• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyonce "4" Album |OT| Coming for your fave's wigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
35d6o2x.jpg

3rec9.jpg

nmyjco.jpg

2qcngh0.jpg

6qgldl.jpg

k83o5.jpg

339t5c8.jpg

DMczaf said:
What happens when Gaga, Britney, and Beyonce fanboys meet on the street?
You'd have an ONTD! meetup where the only form of communication happens via catchphrases and cardboard cutouts of macros and animated gifs.

Koodo

Banned
Listening to the album right now and "I Care" and "I Miss You" were great. I listened to "Best Thing I Never Had" before and enjoyed it too, so the album so far seems like Adele's 21 except not boring.

What a shame that Run The Bubbling Under closes the album though.

Sammy Samusu said:
That one is a leak thread. /excuse
Yours is also infinitely much better so I'd say this is a worthy expropriation.

Y'all should give a listen to this costumer call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyAFd_QuXhc

Beyonce stan going AWF on Target because her digital copy was not delivered in time. LMAO

This bitch kills me @ 22:00. Julius is Beyonce bodyguard. *dead*

Koodo said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/r9oakl.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]fabulous op though, omg[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Thanks! But who is the gerl in your avatar?

[QUOTE=Equus Bellator Apex]I like to party[/QUOTE]
Only here for Andre 3000 collabos! YAAASS!

Koodo

Banned
wow, Party is such an enormous flop that I feel compelled to make a post just to divulge how much of a flop that song is.

Also,

Souldriver said:
You'd have an ONTD! meetup where the only form of communication happens via catchphrases and cardboard cutouts of macros and animated gifs.
2wntqi0.jpg

Are you going to repeat this in every thread? No even a panini is this pressed.

Koodo said:
wow, Party is such an enormous flop that I feel compelled to make a post just to divulge how much of a flop that song is.

Also,

2wntqi0.jpg

Are you going to repeat this in every thread? No even a panini is this pressed.
I've mentioned ONTD exactly 2 times. Shocking! My post in this thread was not mean hearted, and ironically not even far off from reality considering you decided to reply with *gasp* an animated gif and the "pressed hater" catch phrase. :p

daffy

Banned
Ehhh, not for me I guess... didn't like any song.

Thanks for the link to the full preview album site though, OP :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
I listened to the previews, and I have to say that Run the World is my favorite song of the bunch, which is saying a lot. I'm not sure if I just dislike Beyonce at this point, but I really am not liking this album.

Hopefully Kelly's album is all in the vein of Motivation, cause that, I could listen to.

Kamille

This is the first Beyonce album I've really sat down and listened to extensively, and it's quite good. Liking it more, the more I listen to it. Standouts for me are 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had, Start Over, Countdown and End of Time.

DMeisterJ said:
Hopefully Kelly's album is all in the vein of Motivation, cause that, I could listen to.
I've liked When Love Takes Over, Commander and Motivation. So if those songs are any indication of Rowlands album, I'm gonna have to check it out.

Koodo said:
Listening to the album right now and "I Care" and "I Miss You" were great. I listened to "Best Thing I Never Had" before and enjoyed it too, so the album so far seems like Adele's 21 except not boring.

What a shame that Run The Bubbling Under closes the album though.

Yours is also infinitely much better so I'd say this is a worthy expropriation.
Well, she was inspired by Adele and Florence. Also, here is one of the reasons why the album is more on the love side.

quote_3.jpg

But I have seen girls poppin their pussies to Run The World, End Of Time and soon, Countdown.

I'm very happy with the final product! And most consumers are too, right now it's sitting at the top of iTunes worldwide chart.

Souldriver said:
I've liked When Love Takes Over, Commander and Motivation. So if those songs are any indication of Rowlands album, I'm gonna have to check it out.
I see you want that club banger, this one is for the ones in love.

Koodo

Banned
I just finished listening to the standard edition and may have to take back the barb I sent towards Adele. It's just a good album, and what baffles me the most now are the claims of being a risky album. Are we really calling not adhering to the (dying) Eurodance trend a risk? Beyoncé may not have put out such a ballad-heavy album before, but there's nothing here that breaks new grounds, sonically, for her. I don't get it.

Great
I Care
I Miss You
Best Thing I Never Had (*my favorite)

Just OK
1+1
Rather Die Young
Start Over
I Was Here (*love the production though)

Messy
Love On Top
Countdown
End of Time

Would Not Be Out Of Place On Bionic
Party

I'm pulling (Not) Run The Charts out of the rankings because I inexplicably enjoyed it a lot this time, and also because it deserves special merit anyway for being the most hype deflating single of the year.

Sammy Samusu said:
I see you want that club banger, this one is for the ones in love.
Exactly.

In the other 4 thread I already stated that me not liking the album doesn't say anything about the quality of the album. It's just that the music style she chose for this album (soul, r&b and lots of power ballads) are not really my thing.

Koodo said:
I just finished listening to the standard edition and may have to take back the barb I sent towards Adele. It's just a good album, and what baffles me the most now are the claims of being a risky album. Are we really calling not adhering to the (dying) Eurodance trend a risk? Beyoncé may not have put out such a ballad-heavy album before, but there's nothing here that breaks new grounds, sonically, for her. I don't get it.

Great
I Care
I Miss You
Best Thing I Never Had (*my favorite)

Just OK
1+1
Rather Die Young
Start Over
I Was Here (*love the production though)

Messy
Love On Top
Countdown
End of Time

Would Not Be Out Of Place On Bionic
Party

I'm pulling (Not) Run The Charts out of the rankings because I inexplicably enjoyed it a lot this time, and also because it deserves special merit anyway for being the most hype deflating single of the year.
Lord is testing my soul right now, but I'll not fall for the trick of the devil.

Koodo

Banned
Sorry, that's how it is.

6xpuv6.jpg

Would still see her perform though, so at least she'll have tickets sales unlike Tacky Perra and Rihfund.

Koodo said:
Sorry, that's how it is.

http://i54.tinypic.com/6xpuv6.jpg[IMG]

Would still see her perform though, so at least she'll have tickets sales unlike Tacky Perra and Rihfund.[/QUOTE]
She performed a few times in France this month, all sold out concerts. You betta go out an buy those tickets girl.

By the way, she's performing in Central Park, July 1st. It's free to attend and part of the GMA Summer Concert series.

Rihanus is not allowed in this thread, reported.

Satch

Banned
I think what's considered a risk varies from artist to artist, but in the big picture, it consists of not "selling out" (whatever the hell that means, these days) to what's hot right now.

It's either do what's widely popular or stay true to yourself, and she chose the latter. I can definitely say, without a doubt, that I respect that.

(I've also been hungry for some straight RnB and she delivered exactly what I wanted in full force. :p)

zankara

My rankings:

Great
I care
Countdown
End of time
Schoolin' Life

Good
1+1
I Miss you
Start over
Love on top
Dance for you

OK
Best thing I never had
Party
Rather die young
I was here
Run the world (girls)
Lay up under me

DMeisterJ

Banned
inthezone said:
I see people are shading the Bajan Queen up in here...

Yeah, people are throwing shade on Rih-Rih, but it's to be expected. You must shade anyone who's topping the Billboard charts, especially when a certain someone isn't. :p

Jayayess1190 said:
Both of you are correct.

That too.

Crumpet Trumpet said:
About to listen to the album right now, just wanted to pop in to say Run the World has slowly been taking over my life over the past week omfg
I find myself enjoying the live performances, but just listening to the song is kinda boring, I don't know.

She performed at X Factor yesterday and jumped on the judge's table, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5m8lzN42g

inthezone said:
I see people are shading the Bajan Queen up in here...
You can take your Trojan Queen out of this thread though, she won't be missed.

zankara said:
Great
Schoolin' Life
Yas! Some of you are missing the deluxe tracks, and Schoolin Life is one of the best songs from 4. Definitely coming for the Grammys 2011, amazing lyrics and production, get them King B.

Mau ®

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, people are throwing shade on Rih-Rih, but it's to be expected. You must shade anyone who's topping the Billboard charts, especially when a certain someone isn't. :p

They don't what will hit them when Rih re-releases LOUD this Fall. More flawless slaying incoming.

OT: I really like 1+1, End of Time and I Was Here. Its a shame because this is the kind of album I wanted from Beyonce but its boring for some reason. I only really like her "I am" side of Sasha Fierce.

Kamille said:
This is the first Beyonce album I've really sat down and listened to extensively, and it's quite good. Liking it more, the more I listen to it. Standouts for me are 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had, Start Over, Countdown and End of Time.
I approve your avatar. I also approve this album. 1+1 is something none of the other current pop divas can even approach. I don't get the love for End of Time though. It's like Run the World except without any of its frenzied energy.

Why Don't You Love Me (combination of song+video) is still the best thing Beyonce's ever done though.

Best Thing I Never Had is the first song on iTunes UK, since yesterday actually!

inthezone said:
They don't what will hit them when Rih re-releases LOUD this Fall. More flawless slaying incoming.
Gerl don't make me drag you! Rihanus releases an album every year and has yet to top the Billboard 200 (album chart). LMAO

Meanwhile, Beyonce has topped the charts with all of her solo albums, Dangerously In Love, B'Day, I Am... Sasha Fierce and now, 4.

When will your fave get a number one album? Beyonce already has four and is breaking records by doing so.

Mau ®

Sammy Samusu said:
Meanwhile, Beyonce has topped the charts with all of her solo albums, Dangerously In Love, B'Day, I Am... Sasha Fierce and now, 4.

When will your fave get a number one album? Beyonce already has four and is breaking records by doing so.

When will your fave get another #1 hit, let alone 3 from the same era? When will your fave get 100M+ on radio, when Run The World barely did better than Judas. It aint my fault What's My Name slayed your fave without mercy.

#Dragged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom