• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk PENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pens pens pens!

What are your favorite pens, fellow Gaffers? Gel? Fine or Thick? Blue or black (fuck you, purple)?

My favorite are the Pilot G-2 in 1.0 size. If you can write on a nice stack of paper (which I think is crucial), then you will never feel like using another pen again.

gwTob.jpg

Recently, though, I've been using this bad boy.

KU1VM.jpg

It's called the Sonix from Staples. It works very similar to a G2, but a lot cheaper and seems to dry a little quicker. Def. gets the job done when you can't find a trust G2 around. A fine pen, if I do say so myself. What do you guys use?

Also, on a related note, does anyone else prefer writing on just one sheet of paper when using a pencil but a stack of papers when using a pen? I can't be the only one...?

Tenck

I'm actually looking into getting a calligraphy pen, so this thread piques my interest.

Anyone on gaf use some before?

My dream pen, one day when I have lots of cash I will track down one of them:

Montblanc Qing Dynasty 2002 LE

Right now I am using this ballpen:

mont-blanc-boheme-noir-ballpoint-pen.jpg

All I know is that I hate most pointy tipped pens because they ooze ink all over the damn page I've trying to write on.

Giant packs of BIC Cristal Ballpoints are pretty much the only thing I use. They work, they're smooth (not scratchy), and they don't ooze everywhere.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I only use this

The pilot frixion is my favorite because it works and feels like a pen, but you can erase stuff using a rubber tip that comes on the pen. Erasing doesn't really work that well using pencil erasers, though, in my experience. Bonus points comes from the fact that there is no eraser rubbings when you erase using the rubber tip on the pen. It is amazing.

flippedb

Banned
I use whatever pen is available. I've even used this bad boy (and his 1,2 brother) to tske notes on class when I don't have anything else. Heck, even the 0,2.

5fa8ed578cab4906b4579dd.png

I live on the edge.

Picked up this via a kickstarter.

i wanted something indestructible so this is made of stainless steal and uses Hi-Tec-C pens. Really like it, has a nice weight and the Hi-Tec-C is a good pen in itself.

Item Box

s0212962_sc7.jpg

BIC Z4 Rollerball Pens. Comfy to write with, and each pen has a ton of ink. Only downside is that if your pages get wet, it'll most likely end in a disaster of smudge.

Never looked back to the cheap plastic pens since I picked these up.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Alternative thread - which pens are most delicious to chew on?

I always like a classic Bic Round Stic - they're sturdy and have a smooth plastic taste that's just consistently pleasurable.

round_stic_300dpi2.jpg

But these... oh man, these ones are a treat. They have a nice soft end that squishes perfectly between the teeth. The only drawback is they aren't as durable so the chew doesn't last as long. Also if you aren't careful and chew on the plug too aggressively you can end up with a mouthful of ink - it tastes gross, I've been there.

What you want to avoid at all costs are the hard plastic / clear / see through ones. There's nothing pleasant about shards of plastic in your mouth.

NinjaBoiX

Okey dokey, piggidy pokey, job seekers.

The+Egregious+Pauline.jpg

Best friends you can have, pens. Everything I learnt about people, I learnt from pens. If they don't work, you give 'em a shake. If they still don't work, you chuck 'em away, bin 'em!

Silkworm

amazing video, i want to go take classes in penmanship now.
Yeah, the guy who does the penmanship in that video, John Mottishaw, also runs nibs.com and they sell some serious pens and nibs. I doubt I'd ever have his level of preciseness but I'd sure like to try to get back into calligraphy which I dabbled in in my youth.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
A wealthy girl I dated got me a parker pen with svrovski stones for my birthday, it cost like 400 bucks I believe (could be higher, didn't see a receipt, only a few were made). I lost it a month after somewhere outside, felt so fucking guilty

We broke up soon after so she didn't know, but man that was an expensive gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom