• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Akia

the-walking-dead5.png

Release Date: Tuesday, April 24th (OUT NOW)

Steam: $24.99 for all 5 episodes - SteamPlay support, you cannot purchase episodes individually on Steam
PSN: Each episode will cost $4.99 on PSN and pre-purchase the season for $19.99 (20% discount).
XBLA: FRIDAY APRIL 27TH 400MSP for Episode 1
iOS: Coming Very Soon (release date not officially announced)

There will be a new episode every month, 5 episodes total:

Episode 1 – A New Day (April 24th)
Episode 2 – Starved for Help (June)
Episode 3 –
Long Road Ahead
Episode 4 –
Around Every Corner
Episode 5 –
No Time Left

THE GAME IS A PREQUEL TO THE COMIC BOOK.
PLEASE MARK AND LABEL ALL TV SHOW AND COMIC BOOK SPOILERS.

screenlg5.jpg

a0b1a70d018dde55ffdfbd2d911d3788.jpg

2a38b7171509c433376c4763435932ad.jpg

4009d64d018e722033290c5c01545c34.jpg

wrowa

Will it be possible to buy the episodes indvidually on Steam too?

This is the best-looking Telltale game in quite a while (actually, on a graphical level it seems to be way above everything they've produced up to this point), but I would like to try a single episode before buying everything.

Kifimbo

IGN - 8.5 (first episode) - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223558p1.html

The Walking Dead: The Game is off to a great start with A New Day. It has a believable cast of characters and a great look. Sure, the puzzles some adventure gamers love are missing and there will be an audio hiccup here and there, but as an introductory hook to the five-episode series, The Walking Dead Episode 1 has just about everything fans could want.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And bought, solely off of the early interviews on the producers and Whitta, and it's The Walking Dead.

I like the tv show, absolutely love the comic but I'm still not sold on this game yet. I think I'll wait for more impressions after it's out before buying it.

Akia

I pre-ordered on Steam because this game is Jake and Sean's baby.

Idle Thumbs for life.

PSN users are lucky being able to purchase the episodes individually.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The premise of the various choices (i.e. life and death) carrying over all the games, is another thing I'm interested in. Hopefully more in depth than what ME gave us.

KorrZ

This has a great look to it, really nails the graphic novel style. For $4.99 it seems more than worth it to at least check out the first episode on PSN. Any word on the length of each episode?

How do Telltales's games do on 360 vs PS3? Basically, which console provides the better experience with past games that were released on both platforms?

RPGCrazied

I've only played some of the back to the future on PS3. It looked fine from what I played. I doubt the settings are at HIGH, probably MEDIUM graphic settings.

Sciz

Mighty fine art, coming from Telltale. Hits a nice middle ground between the realistic grit of L4D and the graphic novel stylings of Borderlands.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
They don't sell the steam version on the official site do they?

ElRenoRaven

Oh goodie. I was wondering if we would have an OT for the game. It's so nice. My games list now has a Walking Dead banner at the top on the TellTale site. I always love seeing them prepping for the release.

Teknoman

It looks great, but had no idea you had to purchase the full season on steam. The first 30 minutes looked great so I guess i'll wait for reviews too.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised, this actually looks pretty damn decent judging by the ign video review. Might have to pick it up, $25 is a little steep though.

Edit: Oh, it's for all five episodes... Not too bad.

Teknoman

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223558p1.html

First review?

9.0 Presentation
A New Day is a great story filled with cool moments and fleshed-out characters.

8.5 Graphics
Some of the art has sharp edges and tiny details look blurred, but overall, the comic book style is colorful and inviting. It's a pretty game.

8.5 Sound
Great voice acting brings the characters to life. Still an audio issue -- a character suddenly becomes softer -- here and there.

8.5 Gameplay

The new control scheme is easy to get the hang of and fun to use. Not many puzzles. Kind of an interactive graphic novel, which I dig.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
I played it twice to see the other side. Real value will come as you play other episodes and see if your choices truly change the outcomes.

OVERALL
Great

Cudder

i havent seen the show or read the comics. just clicked on the thread out of morbid curiosity.

what the fuck?

those graphics are AWESOME.

edit: oh, it's not an action game?

Top Bottom