me.
I'm just saying it because everytime for every major franchise this gen i've been wildly disappointed by that word. It has always meant dumbing down or changing for the worse, but they can't say that openly so they say 'different'.

And to be honest it's mainly because I was so jaded from ME2. ME2 was a good game but for me it was just nowhere near what ME1 made me feel like. ME1 felt like a real space odyssey of exploration and wonder, both when it comes to story and planet exploration. It felt like it was trying to do everything, and ME2 was supposed to improve on the things ME1 didn't perfect.

But ME2 had ...none of that, at all. ME2 had cool characters and better combat but I don't really care about whether the game plays better or not, I care about why i'm playing. I don't want more of ME2, but because it sold gangbusters and everyone and their mother claims ME2 is the best thing since sliced bread now there's no reason for Bioware to change anything. They can just make an ME2 expansion pack with bigger set peices and more oddly-placed-cover-boxes around every corner and everyone will drool over it just because Mordin and Thane are cool characters, or because you can fuck people up more with big powers/weapons.

ME3 will obviously be a good game, but I'm cautious about what kind of 'Mass Effect' game it will be. With the first Mass Effect I feel like Bioware set a precedent as to what the Mass Effect franchise should be, and they should've built on that instead of built sideways/backwards or whatever the hell they did. I bet if you asked Bioware what they think of ME1 they'd say it was a mistake because it tried to reach too high, but that's what you're SUPPOSED to do as a top-teir developer. For me, a somewhat flawed ME1 is better than the polished ME2, because ME1 offered so much more cool, interesting stuff and promised so much more.

Also sorry for typing up so much/raging. I know everyone has heard these complaints already so i'm just preaching to the choir but I felt like saying it anyway.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Gravijah said:
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/electronic-arts/bioware/masseffect3/may2011cover1280.jpg

this art has suddenly become very relevant to the topic at hand

Go Reapers. Kill them all.

Please...

Vamphuntr

EatChildren said:
Intergalactic Lesbian Alliance?

Did Bioware ever explain why the male Shepard can't be gay? Meanwhile Female Shepard can date females, a space velociraptor and a giant fish and Male Shepard can date some kind of alien living in a spacesuit.

I remember some kind of third person narrative explanation but their own Dragon Age II proved that this is somewhat bullshit.

Mindlog

Now this thread is getting awesome.

WanderingWind said:
EDI takes over Legion's body.
Is now romancable.
Awesome.
S: Legion, be honest with me. Why did you really repair yourself with my armor?
L: There was a hole.
S: You mean... (Sheppard advances) There is a hole.
and scene

Quick, someone ask what widely available hand lotion most smells and tastes like Tali.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Vamphuntr said:
Did Bioware ever explained why the male Shepard can't be gay? Meanwhile Female Shepard can date females, a space velociraptor and a giant fish and Male Shepard can date some kind of alien living in a spacesuit.

I remember some kind of third person narrative explanation but their own Dragon Age II proved that this is somewhat bullshit.

Because the whole cast wasnt bisexual. Thats the only way it can work.

Snuggler, you are really pushing it.

EatChildren

Vamphuntr said:
Did Bioware ever explained why the male Shepard can't be gay? Meanwhile Female Shepard can date females, a space velociraptor and a giant fish and Male Shepard can date some kind of alien living in a spacesuit.

Nope. There was talk that Mark Vanderloo is a massive homophobe and refused to let his likeliness be used for a gay character, but that's housewife gossip magazine levels of grapevine.

Psi

Snuggler said:
If it's against the rules to link to this horribly NSFW drawing of Wrex, I'll take it down, but you have to see this.

Oh dear god I shouldn't have clicked on that.

I thought Krogan had 4 testicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom