• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Dude Cyborgs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a running joke among my friends and I is that there seems to be an odd amount of black dudes in tv/movies/videogames who are either cyborgs, have mechanical parts, or are in fact a mechanic/sometimes a pilot, but often having a mastery of some sort of piece of machinary (often times all of the above). We're not exactly sure why this happens so much but I just thought it was strange. I'll start with some examples:

I guess the gist is, if there's a team of people generally the black guy is the cyborg and/or mechanic of the group.

And if anyone was wondering, yes I'm black and no I'm not a cyborg.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
shaq-steel.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Jazz the Autobot in Transformers

and

Miles Dyson in Terminator 2: Judgment Day

20ZNL.jpg

I really wonder whether this is just us being selective, or whether this is a trope that just sorta sprung up out of nowhere.

Snake

It is because John Henry was a steel drivin man.

From then on black people were officially the masters of machinery, within and without.

TheOGB

Banned
I have a friend who used to just be tall and lanky, but after a summer he got buff as fuck out of nowhere

My first thought was roids, but after seeing this thread I question his love of dubstep and the only dance I see him do being The Robot

It is because John Henry was a steel drivin man.

From then on black people were officially the masters of machinery, within and without.
That is exactly what I was thinking.
I did a project on John Henry in the 5th grade, I can't help but make the John Henry connection everywhere I see it now :p

darthvader_detail.png

Man, I don't care about that bald headed white dude was at the end of RotJ. Look at pose, that swagger, dat black man confidence. Remember that voice!

Darth Vader was a brotha

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm guessing this is an attachement to the black heroes and electricity thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom