• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading |OT| beta-testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Steam-Logo.-18-Mayo.png

trading_beta.jpg

lets try this thing, post what you wanna trade here.

Announcement on TF2's site

Announcement GAF thread

TF2-specific trading GAF thread

Steam trading FAQ

* will keep working in the OP depending on how the thread moves along

Hey. I am totally ready to dip into this thing. I have not a lot, but some tf2 crap including the potato hat I think you only got for getting a golden potato? and I'll trade any and all of it for a gift of Limbo.

Also I'll trade any TWO of these games for a gift of Limbo: Counter strike source, HL 2 ep 1, hl 2 deathmatch, tf 2, l4d 1, and the original portal.

I'm in the steam neogaf chat if you can peep my meager tf2 offerings from there, obviously this is all pretty new.

copied aaaand pasted :p

Talamius

Let's see how this works:

I have 1 spare copy each of Hoard and Sanctum I will trade for E.Y.E. Closest I can get to even value.

Edit: Talamius on Steam.

Hylian7

Alright, I think I know how I'm going to test this out. I want to try to trade for a Skyrim preorder.

Here's my backpack:

http://tf2b.com/76561197999607149

And these are the games I currently have extra copies of:

Half-Life 2 (x2)
AaaaAAaaaAAAaa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Cogs

I don't know what the approximate value of Skyrim would be and if it's even possible to get that out of my stuff, but I thought I would just throw things at the wall and see what sticks. Let me know if you're interested in anything.

theinfinityissue said:
Hey. I am totally ready to dip into this thing. I have not a lot, but some tf2 crap including the potato hat I think you only got for getting a golden potato? and I'll trade any and all of it for a gift of Limbo.

Also I'll trade any TWO of these games for a gift of Limbo: Counter strike source, HL 2 ep 1, hl 2 deathmatch, tf 2, l4d 1, and the original portal.

I'm in the steam neogaf chat if you can peep my meager tf2 offerings from there, obviously this is all pretty new.

copied aaaand pasted :p

Trade completed, new copy of Limbo in tow. This is seriously a freaking awesome and unexpected development, as I had zero room for it in this month's gaming budget, and here it is. This system works and is awesome.

Baha

Hylian7 said:
Just of curiousity, what are Bill's Hats worth now?

$8. Personally I prefer trading them for 5 keys since those are worth $10-12 so you can get a bit more that way. Since keys are $2.50 in the Mann Co. Store, you could easily trade 5 keys ($12.50) for a $11-12 game or even $10 if you're so inclined. The buyer would be saving anywhere from 50 cents to $2.50 (free key essentially) so it's not a bad idea.

Hylian7

Baha said:
$8. Personally I prefer trading them for 5 keys since those are worth $10-12 so you can get a bit more that way. Since keys are $2.50 in the Mann Co. Store, you could easily trade 5 keys ($12.50) for a $11-12 game or even $10 if you're so inclined. The buyer would be saving anywhere from 50 cents to $2.50 (free key essentially) so it's not a bad idea.
Ehh, I'm not so interested in trading for keys seeing how much of a gamble they are. I'm more interested in trading a bunch of stuff for a Skyrim preorder. :p

Hylian7

Hylian7 said:
Alright, I think I know how I'm going to test this out. I want to try to trade for a Skyrim preorder.

Here's my backpack:

http://tf2b.com/76561197999607149

And these are the games I currently have extra copies of:

Half-Life 2 (x2)
AaaaAAaaaAAAaa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Cogs

I don't know what the approximate value of Skyrim would be and if it's even possible to get that out of my stuff, but I thought I would just throw things at the wall and see what sticks. Let me know if you're interested in anything.
Alright, I rearranged my backpack to be presentable. Here's how my organization works:

Page 1: Row 1: Genuine stuff (Rift Well Spun Hat Voucher just stuck at the end)
Row 2: Non-TF2 promo cosmetics
Row 3: Non-promo TF2 cosmetics
Row 4: TF2 event cosmetics
Row 5: Dueling Minigames

Page 2: Primary slot weapons (some vintage, might rearrange it where Vintage stuff is first)

Page 3: Secondary slot weapons (includes PDA2, some vintage, might rearrange it where Vintage stuff is first)

Page 4: Melee slot weapons (some vintage, might rearrange it where Vintage stuff is first)

Page 5: Top 3 are overflow from Page 4, the rest is non-tradeable cosmetics

Page 6: Crates, in order by series.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Keen to try this out. I have alot of extra stuff from the potato shennanigans, willing to trade anything. PM me or just add me as a friend on Steam if interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nedjoe/inventory/

Have
Portal 1 x2
Killing Floor
Defence Alliance 2
Audiosurf
Amnesia
Super Meat Boy
Half Life 1
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Ep 1
Half Life 2 Ep 2
Half Life 2 death match
And a lot of TF2 stuff.

Want
Bastion, From Dust.

Ledsen

So I have

Bill's Hat
The Frying Pan
Ellis' Cap

and I'm wondering if these are worth anything? Would sure rather have a game than these.

Card Boy

Banned
I live in Australia and work so keep in mind of AEST (Australia Eastern Standard time)

What i Have:

Dirt 3 1 left (Steam key)
Rome Gold Total War (Steam key)
Napoleon Total War
Humble Bundle 2 x4 Steam keys

What I want:

Bastion
Super Street Fighter 4: AE (on Steam)
Dead Rising 2
Dungeons of Dredmor
GTA: Vice City
LIMBO
Chantelise
From Dust

mojiimbo

Ledsen said:
So I have

Bill's Hat
The Frying Pan
Ellis' Cap

and I'm wondering if these are worth anything? Would sure rather have a game than these.
Bill's hat is worth $8 but the other two are pretty much worthless.

TGMIII

Got:
Condition-zero
Counter-strike 1.6
Day of Defeat 1.3
Deathmatch classic
Half-life 1
Half-life 2 + Half-life 2 DM
Half-life blueshift
Left 4 Dead 1
2x Terraria

Add me if you're interested in any of the above. ID:V_deck

Baha

Acidote said:
Is it working for you?, I can't see anything in anybody's inventory.

Are you in the new Steam Trade Beta? Make sure you are by going to Steam Settings > Change Beta Participation to Steam Trade Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom