• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

ZO2ed.jpg

Where: Radegast Biergarten and Hall, 113 North 3rd Street on the corner of Berry
When: March 31st, 9PM

OP will be updated with new important information as it comes.

March 24, 2012

As stated in the earlier update, some of us will be spending the afternoon in Williamsburg. Bob Page suggested a good place for lunch called Graham Avenue Meats And Deli on 445 Graham Ave (between Frost St & Richardson St) around 2-3PM. After lunch some of us will be going to Berry Street Beer Garden on 4 Berry Street at around 4-5PM. Meetup is still at 9PM, but all are welcome to join some of us for the afternoon festivities.

March 21, 2012

Some of us will be spending the day in Brooklyn prior to the meetup at 9PM. We'll probably walk around a few parks with a few beers in tow. Also I'd like to start getting a list of who's going. Post to let us know if you're attending the meetup. I'll make a list after I get a good headcount.

March 20, 2012

Well, well, well NYC GAF, I think it's time for us to do our shenanigans again. This time I thought we would move our hijinks to Williamsburg on March 31st at 9PM. There's a bunch of great bars on Bedford Avenue, and it'd be a great experience to see each other again. Especially since most of OT GAF saw how much more fun we have than any other city following our meetup in February. Maybe we could all stumble over to Times Square cams again, no humping our dear leader though.

Williamsburg, aka Hipsterburg is the first stop in Brooklyn on the L Train. It's easily accessible and there's a row of bars that we could go to. The Radegast Biergarten is where we will start our meetup at 9PM. The Radegast Biergarten is at 113 North 3rd Street, and is on the corner of 3rd and Berry. The bar offers a festive atmosphere, and is the perfect place to sit down at a long picnic table with a large group of friends. I think it would be the perfect way to start the night off. I doubt we'll stay there for long though, beer prices can be a little expensive. After we leave the bar, I thought we could bar crawl north on Bedford Avenue. There's about 8-10 different bars within a 6 block radius. Below are a few pictures of the Biergarten, a map of where we will be crawling, and a list of who's coming.

radegast_biergarten_williamsburg_brooklyn_ny_int.jpg

esq-radegast-0609-lg.jpg

MAP of Williamsburg. L-Train Stop is Circled in Red.

Coming

Jipan
Smokey
KC
Mahonay
Jamieson87
Raging Spaniard
Jon Bones
Emily Chu
Commish
Acid08
Dmncby2k9
Number47
Shiggie
Bob Page
Gutterboy44
Jacir
Penguin
Entrement
Pein
Houston3000
TangMeng
The Last Wizard
JasonG
bggrthnjsus
-PXG-
Axalon
ShinobiFist
Raging Spaniard

Maybe

Slayer-33
Mammoth Jones
Joe Shlabotnik
Enduin
Prolougue
Schattnejagger

Mully

I will update the OP if anything changes. You won't have to search the thread for anything important, it will all be in the OP.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm all over this! Always pumped to meet some new faces and then promptly getting drunk with said faces. Looking forward to it.

I'm on holiday in NYC from the 30th to the 8th. So count me in. I'm from Scotland.

Would someone be willing to meet me in midtown and make our way down from there?

Mahonay

Banned
I'm on holiday in NYC from the 30th to the 8th. So count me in. I'm from Scotland.

Would someone be willing to meet me in midtown and make our way down from there?
I'm not coming from that direction but I wouldn't mind if no one else is able to.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I would do this but I'm seeing Radiohead that night.

Radiohead > GAF

No offense! :(

jasonng

I have to celebrate my friend's birthday that weekend but there's a good chance we'll be in brooklyn so I'm a maybe. My friend's birthday is a formal celebration so I would be suited up if I come through.

Mully

Great banner KC. Sounds like we got a good crowd. Kisaya said she's a maybe because it's so close to her.

Hopefully we'll have a girl this time.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you Mully, why not during Spring break? :(

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It's a Friday night, take the Blue Beetle to Mineola and meet me at Jamaica.

I'm going to Greece from Thursday to Sunday. Then that next week will be hell.

Mully

Spoiler alert:

She's under 21.

Noted, but they really don't ID over there, especially if you're with a group of legal drinkers. Since I'm 20, I'm going to be using my friend's ID for the night just to be on the safe side.

Mahonay

Banned
To be honest I've been going to bars in NYC since I was 19. I didn't have a fake ID though, they just carded way less 6 years ago.

Mahonay

Banned
Noted, but they really don't ID over there, especially if you're with a group of legal drinkers. Since I'm 20, I'm going to be using my friend's ID for the night just to be on the safe side.

Yeah a word of warning to anyone thinking of going with out IDs, they card at most bars here these days.

jasonng

Williamsburg is pretty laid back with IDing. In fact I dont think I was ever carded there.

If a few of us want to start early, we can always go to McClaren Park during the day and drink. Turkey's Nest is a bar across the street from the park and they pour cheap beer in huge styrofoam cups so you can drink outdoors. There's also Berry Park which has rooftop seating. Case in point, I'd like to take full advantage of the beautiful weather we're having.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yeah a word of warning to anyone thinking of going with out IDs, they card at most bars here these days.

Yeah it is a weekend too I noticed they care more during the weekend. If you know you can get away with a fake id do it, if not then don't.

Williamsburg is pretty laid back with IDing. In fact I dont think I was ever carded there.

If a few of us want to start early, we can always go to McClaren Park during the day and drink. Turkey's Nest is a bar across the street from the park and they pour cheap beer in huge styrofoam cups so you can drink outdoors. There's also Berry Park which has rooftop seating. Case in point, I'd like to take full advantage of the beautiful weather we're having.

Yeah I am down for that. Hopefully the weather is nice next week too.

Mully

Sounds perfect. I'd be down for that. I've only been down there during the night, it'd be great to see a few things during the day.

Mahonay

Banned

That's not a bad idea at all. I'd be completely game to start off early. Definitely wouldn't mind basking in the nice weather with a couple brews. Hopefully this insanely nice weather keeps up.

jasonng

Since it's in Brooklyn, I feel like I have no excuse not to come!

Someone would probably dry hump you. It's common courtesy, really.

EDIT: Aaaawwwwww yeah, Emily Chu unshackled. Fuck now I have to make an appearance. I'll figure something out.

bengraven

I wish I lived in NYC.

Not that I would go to this. I just wish I lived in NYC.
I would consider going to this

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe I'm gonna miss a chance to meet Emily Chu.

I think it would be strange to meet some of you. But I can't see us having a debate about some of the shit OT normally discusses without someone getting stabbed, LMAO.

How did the last meetup go? Anyone end up in a headlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom