• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yal doin too much. Chill the fuck out.
YO FUCK BET.
Moving on...

randombanner.png

Props to Honorable Brother Fyrewulff and Honorable Sister Devolution for space and logo

Welcome to the BCT. Where everything from Spike Lee to the true meaning of "thick" is up for debate. First off, I just want to thank everyone that has made a contribution to this thread, community, or across the forums in one of the many race-related threads in the past or plans to do so in the future. Its not easy and I know it gets old, but its appreciated and necessary. Next, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in. Consider it open mic. All are welcome to keep it real.

On to it then...

Natural's Law remains just as prevalent as it was back in 2011.
Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

"Black and Black" by cptmcblack is still a great read
Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.
The icebreaker from Honorable Big Brother Himuro is still a great way for new members, lurkers, and juniors to take the first step to contributing to the discussion(s) as a whole.
Where you're from-
Where you live-
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-
Do you know your roots-
Your Age-
Favorite musical genre-
Your profession/major/career interest-
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-
Also, you can take the new Rob Parker Blackness Test and see what your blackness score is!

This has been and will continue to be a place where many can come to discuss heritage, habits, perspectives, and generally share knowledge and experiences among others who understand that this road walked is indeed different. From East Coast to West Coast, from Syria to England, and from Africa to the Caribbean, this place of discussion has turned into something pretty great (even when the topic is struggle food).

As always, we try to highlight the most memorable moments and back and forths from the past. Threads worth checking out from way back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29471503&postcount=9501
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28916123&postcount=8252 - an interesting read on "hipster racism"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28002131&postcount=6354 - black knights not named Martin
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27883495&postcount=5953 - a dialogue between jon stewart and o'reilly regarding common's trip to the white house
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26875747&postcount=4118 - interesting stuff from old school JET magazine
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820 - gta san andreas and the bizarro struggle

Discussions at the first Black Council round table.
Essays on THEE fuck
PnP Ratio
And Goku getting bodied by Wonder Woman Parts 1 and Parts 2

Things from the past OT
Including threads from just this past year

In other news...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've officially sold out!

ikCUlPbzz9KQ1.gif

The IRC chatroom is up and running @ studio64.yi.org > #keepinitreal

AND

Honorable Brother MorisUkunRasik has initiated Operation Pharoah's Muse started up BCT's Official Podcast "So Well Spoken" (Updated regularly)

TgLoe.jpg

Logo by Honorable Sister Devolution
Who?
-A semi-regular group of 4 members of The Black Culture Thread with rotating regulars in the 5th and 6th seat.

What?
-A podcast to discuss culture, entertainment and current events.

When?
-We're still feeling things out but it's looking like a weekly thing for the time being, we may switch to bi-weekly down the road.

Where?
-RSS Feed - http://sowellspoken.libsyn.com/rss
-Website - http://sowellspoken.libsyn.com/webpage
-A mirror for direct downloads will be available for each episode below.

And most importantly, remember to set your watches, my brothers and sisters...
After being beaten to the ground by Towering Black Football Player Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman reluctantly pulls the trigger in self-defense. Martin falls back and lets loose a mighty African laugh. "So it begins!" he cries (translated from thug language).

The transponder on his wrist contacts the White House, where Operation Caliphate sits waiting.

"Your majesty," cries an aide (likely homosexual), "Agent Martin, codenamed Fire of Allah, has completed his mission!"

Imam Hussein Obama clasps his hands and smirks, a "jazz cigarette" in his mouth. "And now the honkies will pay."
Soon.

harSon

Banned
I can make graphics for the OP if you want. Just tell me what you want incorporated within them and I'll try and make some.

That header is still so damn nice. You do good work, Devolution.

New thread, new post:

So I was in Publix today, and I heard some of the assistant bakers talking. One of them said something about having to take some of the old bread home because he spent all of his grocery money on bills. The other dude's response? "#thestruggle." He actually said 'hashtag' out loud to begin his statement.

The lexicon of America is evolving in ways that make me feel threatened. Why can't things stay exactly as they were in 2004-2008? You know, the good ol' days? I blame everything on Slayven.

Slayven

Dy is a terrible father.

There the thread is christened.

That header is still so damn nice. You do good work, Devolution.

New thread, new post:

So I was in Publix today, and I heard some of the assistant bakers talking. One of them said something about having to take some of the old bread home because he spent all of his grocery money on bills. The other dude's response? "#thestruggle." He actually said 'hashtag' out loud to begin his statement.

The lexicon of America is evolving in ways that make me feel threatened. Why can't things stay exactly as they were in 2004-2008? You know, the good ol' days? I blame everything on Slayven.

The first Slayven shade, it begins again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyone got a link to the blackness chart by the ESPN cornball brother who got fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom