• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got robbed at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke into my apartment. Shot and me and put a revolver to my head. I convince then to take my laptop and camera since they had value. Cops here

Omfg

commedieu

Banned
Glad to hear you're ok.. Thank god you posted on gaf afterward rather than during.

Wheres chitown when you need him?

He shot at you?

Pandemic

Ah! So good you're alive and well, and to post it ASAP on GAF is even better. We probably even heard of the news before your family did..

mokeyjoe

Makes me wonder what drives people to do such things for a few hundred's worth of electronic gear.

Hope they catch the guy.

GRIP

This just happened, and the police are currently at your house? I'm glad you're alright, but you really felt the need to post about it on gaf moments after such a traumatic event?

lenovox1

Posting on GAF would also be my reaction

There are some days where I just feel like I am the most horrible, classless biotch. . . But the Internet, the Internet always shows me that there are some that can do me one better.

Anyways, I'm very, very glad that you're alright, The_Inquisitor. And you need to sleep at a friend's tonight like was suggested earlier in the thread.

omg where are all the threads about gaffers preventing robberies with their own guns!?!?!?!?!?</manos>

Glad you got out without any injuries.

dekline

Come on man.

Glad you're okay man!

Well it just seems weird to be on GAF after something like this happened. Especially when the cops are still there.

Anyways, that must have been terrifying. Posting on GAF is probably a good thing because you weren't harmed.

Hopefully you get your things back!

Magni

And all of a sudden my pity thread from earlier tonight doesn't seem as bad.. wow man I hope you're alright. Hope everything works out for you!

matt360

This just happened, and the police are currently at your house? I'm glad you're alright, but you really felt the need to post about it on gaf moments after such a traumatic event?

I saw on an episode of House last night that when people experience trauma or near-death, it puts in perspective what is truly most important to that person. Sometimes it isn't what you'd expect. In this case, GAF.

And I'm glad you're ok man. Soon you'll start feeling pretty angry I imagine. I hope they get the person (people?) who did this.

Think he had blanks. No casing or bullets. Didn't know at time.

Literally bargained for my fucking life. If I didn't have my dslr near me to get then to leave I don't know wtf would have happened.

3 people. I tried to hold back the door like a dumbass. Jesus Christ that's when they shot through open door.

Shit man that's really scary. So glad you're not hurt. Ignore all the people posting crap, if you want to come in here and get it out of your system who is anyone else to judge. People handle situations in different ways. Just really glad you're ok. Stuff is stuff and can be replaced.

Think he had blanks. No casing or bullets. Didn't know at time.

Literally bargained for my fucking life. If I didn't have my dslr near me to get then to leave I don't know wtf would have happened.

3 people. I tried to hold back the door like a dumbass. Jesus Christ that's when they shot through open door.

I understand you just want to vent, some people don`t take things serious sometimes. It is a shock situation. I hope you can rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom