• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

23 Minutes of New Planetside 2 Footage (Night Time, Vehicles, Different Classes)

Pennybags

AAA Free to Play MMO FPS. 'Nuff Said!

Forgelight engine built from ground up (To be used in Everquest sequel as well)
3 Faction persistent open world PVP
Bases, territorial control
Clan support, meaningful roles in the conflict (Anti-Vehicle, Anti-Infantry/Base infiltration, Support/Medic, etc.)
Free to Play, supported by aesthetic or convenience "side-grades"
Day/Night and weather cycles

Aiming for 666v666v666 Players!

TotalBiscuit recently took a trip to SOE to play and capture footage. Apparently there is a lot more coming next week.

Youtube Linky

I am really looking forward to this, and I hope it can reach a decent audience through videos like these.

Edit:

Vehicle customization/Liberator Gameplay

Just what is it all about, anyway?

Massive Air Combat

Thanks for the link. Strangely looking forward to this despite never having played the first, nor even playing games like this that often.

I fucking loved Planetside during beta and early launch. Was so damned fun just fighting.

I just hope PS2 can fix the problem of capping an area due to their network being unable to handle so many users.

My brother-in-law bought a new Dell Gamer-line PC for this game.

Literally all he's playing on it right now is the original Planetside; I don't think he even has Steam installed on there.

gogojira

Planetside 2 looks great but it's making my PC cry even watching videos on Youtube. I really should build a new rig one year or another.

Pennybags

Planetside 2 looks great but it's making my PC cry even watching videos on Youtube. I really should build a new rig one year or another.

The devs have gone on record multiple times saying that the game should be fairly comfortable even with slightly older machines. In the PC Gamer cover story they had a quote saying something to the tune of "FPS in our game stands for Frames Per Second". (Paraphrasing)

As a free to play title, it makes sense anyways.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Night fighting looks cool but I'm assuming we're going to see the same bullet / laser things all over in the day as well right?

I'm really excited for this, but I'm still just amazed at how great their new engine is.

Really makes me want to see some in-progress videos of EQNext...

IIRC, they have said that they are "unsure" of whether it will have a box price.

I'm sure, but this looks really damn promising for an alpha. I'm already ready to drop $50.

Alrix

IIRC, they have said that they are "unsure" of whether it will have a box price.

I'm sure it will, it looks like it costs a lot of resources to make. Plus that just sounds like they didn't want to let people down yet who were hoping it was totally f2p.

XPE

Aiming for 666v666v66 Players!

Hope I'm not in the 66 team =p

As long as the game has a good number of player it should be good, 2000 players might be a bit over kill, it could just degenerate into a cluster fuck like mag did.

Any way when the shit hit the fan in planet side you ended up concentrating on really just one objective.

Planetside 1 is legendary. That game was super meaningful. It played like Halo with same type of guns, same sort of vehicles, low gravity... even had an identical dropship to the pelican.

it was like playing Halo with 400-500 people and without grenades. It was an insane game.

Planetside is home to two of my most memorable gaming moments ever. Played it until it was ruined with Core Combat. I'm really looking forward to PS2 though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think this is the new footage I was pointing to in the other thread. Either way, game looks incredibly fun.

mangaroo

Banned
This game may tear me away from my vita.

I know it is alpha, but I hope the flying mechanics are a little bit less arcade.

Game has beat ovject motion blur and lighting. Plus the art design is fantastic IMO. Cnanot wait for it to come out and light up some noobs.

Sentenza

ibZQAi.gif

Top Bottom