• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actual DotA 2 Screenshots

PasteyMF

I'll update this post if more come in.

30k3r5g.jpg

HmGn4.jpg

AtS3m.png

64xi0.png

120503787uqe07zuc0es2c.png

PasteyMF

If it is real, I can't imagine where that is on the map... Legion spawn? Where's the shop? I'm guessing it's old. :\

It looks like SF's soul collection skill has him glowing... maybe there's visual feedback on how many souls he's collected in game? At least, that would tie in with the character art just released.

Recon

Banned
While it does look fake(The UI looks horrible), it does look like the same art style they were going for. And thats definitely Sentinel(Legion) fountain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Matches the blurry screen in the Thai interview.

Get hype for dat visual clarity.

It looks like the mid entrance to Legion. Although the position of the tower is definitely off.

Haly

Which blob are you talking about?

It's all green blobs!

Exuro

Halycon said:
Which blob are you talking about?

It's all green blobs!
I edited :p. The skills are green compared to SF's darker tones and they mixed with the healthbar when blurred looking like a giant green box/blob on the UI.

Haly

Exuro said:
I edited :p. The skills are green compared to SF's darker tones and they mixed with the healthbar when blurred looking like a giant green box/blob on the UI.
Yeah I was going to say those were probably skills for another hero.

I hope the UI is modable/scalable. It's already pretty minimalist but I wouldn't mind if I could remove some of the padding.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
UI looks like shit... other than that, good stuff!

Haly

Yoshichan said:
UI looks like shit... other than that, good stuff!
I think it's fine. It's not pretty but very serviceable, which is one of the WC3 engine's main strengths really.

Is it just me or is that camera zoomed out to near LoL levels?

PasteyMF

Lol... Jinx. Love the art style, I'm sure the UI is more refined by now.

An ass is the courier. Look at the lower right.
Z x c v b n hotkeys for items. o:

NEED MORE. MOGZ.

Exuro

Yeah that art style is really nice. The UI just looks too minimal. There's two "boxes" that aren't even being used. I mean it's good to have something to split the areas up but those areas themselves look like they're saving space.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, second screenshot looks AMAZING.

Halycon said:
I think it's fine. It's not pretty but very serviceable, which is one of the WC3 engine's main strengths really.

See, thats the problem, DOTA 2 is supposed to be DOTA - but nicer looking. If the game isn't alot prettier than DOTA then why bother? To be fair that screenshot does look nice (graphically). UI wise though I really would like more.

inky

Valnen said:
UI is ugly as sin, the bright grey is just terrible =(.

WiP. Beta UIs are always like that i.e. they are almost always the last thing to get fine detail and might even change over time.

Hand painted scenery looks alright.

to say the least, seems it won't make your eye bleed to tell actually what happens on the screen.

I hope it runs fine with hamster powered PCs of current dota players

walking fiend said:
to say the least, seems it won't make your eye bleed to tell actually what happens on the screen.

I think Valve would want it to be as accessible as possible when it comes to hardware.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
walking fiend said:

The visual techniques are very similar to what's used in SWTOR and Diablo 3, so I'm sure it will run on just about anything.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:

I like the camera being zoomed out.

Top Bottom