• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Darksiders II Stage Demo.

DieH@rd

Banned
For those who doesn't know much about DS2:

- Great mix of agile combat [no block, only dodging], agile traversal [much faster than in DS1] and puzzles.
- Storyline that will greatly expand upon the lore of DS1, new & old chars. Story is running in parallel with DS1 during majority of the game, far away from Earth and War. We dont known if there will be reunion of horsemen.
- Four big playing areas. Each in new environment, each large as entire DS1.
- 25+ hours for main storyline, with crapton of sidequests and sidejobs.
- Expanded character building options - fully featured skill trees, and fully customizable gear.
- Loot, loot, loot.
- NO MULTIPLAYER
- NO COOP
- You get badass looking horse from very beginning of the game.
- Voiceactor for Death is Michael Wincott, and you main couselor is James Cosmo :)

^Somebody please add more.

Xander51

I am pumped for this game even though I've never finished the first. I plan to remedy that in within the next month.

-Four big playing areas. Each in new environment, each large as entire DS1.

65227387-omg-reaction-.gif

What he said. GODDAMN. This game can't come soon enough. It also just so happens that it will be the first new retail game I'll be buying on the 360 since Binary Domain.

Haxxor

Wow good to hear so much nice comments about the game, as I do not want to spoil anything with the game by watching the video :p

BY2K

Membero Americo

That's something I don't get. Darksiders 2 has 4 main areas and each area is as large as the whole world of Darksiders 1, yet it only adds about 10 hours for the main campaign.

It probably means a LOT of stuff is optional.

Duffyside

Banned
That's something I don't get. Darksiders 2 has 4 main areas and each area is as large as the whole world of Darksiders 1, yet it only adds about 10 hours for the main campaign.

It probably means a LOT of stuff is optional.

Heh, "only."

It also probably means that you won't have to walk everywhere, thankfully.

Damn... if the apocalyptic mode was unlocked from the start, I wouldn't have any problem buying it as soon as it came out then replaying it on Wii U.

Fuck this is hard.

Nose Master

Ugh. I can not get over that face. Everything else in this game is decent, but that fucking face. So hideous. And they chose to include that as the cool bonus in the Collector's Edition. Good luck with that.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Im nine hours deep into the first one and I'm truly enjoying it and DrkSdrs2 looks so much better. Like the little hands that appear when Death is opening a door.

Daante

For those who doesn't know much about DS2:

- Great mix of agile combat [no block, only dodging], agile traversal [much faster than in DS1] and puzzles.
- Storyline that will greatly expand upon the lore of DS1, new & old chars. Story is running in parallel with DS1 during majority of the game, far away from Earth and War. We dont known if there will be reunion of horsemen.
- Expanded character building options - fully featured skill trees, and fully customizable gear.
- Loot, loot, loot.
- NO MULTIPLAYER
- NO COOP
- You get badass looking horse from very beginning of the game.
- Voiceactor for Death is Michael Wincott, and you main couselor is James Cosmo :)

^Somebody please add more.

EVERYTHING you mention is this post is fucking AWESOME news! , especially that they DONT go for any multiplayer or coop!

ironcreed

Banned
EVERYTHING you mention is this post is fucking AWESOME news! , especially that they DONT go for any multiplayer or coop!

Indeed, give me my content-packed single player goodness. For me, gaming has always been about waiting until it's dark, shutting the blinds and getting immersed for hours on end in a good campaign. I still like multiplayer every now and then, but I'll take a good old meaty single player experience any day.

I LOVE the art in this game. Everything is so grand and detailed. And Jesper Kyd on the soundtrack is going to be so good.

Jesper Kyd is doing the soundtrack, that alone has me excited for this over the first game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tob_KO45uns&feature=relmfu

Hnnnnng. SMH @ Hitman and Assassin's Creed III not having this greatness.

EDIT: Oh wow, the other DSII tracks from his page are great too. I need this OST.

DieH@rd

Banned
Reminder! According to amazon, first Darksiders book "THE ABOMINATION VAULT" will be released tomorrow!

Darksiders-The-Abomination-Vault-3canecas.jpg

Ages before the events of Darksiders and Darksiders II, two of the feared Horsemen—Death and War—are tasked with stopping a group of renegades from locating the Abomination Vault: a hoard containing weapons of ultimate power and malice, capable of bringing an end to the uneasy truce between Heaven and Hell . . . but only by unleashing total destruction.

Created in close collaboration with the Darksiders II teams at Vigil and THQ, Darksiders: The Abomination Vault gives an exciting look at the history and world of the Horsemen, shining a new light on the unbreakable bond between War and Death.

In addition to dead tree and e-book version, audiobook will also be released. Sadly, they did not hire Liam O'Brien to provide his epic voice as narrator. Current narrator is... not great IMO.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Good gravy. I usually can get past things like framerate, jaggies, and tearing issues, but this is the absolute worst I've ever seen in a modern game that I'm interested in.

Is there any chance they can fix it significantly by release? Because if not... I dunno, man. Maybe I should cancel that preorder and then get the Deluxe Version a year later. Ooof.

That must be a capture problem. I've played the PS3 & X360 versions and there is no screen tearing.

H

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Here are a few snippets of info on the game for you Neogafer's

Nightmare Mode (difficulty setting) - One Death in combat = GAME OVER.
Possessed Weapons - You can feed items into these weapons. When they level up, you get to choose what stats are applied to them and, you can also NAME them.
Tomes - You can share items with friends via these in-game altars.
Fast Travel - Once you visit new locations, you can fast travel back to them (no walking, running or riding)

H

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Possessed Weapons - You can feed items into these weapons. When they level up, you get to choose what stats are applied to them and, you can also NAME them.

H

So you're giving me MAGs in Darksiders now.

KarmaCow

Not sure what you mean by this?

Phantasy Star Online had pets/wearable companions where you could feed them items to level them up and grow their stats.

Fast Travel - Once you visit new locations, you can fast travel back to them (no walking, running or riding)

Is this from anywhere or are they like the Serpent Holes where you needed to get to Vulgrim to warp somewhere?

Wow, everything I see about this one actually get's me more interested. I didn't expect that, especially after being so disappointed in the first one.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Will there be more portal type levels similar to the end of the first game? I loved the game don't get me wrong, but honestly that part was...a chore to finish.

I don't want to give too much away, but the level design is a core element to the game we've created, and, it's what we believe to be the heart of Darksiders.

Will there be mentally challenging puzzles, YES. Will they frustrate you as they did in Ds1, I have no idea. Everyone's threshold is different. Just as many people loved the Black Throne, as hated it. We try to make it balanced for most people, as there'll always be the people at the extremes.

H

Feindflug

Tomes - You can share items with friends via these in-game altars.

H

Sounds awesome, especially the Tomes bit.

I just want to ask if the screen tearing will be fixed, I know you guys listened in the first game and released a patch pretty quick for the 360 version that fixed the tearing but after that video I'm a little concerned. :/

Thanks for the new info btw. :)

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Is this from anywhere or are they like the Serpent Holes where you needed to get to Vulgrim to warp somewhere?

You'll fast travel to certain locations, but you can activate the action from anywhere.

H

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
I just want to ask if the screen tearing will be fixed, I know you guys listened in the first game and released a patch pretty quick for the 360 version that fixed the tearing but after that video I'm a little concerned. :/

I've played both console versions, and there's no screen tearing. We made sure to address the issue early on.

H

KevinCow

Banned

How is this different from dying in a normal difficulty? By Game Over, do you mean you have to start the whole game over and it deletes your save or something?

Top Bottom